Gun Safes

Guest dakota.d

I am not saying that Browning is lying, I am saying the joker who says they have a 275 Max temp is lying!!!

http://media.browning.com/pdf/om/07_137_bsf_safe_om.pdf

F i r e P r o t e c t i o n R at i n g

Browning ProSteel fire safes carry a fire rating to help you compare the

different levels of fire resistance offered. To develop the fire ratings,

safes are subjected to a rigorous fire test. Sample safes are placed in a

gas furnace and heated for the amount of time stated to the peak

temperature in the rating. Temperatures are monitored in several

locations throughout the safe. In order to pass the test, the safe interior

temperature must not exceed 350° F in any sensor location.

Special fire considerations: Browning ProSteel fire-resistant safes are

rated to withstand the time and temperature stated on the rating label.

However, when a home burns some portions of that fire may burn at

more than 2000° F. Placement of your safe away from potential hot

spots of the fire will improve the chances of your safe and contents

surviving a home fire.

Edited by Cooter
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is Browning for more proof? The reason I decided to post anything was that you were saying things about the safe I purchased that I knew not to be true. It does not sound like you know about the safe I choose or the safe you trying to sell. I don't care what you do, I just think people should be able to trust what there hearing from those who they trust with there security.

You said: "a lot of the safe manufacturers don't like me because I do tell the truth about their safes."

Did you mean to say: a lot of the safe manufacturers don't like me because I DO Not tell the truth about their safes. ????

Edited by Cooter

Are you kidding me? Are you really going to try and save face? Be a man and admit that you lied. You told me to get proof and I did. Where is your proof? You are lying or not smart enough to understand the difference between temperature rise and maximum temperature.One tests to a max int temp of 350. One may say a Max temp RISE of 275 hence if the test begins with the inside temp of 75 the max temp rise is 275 because they test to a max internal temp of 350. Grab yourself by the shoulders and pull, it will help you see the light. Not an issue anyhow, I would not buy anything from a guy using those little cartoons in his post honest or not!

Edited by Cooter

I guess I will take that pass when you prove me wrong, I just got my hands on a 2012 catalog-new enough for you? Temp rise is 275 NOT max temp. I will wait for your correction and since you wished me a merry xmas I will forgive you for your ignorance and dishonesty.

"What does the fire rating label say on all Browning safes? It says max temp rise 275. They say is means a Max temp of 275."

They say is means a max temp? English please, were not you making fun of someone for there literary skills earlier? I said from my first post that you were changing out temp rise and max temp, you can put this back on Browning and say they confused you but I gave you every chance to clear up your misinformation...

I suggest everyone call Browning and ask what the Max internal Temp is.801-373-2385

Temp rise does not mean anything to me, I want to know the max temp my stuff will be when exposed to an outside temp for x amount of time.

Saying a safe with less than 1/4" of steel in the door compares to one with 1/2" is dishonest also leaving out that the titan has a 10gauge liner in addittion to the 7gauge body.

I understand and repect that you want to sell your brand but you are trying to do it by saying things that are misleading and in some cases just not true.

Peace on earth and good will to honest men.

The issues at hand were specific. Saying one has a 275d MAX temp and one has a 350d. Saying that one compares with another, then writing out specifications to make that statement look to be true, however leaving out certain specs like steel thickness and accurate fire certification information.

These boards are here so we can all learn, having information put out on them that is incorrect is in no ones interest and we all reley on the community to correct that bad information when it is in our ability to do so.

Cooter,

You know I'm getting the feeling that you and I will not agree no matter what we both post. You not identifying yourself in your profile and not doing so in your post tells me alot. You saying you have a 2012 brochure (which are not available yet, but to a limited number of people) and you posting the browning manual lends itself to you being a dealer with an axe to grind. You flaming me on this board with names and accusations doesn't make you a very credible source on this board.

As I said before I will stand behind Browning AND a lot of the other brands that I carry. Some are better than others, but I would rank the Browning / Prosteel safes in the top of the stack.

If you would like to come by my showroom (you apparently know where it is) and talk to me man to man instead of hiding behind a screen name I would be more than happy to discuss any subject about safes you would like, but I'm through feeding your anger and arguing with you.

Merry Christmas to all............

Hey Mark you better put your good glasses on and read that again max Internal temp rise 275 that's what it says on my browning safes temp rise not max temp now that is a fact as you say lol Mark i have had my browning 2012 catalog about 2 or 3 weeks i thought everyone had them

Edited by safes

Mr The safe house,

"You know I'm getting the feeling that you and I will not agree no matter what we both post."

Here is what we can agree upon. IF the certification BEGINS with and INTERNAL TEMP of 0 ZERO DEGREES then TEMP RISE and MAX TEMP can be the same. If the internal temp is room temp, say 75 degrees then the MAX temp is 350 and the TEMP RISE is 275. You changed what you were saying in post #32 and refered to it as temp rise as is on the label on my safe. I am not arguing with you I am stating facts.

"you posting the browning manual lends itself to you being a dealer with an axe to grind."

Me posting the manual lends itself to this crazy new thing, the kids are calling it the INTERNET or GOOGLE. It's so cool, you search for things and don't have to believe what the expert says, you can verify.

"Some are better than others, but I would rank the Browning / Prosteel safes in the top of the stack."

Not one time have I said anything negative about these safes. I have simply stated that the information put out was incorrect and decieving. Your misunderstanding and misrepresentation in my opinion disqualifies your opinion from affecting mine.

"If you would like to come by my showroom (you apparently know where it is) and talk to me man to man instead of hiding behind a screen"

I feel no need to come and speak to you man to man, a man would correct the mistake and move on. I have to guess that by now you know that there is a difference between RISE and MAX. If you do and don't admit it or if you don't either way I agree that we are finished and you can go on your way missing to oppertunity to make the correction.

"but I'm through feeding your anger and arguing with you."

Sir, I am not angry, I would be upset if I were wrong and had to admit it but I am not. I think anyone reading this has more than enough information to come to there own conclusion or whats needed to continue on with the research.

I wish you and your loved ones all a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year...

Cooter, or is it Walter? Are you still hiding behind your screen name? I always think its telling that you will insult me on this board but are not man enough to post your name or come down to my showroom and say the same thing face to face. So if you ever want to come down I welcome your visit, make sure you call first so I make sure I'm in the office.

HO HO HO:cheers:

Old, but it fits.

duty_calls.png

Bwaahaha- That may be an oldie but I have not seen it, I had to laugh at myself since thats just how it was last night. I'm a bit of a nerd what can I say.

I appoligize for you folks who have had enough, it's just hard to give up on this because I have been fooled in the past when making a purchase and then regretted it forever after because someone gave me bad info. I won't promise not to make any more posts because I think I have one left in me. <Insert Dancing Smiley Face>

Cooter, or is it Walter? Are you still hiding behind your screen name? I always think its telling that you will insult me on this board but are not man enough to post your name or come down to my showroom and say the same thing face to face. So if you ever want to come down I welcome your visit, make sure you call first so I make sure I'm in the office.

HO HO HO:cheers:

When did this become about me and not the fire test?

I wonder why one would want to change the subject instead of defending there position?

Seems like the tactic of politician, and they always tell the truth...

I'll tell you what people are tiring of our back and forth so to make it interesting I am happy to place a wager with you. If you can show me that the fire rating shows a MAX internal Temp of 275 and you were not publishing misinformation, I will publish my name, home address, social security number and sexy pictures of my wife.

If you cannot you simply have to admit that 275 is the max temp RISE just like that of which you were comparing to. (If you still do not understand the difference, well aviator, you just have to agree never to pilot a plane I am on)

As far as me coming and standing toe to toe with you in your store? Good Lord, Man! Get a grip!

We can debate this as adult Christian men, that end each post with a Merry Christmas...And to all a Good Night!

Not changing the subject, but as I figured you are not man enough to post your name, so be it , but don't bring up the Christian men argument when you are the one throwing insults. As for us standing toe to toe at my store , give me a break, I just said that if you would like to come down to my showroom feel free to stop by, nothing more , nothing less. This thread shouldn't be named "Gun Safes" it should be called "Pissing Contest"

Feliz Navidad

Not changing the subject, but as I figured you are not man enough to post your name, so be it , but don't bring up the Christian men argument when you are the one throwing insults. As for us standing toe to toe at my store , give me a break, I just said that if you would like to come down to my showroom feel free to stop by, nothing more , nothing less. This thread shouldn't be named "Gun Safes" it should be called "Pissing Contest"

Feliz Navidad

The truth is "hate speech" only to those who have something to hide.--Michael Rivero

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest. --Unknown

Dang i have not got in on this one much lets start a new one

Fort Knox door vs browning door vs Winchester door

Fort Knox Defender

fact 10 gauge outer skin with a solid 1/4 plate on the inside with a replaceable hard plate

Browning Door Medallion

fact 12 gauge outer skin with a 10 gauge plate on the inside with a hard plate welded to it

Winchester Door Ranger

fact 12 gauge outer skin with a small mid section that hold lock and hard plate and handle in place

Whats that old saying you get what you pay for

made correction was not gold

Edited by safes
Dang i have not got in on this one much lets start a new one

Fort Knox door vs browning door vs Winchester door

Fort Knox Defender

fact 10 gauge outer skin with a solid 1/4 plate on the inside with a replaceable hard plate

Browning Door Gold

fact 12 gauge outer skin with a 10 gauge plate on the inside with a hard plate welded to it

Winchester Door Ranger

fact 12 gauge outer skin with a small mid section that hold lock and handle in place not much there but good price whats that old saying you get what you pay for

Fact 52 posts no real progress :)

Guest dakota.d

Well I glad cooter or whatever his real name is stepped up. Because I was about to buy a browning over a fort knox. After talking to a couple knox dealers and getting the FACTS on the browning product and warranty, Im gonna own a Ft. Knox safe by feb. Now comes the choice of what safe. But thanks for the good/bad info from the dealers I have talked to. Any more facts yall want to throw out there on safes keep them coming. After I buy the safe ill be looking into getting a vault door for my vault room. So whats the facts on them? Thanks