idpa this weekend

Guest recoveryman1

Guest clutepc
Wheelgunner:

Will they have the stage where you have to leap through the burning rings and nail the two swingers before hitting the ground? Again?

You forget to mention shooting this with the weak side ..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forget to mention shooting this with the weak side ..

Actually all shots are weak hand only with strong hand tied behind the back. That includes for reloads as well.

I mean, we try to mimic real life and you just never know when you'll need that skill....

Guest wheelgunner100
Wheelgunner:

Will they have the stage where you have to leap through the burning rings and nail the two swingers before hitting the ground? Again?

I like that stage! Since I usually shoot it in 10 seconds flat I thought we'd do it again. Also thought we'd do the one where you do the handstands and shoot weak-hand only behind your back at the moving targets with the hard cover.

I like that stage! Since I usually shoot it in 10 seconds flat I thought we'd do it again. Also thought we'd do the one where you do the handstands and shoot weak-hand only behind your back at the moving targets with the hard cover.

OK. BUt remember last time all the members complained it was too easy because they all scored zero down.

Maybe if the shooters had to run the stage while under fire, that would liven things up a bit. You know, someone running a 50 cal over our heads. Or maybe you can rig the bg targets to shoot back...

OK. BUt remember last time all the members complained it was too easy because they all scored zero down.
Guest utarch00

I do not think I am going to make it this go around. Allergies kicked up and I have a hard time breathing just standing around, if I am outside to long. I do not think that running around will be very fun. Hopefully next though.

Guest clutepc
Maybe if the shooters had to run the stage while under fire, that would liven things up a bit. You know, someone running a 50 cal over our heads. Or maybe you can rig the bg targets to shoot back...

I thought this same thing.. Paintball guns work great for that, put someone on the hill in front, that'll teach you to use cover.. :D

Guest clutepc
Looks like the weather is going to be rather sucky...hopefully we can still get the match in. Unless it drowning frogs I'm going to make the drive

I was just looking at the same thing..nothing like trying to hit a target while being watched, timed, in the rain, cold and wind... no pressure.. :mad:

Guest Phantom6

That's that new Bosnian Airport scenario. Personally I think it's too "Clinton-esque".

Guest clutepc

Had a great time as well, I'll post a some video later..

Another great day of learning, need to spend a little more time with head shots and don't try a head shot if you don't need to...

Zeros for every target on that stage then 5 points for a miss on a head shot.... :doh:

Also shooting a no shoot target isn't a good thing...:D

Edited by clutepc

Fun times. Interesting stages, esp. 1-3. I need to practice. Its kind of humbling, but great fun. And an excellent way to reinforce safety rules and basic skills. Am not looking forward to getting my little envelope in the mail this week...:D

Guest clutepc
Fun times. Interesting stages, esp. 1-3. I need to practice. Its kind of humbling, but great fun. And an excellent way to reinforce safety rules and basic skills. Am not looking forward to getting my little envelope in the mail this week...:D

Your not the only one, a lot of mistakes on my end of the gun, the other end worked fine.

You can actually tell a difference on this video as compared to the one from the 5th.

I think everyone handled the stages better, your stage 2 one handed shooting actually looks like you had done that before.. :doh:

gsbell -- I'm sure we talked I'm just not sure which one you were..

Guest DrBoomBoom

I had a real good time as well. Good seeing you fellas again. Don't feel bad, Len, I had miss as well as a couple of procedural's and a jam. Dang, just when my overall accuracy was better. Oh well, I can't think of a better way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Guest clutepc
I had a real good time as well. Good seeing you fellas again. Don't feel bad, Len, I had miss as well as a couple of procedural's and a jam. Dang, just when my overall accuracy was better. Oh well, I can't think of a better way to spend a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Honestly I can't think of a better way to spend any afternoon....