Need help choosing an EDC Gun

dbla

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not everybody can HALO jump from 75 miles up into the ocean, SCUBA in 12 miles in 30 foot seas, stop the propeller of an enemy destroyer with their bare hands, climb the hull of it unaided, and take out the entire 12,000 man crew with nothing but a finger nail file and a rubber band.

Any time you take your gun out of your holster and punch a hole in paper, it's training. There is more than one kind and countless levels of training, including IDPA and similar competitions. It's not realistic to expect that everyone would spend every weekend at Tactical Killers Training Academy so you have to fill in gaps with something. At IDPA you shoot on the move, engage multiple targets, utilize cover, perform reloads and immediate action drills for instance. How exactly is that not even remotely close to training?

I agree, it's better than standing still shooting at nothing. It's still not training. It's a game. With rules. With those rules come a host of bad habits that can be developed.

Mike

I agree, it's better than standing still shooting at nothing. It's still not training. It's a game. With rules. With those rules come a host of bad habits that can be developed.

Mike

Welp, don't have another option. Unless.... You wanna come over an train me?

I had the G36 for a minute but the slim grip was painful (for me) when shooting. Your mileage may vary. I ended up with a G27 in a VMII and, while I know you're not interested in adding .40 cal to your inventory, my guess is that a G26 would suit you perfectly. As for slimness, the G27 practically disappears in my waistband, and I'm a fat boy. You might also want to consider Trijicon's new sights for competition. I can't remember the model, but they're similar to Ameriglo's orange-front config, but Trijicon also offers a yellow front. Here are some pics:

G27-01.jpg

G27-02.jpg

G27-03.jpg

G27-04.jpg