going rate for an M44?

Hey guys,

I really had no intention to look for an M44 as I am really happy with my 91/30. However, while travelling I stumbled upon an M44 in a pawn shop at what I think is a really, really good price. However, they aren't listed on AIM anymore and I'm not sure where else I can look to get a ballpark figure. What range do they normally sell in? I could be way off base here but I was thinking $250 for a run of the mill M44?

It's probably one of those things not worth messing with since I wasn't really in the market to begin with, but it caught my eye for sure.

As far as the purchase, I have a C&R, but does that help me if, without a C&R, I have to be a resident of the state? Or in general might I be able to buy the rifle here and have him mail it to an FFL? (Though then the price isn't as cheap).

GunBroker has M44's from 200 to 350 and up, but non of them have bids, so I'm not really sure.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russian Mosin Nagant M44 7.62x54R Carbine

~$200

Not super sure what you're asking regarding the C&R. If you have a C&R FFL, they can ship it to you. Doesn't matter if they are in the same state or not.

Thanks for the link - I didn't see that in the surplus rifles section.

As for the C&R, wouldn't it allow me to buy the rifle in-store regardless of my state of residence, or do I really have to have it shipped (or might this vary by state as to if they are allowed to hand it over to me in-state)? I got the C&R recently, so I honestly didn't even think about it in the hustle and bustle of the busy store....

I really wasn't looking for an M44 and just ran into it, so not sure if I'll go back and pursue it. But now I do want to be sure I understand how the C&R works in person, for future reference if nothing else.

Thanks for the link - I didn't see that in the surplus rifles section.

As for the C&R, wouldn't it allow me to buy the rifle in-store regardless of my state of residence, or do I really have to have it shipped (or might this vary by state as to if they are allowed to hand it over to me in-state)? I got the C&R recently, so I honestly didn't even think about it in the hustle and bustle of the busy store....

I really wasn't looking for an M44 and just ran into it, so not sure if I'll go back and pursue it. But now I do want to be sure I understand how the C&R works in person, for future reference if nothing else.

Take copies of it with you and your DL/ID and you will be good to go.

Guest bkelm18

Well it's a rifle, so you can purchase it at the store regardless of having a C&R FFL. Long guns don't have the same residency restrictions as handguns when it comes to buying from an FFL.

Edited by bkelm18
  • 2 weeks later...

Also, be aware that some firearm dealers either don't know what a C&R is or just play dumb about it. Not many, but they are around. Pawn shops are probably the worst, but I know that Gander Mountain here in Knoxville will not honor any FFL - or so they told me.

Best thing about a C&R is ordering on-line anyway.

• 1 month later...

Sweet! Yall are making me feel great about the $140 I paid for mine at the Murfreesboro show. The guy had probably priced 9130's and thought he was robbing me. Guess we both left happy.