idpa this weekend

Guest recoveryman1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought so as well. I was over in the other pit when that occurred, but even with ears on I heard it well enough. Did not find out who/what until later.

The jungle yell was pretty entertaining

Absolutely! You know, not all bg's are 6'2"! Gotta prepare for all possible scenarios. :up:

Also gotta agree with Danny on stopping at that gas station. With basically a platoon of bgs, wait for the next one or grab the AR.

If that bg was 4'11" he'd been a dead man :D

No more than usual, if I remember correctly. It would make sense however, since it seems when I try to be fast, proper grip seems to be the first to go out the window. Very educational. Very.

I'm going to the TFA meeting tonight down by LP field. If I get out of work soon enough, I'm going to try to stop by your place before closing time to say hi and chat J-frames. I'm thinking I need/want/desire another one.

Len, did you find you were shooting to the left a lot?
Guest wheelgunner100
Absolutely! You know, not all bg's are 6'2"! Gotta prepare for all possible scenarios. :up:

Also gotta agree with Danny on stopping at that gas station. With basically a platoon of bgs, wait for the next one or grab the AR.

The stages are a bit unrealistic I must admit but you have to balance reallity with round count. Not many people want to drive 60 miles and then shoot four stages of 3-5 rounds each. I usually try to divide the stage up in my mind into two or three different scenerios. That way you can shoot three stages with just one start of the timer. Works for me, anyway.

Glad you guys have enjoyed the matches. Whenever you are ready to design and set up a stage let me know. The more folks involved the better.

Wheelgunner:

I'm just kidding around about the stages, and I'm sure Danny was too. To me, that stage was the most fun and most challenging. As an Instructor of NRA's "Refuse to be a Victim" program, I just hope my students make wise choices about what gas station to visit late at night!! :D

Having a great time with you guys at Volunteer Pistol Club! Thanks for having us! See you again soon -when the sun comes out!

I can't speak for the rest, but I have definitely drank some IDPA :up:!

The stages are a bit unrealistic I must admit but you have to balance reallity with round count. Not many people want to drive 60 miles and then shoot four stages of 3-5 rounds each. I usually try to divide the stage up in my mind into two or three different scenerios. That way you can shoot three stages with just one start of the timer. Works for me, anyway.

Glad you guys have enjoyed the matches. Whenever you are ready to design and set up a stage let me know. The more folks involved the better.

No more than usual, if I remember correctly. It would make sense however, since it seems when I try to be fast, proper grip seems to be the first to go out the window. Very educational. Very.

I'm going to the TFA meeting tonight down by LP field. If I get out of work soon enough, I'm going to try to stop by your place before closing time to say hi and chat J-frames. I'm thinking I need/want/desire another one.

I have a pretty good selection at the moment.

If you became campus advisor to the Young Republicans this might clear up your shooting to the left problem. I think it's an ideological thing. You mention not having a grip. I think that applies to a lot of Democrats. More exposure to conservative principles will tend to balance out your views and aim more for the center.

I was just poking fun at the devious planning involved in the some of the stages...not complaining about them at ALL. The steel popper that launched the mover in and out of cover...devious :-) but in a good way. I think I couldn't setup a course of fire that well thought out.

Like wheelgunner said right after one of his COFs...when the president of the club gets a procedural we can't gripe too bad :-)

While shooting for the center of mass is a good thing, it may not be so with political ideology. As Jim Hightower said it, "there aint nothing in the middle of the road except yellow paint and dead armadillos."

Hard to question a philosophy so eloquently put. :up:

I'll try to see you Tuesday afternoon.

I have a pretty good selection at the moment.

If you became campus advisor to the Young Republicans this might clear up your shooting to the left problem. I think it's an ideological thing. You mention not having a grip. I think that applies to a lot of Democrats. More exposure to conservative principles will tend to balance out your views and aim more for the center.

Guest wheelgunner100

I didn't take any previous comments as criticisms of the match Sunday. Just commenting on something that often is mentioned as a mild sort of jab at IDPA in general, i.e. "it's not real life". I for one am glad it's not real life. Real life is real people with real guns trying real hard to kill you. Not my idea of fun. IDPA, on the other hand, is fun. And if you can practice some real world shooting skills at the same time what's not to like?

As for devious stages, just wait 'till we set up some "blind" stages! You are gonna' LOVE them!:up:

Guest clutepc
I didn't take any previous comments as criticisms of the match Sunday. Just commenting on something that often is mentioned as a mild sort of jab at IDPA in general, i.e. "it's not real life". I for one am glad it's not real life. Real life is real people with real guns trying real hard to kill you. Not my idea of fun. IDPA, on the other hand, is fun. And if you can practice some real world shooting skills at the same time what's not to like?

As for devious stages, just wait 'till we set up some "blind" stages! You are gonna' LOVE them!;)

I think we need someone with a paint ball gun returning fire at the shooters..:D

Had a blast sunday wheelgunner!!! , might as well get use to seeing me..

Here is the video I put together from Sunday. Wheelgunner if there ever is anything you don't like about any these let me know and I'll fix it.

I've always been a big camera nut plus I think it helps people to see things they do from a different perspective.

Sorry for all the camera shake but It was cold..lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKmIbYur-O8[/ame]

Edited by clutepc
Guest wheelgunner100

I think the video is great! It lets people get an idea about what is going on and is a great learning tool as well. It's hard to watch yourself shoot a stage.

Guest wheelgunner100
Results came in today.

I got owned... was second in my class first go and this time second to last.

A couple of the guys ahead of you were sharpshooter class shooters who have been doing this for 5-6 years. You didn't do bad at all. You should have seen me my first couple of shoots.

I do think that we need to make Greg Bell shoot all stages weak-hand only from now on!B)

3rd in class...(I think) 10th overall. I can't complain the way I was missing targets left and right. ...geez I have GOT to learn to S L O W D O W N and watch the $#$*&^#@ front sight instead of trying to see where I'm hitting

Can we tape up Greg Bell's dominant eye as well as make him shoot weak hand

maybe just smudge up his glasses really bad.

Guest gsbell

I do think that we need to make Greg Bell shoot all stages weak-hand only from now on!B)

I did spend about half of last season shooting strong hand only due to a shoulder problem, does that count? B)

Guest gsbell

Nice job everyone!

For most of us IDPA skills are tough to come by and require a fair amount of practice to keep up.

1. Get confident with the basics, like rules and gun handling

2. Learn better grip, stance, trigger control, reloading

3. Learn how to analyze a stage, develop a plan, visualize it, and execute that plan

4. Lastly ask questions!

There aren't many shooters who aren't willing to help and share knowledge. Just don't do it if the guy is in his zone. When I'm the on-deck shooter I'm playing my plan in my head and kind of zoned out.B)

3rd in class...(I think) 10th overall. I can't complain the way I was missing targets left and right. ...geez I have GOT to learn to S L O W D O W N and watch the $#$*&^#@ front sight instead of trying to see where I'm hitting

Can we tape up Greg Bell's dominant eye as well as make him shoot weak hand

maybe just smudge up his glasses really bad.

I threatened to execute Greg Bell last time unless he dropped more points.

Dont anyone feel bad. I lost to a 73 year old man in both time and points down.