idpa this weekend

Guest recoveryman1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest clutepc
Speaking of slides, have you ever seen so many folks with bleeding fingers? I counted three guys with 'em. Any more?

Ok I'm going to give myself some bad luck, No blood or jams on either of the matches I've shot.

Next time now I'll need stitches and will jam on each stage..

Guest gsbell
Oh great... LOL

judging from Rabbi's comments.. nice shooting.. :D

Thanks I was pleased, I dry fired for 5 minutes in the garage before I left for the match. That was the first time I'd pulled the trigger since January.

Guest clutepc
Thanks I was pleased, I dry fired for 5 minutes in the garage before I left for the match. That was the first time I'd pulled the trigger since January.

January!! now I feel better..lol

Guest gsbell
January!! now I feel better..lol

It takes awhile to learn to shoot well in action pistol events and the skill is perishable it slides pretty quick. I usually like to compete 2-3 times a month to keep the skills up.

It takes awhile to learn to shoot well in action pistol events and the skill is perishable it slides pretty quick. I usually like to compete 2-3 times a month to keep the skills up.

It showed. You were definitely getting them. As I said, if you had not dropped that one point in Stage 2 I would have been forced to execute you.

Guest gsbell
It showed. You were definitely getting them. As I said, if you had not dropped that one point in Stage 2 I would have been forced to execute you.

Yea but I dropped points on stage two even on one of the close targets at the pump. Looking over the top of the gun at the targets will do that :D

Yea but I dropped points on stage two even on one of the close targets at the pump. Looking over the top of the gun at the targets will do that :D
i did the same thing. thought it was so close no need to aim. i wasnt far off but still wasnt dead on either.
Guest clutepc
describe the stage we had to do one handed.... lol i hope i didnt miss something.

Just kidding with Len about not dropping the gas pump and shooting 1 handed at the first 3 targets on stage 2.

Guest Jason F.

Wish I had been able to make it. I did not get my visiting family member on the road and out of the house until about 1pm. I also had to put plugs and a coil in the car so I can get to work in the morning, such is life.

I was talking with Danny about this stage on the way home. I didn't plan to shoot one-handed, but it seemed the way to go with those targets being so close. After the stage was over I was thinking to myself about it -- "what did I just do?"

Count me as one of bleeding thumb club. Also got a procedural for shooting one string backwards. (Hey, you cut your pie your way, I'll cut mine my way!":D) Oh, and for some reason, I put two in one guy's neck instead of his head. But, as Danny said, he wont be calling out for help anytime soon.

Actually, I was low much of the day. Need to get on that.

However, it was great fun with a good bunch of guys. I've also gotta go by Rabbi's store someday soon so he can show me that "semi-auto revolver" -man he was fast with that thing. Hey Rabbi, you got a 2lb trigger on that thing or what?

Just kidding with Len about not dropping the gas pump and shooting 1 handed at the first 3 targets on stage 2.

Thanks Len.

I think its a 2-lb finger instead. If I had actually hit the targets I probably would have done better. What are those bumpy things on the barrel for?

I shot the first part of Stage 2 one handed. I am a firm believer in the one handed sightless shooting method. A little practice and you will develop confidence in it.

My favorite part was rushing the last target on State 3. I just love charging and shooting. Bad tactics but loads of fun.

I'm dreading my envelope this week as well. I tried to go too fast...and the misses showed it. I only had one procedural that I know of. I'm still not 100% sure what nicked my finger. I'm guessing it was the 1st reload on the 1st stage. At least is wasn't my trigger finger.

Cold windy damp...but WAY too much fun. I'm just glad I was finished shooting stage 4 when the Rabbi went into his jungle man scream. Today was my 1st outing with my electronic ear muffs...lets' just way they were tuned into Rabbi VERY well all the way across the berm.

Guest clutepc
Oh, and for some reason, I put two in one guy's neck instead of his head. But, as Danny said, he wont be calling out for help anytime soon.

My two neck shots on that stage were right under yours on the same target,

If that bg was 4'11" he'd been a dead man :)

Guest clutepc
You guys should really be worried about your results sheets this time. After all I was not there to come in below you.

Don't get the wrong impression.. I am!

I was just happier with some of my shot placement this time.

I have to say...if I were to stop at a gas station crawling like that one was with BGs...I would have either left or gone in for the AR15 :-)

Rabbi..were those stages the norm for a standard match?

Devious minds they have setting up stages :-)

Was WASN'T happy with my misses. The gun ran fine..seeing that I only had about 150 rounds in her by that point. The only problems I ran into were self induced. I have got to remember NOT to watch Guns and Ammo TV before going to a match. They had Rob Leathem and (I think) Todd Garrett on there showing off....damn those guys make it look way too easy