Rainier; gunman sought

Guest msparks

Guest msparks

Here is the story,

All visitors evacuated from Rainier; gunman sought - Yahoo! News

and looks like they found him:

Authorities Find Body Believed to Be Mt. Rainier Shooting Suspect - Yahoo! News

Couple comments.

Look for a National Park Clamp down due to this. Of course the one reason to carry anywhere including the National Park is because of someone like this.

This PTSD stuff is everywhere, while I don't have it, I sure sympathize with my brothers in arms who do. Not that I think of murdering someone is a excuse even with PTSD (going political, I just don't think the Nation understands the affects this war is having on people if they don't come home dead, they are so f'ed up it's just sad) and we keep looking for more wars to get into.)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are they going to do really? They can't legally stop you from carrying in national parks anymore... only in buildings.

Here is the story,

All visitors evacuated from Rainier; gunman sought - Yahoo! News

and looks like they found him:

Authorities Find Body Believed to Be Mt. Rainier Shooting Suspect - Yahoo! News

Couple comments.

Look for a National Park Clamp down due to this. Of course the one reason to carry anywhere including the National Park is because of someone like this.

This PTSD stuff is everywhere, while I don't have it, I sure sympathize with my brothers in arms who do. Not that I think of murdering someone is a excuse even with PTSD (going political, I just don't think the Nation understands the affects this war is having on people if they don't come home dead, they are so f'ed up it's just sad) and we keep looking for more wars to get into.)

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision to allow loaded weapons in national parks.

He called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate.

Read more: Police Confirm Body Found Is Gunman Sought In Mount Rainier National Park Ranger Shooting | Fox News

Like making a law to keep guns out of national parks would have changed any of this!!! Buncha idiots!!!

Looks like that worthless sack of excrement managed to off himself. Too bad he didn't do it before he killed someone else.

U.S. News - Body found; likely man sought in killing of Rainier ranger

I think he may have died of hypothermia. I heard there was no indication of suicide. I think he was trying to flee ill prepared.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Mom's basement

Well he had rifles which are still illegal in National Parks. The decision to allow loaded handguns in National Parks had no bearing on this situation whatsoever.

Since when did logic and/or the truth ever deter the anti-gunners?

I'm sure there will be plenty of despicable people using this tragedy to further their agenda.

But of course, we already knew that.

"Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision to allow loaded weapons in national parks.

He called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate."

Sorry, this guy Bill Wade is an ignorant buzzard.

This shooter murdered a Park Ranger! He didn't care if the law allowed him to carry a gun is a National Park or not.

This is just the typical reaction from a knee-jerk gun grabber.

Bill Wade, the outgoing chair of the Coalition of National Park Service Retirees, said Congress should be regretting its decision to allow loaded weapons in national parks.

He called Sunday's fatal shooting a tragedy that could have been prevented. He hopes Congress will reconsider the law that took effect in early 2010, but doubts that will happen in today's political climate.

Read more: Police Confirm Body Found Is Gunman Sought In Mount Rainier National Park Ranger Shooting | Fox News

Like making a law to keep guns out of national parks would have changed any of this!!! Buncha idiots!!!

Yeah because a guy who shoots 4 people... then while running from that crime, shots and kills a ranger will be stopped because of the no firearm signs at the gate he ran through at high speed.

Well he had rifles which are still illegal in National Parks. The decision to allow loaded handguns in National Parks had no bearing on this situation whatsoever.

Just a note, the bill did not specify handguns only "firearms", so rifles aren't illegal in national park anymore than handguns. Each park is simply now in line with the firearm laws of the state in which it resides.

So there are any number of states where you may possess loaded rifles in a Park either with or without a carry permit (including TN). I have read that some western states allow loaded rifle possession on one's person, too, not just in vehicle.

- OS

I think he may have died of hypothermia. I heard there was no indication of suicide. I think he was trying to flee ill prepared.

Hopefully he froze to death; that doesn't seem like it would be a pleasant way to go. He deserved a lot worse.

Guest bkelm18
Just a note, the bill did not specify handguns only "firearms", so rifles aren't illegal in national park anymore than handguns. Each park is simply now in line with the firearm laws of the state in which it resides.

So there are any number of states where you may possess loaded rifles in a Park either with or without a carry permit (including TN). I have read that some western states allow loaded rifle possession on one's person, too, not just in vehicle.

- OS

Ah, I did not realize that.

Guest msparks
Hopefully he froze to death; that doesn't seem like it would be a pleasant way to go. He deserved a lot worse.

Actually it's a pretty pleasant way to go. Matter of fact it's my preferred method (that I have in my head).

Once you get past the severe shivering, which only lasts a short time as your muscles run out of energy you then become euphoric and then slip away into a coma and die.

I haven't seen any stories indicating he had a permit which leads me to believe he did not. The law would not have affected this one way or the other, ignoring the fact that he had already shot four people prior to this.

Actually it's a pretty pleasant way to go. Matter of fact it's my preferred method (that I have in my head).

Once you get past the severe shivering, which only lasts a short time as your muscles run out of energy you then become euphoric and then slip away into a coma and die.

I've had hypothermia. The shivering lasted almost two hours after I changed clothes, climbed into a sleeping bag, and was laying next to a fire. It wasn't pleasant at all.

Yeah because a guy who shoots 4 people... then while running from that crime, shots and kills a ranger will be stopped because of the no firearm signs at the gate he ran through at high speed.

If, in fact, the media reports are correct that he was subject to an Order of Protection, it was illegal for him to have firearms in his possession anyway...

If, in fact, the media reports are correct that he was subject to an Order of Protection, it was illegal for him to have firearms in his possession anyway...

Then how on earth was he able to shoot 5 people? Wouldn't he obey the law?? I don't understand!!!

I haven't seen any stories indicating he had a permit which leads me to believe he did not. The law would not have affected this one way or the other, ignoring the fact that he had already shot four people prior to this.

I've had hypothermia. The shivering lasted almost two hours after I changed clothes, climbed into a sleeping bag, and was laying next to a fire. It wasn't pleasant at all.

Yeah I've been hypothermic as well. Shivering uncontrollably, shirt of breath, light headed, nauseous. very unpleasant, but pain is merely a function of reality or memory. If your dead it's irrelevant.

Sent from my Mom's basement