U.S. to allow import of Korean M1 rifles

LagerHead

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fingers crossed on this one. What exactly do you think they mean with this quote?

“The historic firearms are expected to be sold to American Korean War veterans and their families in time for the 62nd anniversary of the Korean War, which falls on June 25 this year.”

I guess that's coming from the Korean side of the house, but I'm wondering if that is part of the deal. I would be nice to get dibs on one of these... I'll have to give Grandpa a call when this happens.

Be nice to get some deals again. I've seen a few good projects I'd like to try but couldn't afford the donor rifle. Now maybe I can try the 7,62 tokarev conversion on an M1 carbine I saw a few years ago. I was toying with the idea of building a .308 garand too, as much as I fear the garand after the last one I had. Having one in 308 is so very tempting though.

Guest FroggyOne2

Just thinking about it, I should have gotten one of the ones that came back from Italy, those were near perfect in the metal, hardly had been shot, carried around a lot though, the stocks were in poor shape, but the metal and bores were like as if they were new.

You know, that if they come it, all of them will be going to the CMP and then sold from there.

Unless they are returned directly to the US Army they will not be going to the CMP but through regular import channels like any other milsurp. My understanding is they are Korean property being sold, not "returned".

The talk on the CMP forums is, yes will probably come back through CMP and many will be rough or just parts rifles.

For every post over on the CMP forum there is one saying they are not going through the CMP. The Koreans are trying to sell the rifles not give them back. Now the actual ownership of these rifles can be debated for years, as it already has been.

If the rifles are US property they will go to the Army, then the CMP. If the Koreans actually get to sell them they will go on the open market.

“The historic firearms are expected to be sold to American Korean War veterans and their families in time for the 62nd anniversary of the Korean War, which falls on June 25 this year.”

I hope this is correct because I want one.