idpa this weekend

Guest recoveryman1

Guest clutepc

Well I think I know where at least 15 of my points came from, if I'm guessing right, shooting a no-shoot target is 5 (procedural) and at least 2 completely missed on the head shots 5 each..

I think I have the right..

I'm joining IDPA this week, I was curious about the classifications, how does that work...

Edited by clutepc
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gsbell
Well I think I know where at least 15 of my points came from, if I'm guessing right, shooting a no-shoot target is 5 (procedural) and at least 2 completely missed on the head shots 5 each..

I think I have the right..

I'm joining IDPA this week, I was curious about the classifications, how does that work...

Start out with downloading a copy of the rule book here:

http://idpa.com/Documents/IDPARuleBook2005.pdf

The hit on a non-threat is 5 points those are not really a proceedural which are 3 points.

The classifications are based on the time it takes to shoot the classifier match. For SSP it breaks down like this:

Marksman 210 - 152.74

SharpShooter 152.73 - 120.01

Expert 120 - 98.83

Master 98.82 or less

My first time I didn't make it and ran as novice for the season, no big deal I was a new gun owner and thats just where I was.

Guest clutepc

Now I'm curious where my procedurals were, need to ask about that next time, otherwise I'll probably keep doing it. :pleased:

Nice shooting, I figured it was good being Rabbi mentioned it but I really wasn't exptecting that.. nice!

Guest DrBoomBoom

Well, I got a "double-ding" when I put two shots into two targets that were supposed to get three...duh. It got me a 3 point procedural plus got me 10 points for two misses (and the other shots on those targets were zeroes....double duh). Add that to my jam which took at least ten seconds and they slammed me. Still, my overall accuracy was better, even shooting on the move. Another four or five competitions and I'll start working on speed.

Greg, excellent shooting, and thanks for the tips.

Guest gsbell
Greg, excellent shooting, and thanks for the tips.

Thanks and no problem!

I enjoy sharing knowledge that is how I got to this point, others helping me along the way. And I still have a long ways to go! All my old clubs up in Michigan I'd be behind about 10 others shooters at a match. Lots of experienced good shooters out there that make me look slooooow.

Guest wheelgunner100

On the VPC score sheet the time column is your raw time, the points down column is the amount of time added for shots outside the "0" zones which includes misses, the procedural column is for hits on a no-threat, failure to neutralize and procedural penalties (dropping a loaded magazine, not shooting on the move when required, etc.) Ask me at the next match and I'll try to answer any questions about scoring.

Guest recoveryman1

got mine last night boy do i need some practice and those no shoots will get you every time :) at least it hit the bg in the head after it went through the no shoot oh well it was a ball and im jionin IDPA this week so ill be there next time

thanks guys

Guest wheelgunner100
Now I'm curious where my procedurals were, need to ask about that next time, otherwise I'll probably keep doing it. :D

Nice shooting, I figured it was good being Rabbi mentioned it but I really wasn't exptecting that.. nice!

If the penalty was 5 seconds it was probably a hit on a no-shoot target. If it was 3 seconds you did something wrong like drop a loaded magazine or shot the targets in the wrong order (my personal favorite) and if it was 8 seconds you got both.