"Knockout King" "game" kids are playing

I'm not saying you shouldn't shoot one of 'em (kids) if you feel your life is in danger, but! you sure as **** better be the first one to call 911!

I've always wondered what would happen if I were to be involved in a shooting in Nashville: The perp is down and instead of calling 911 I call 862-8600? They say for NON life threatening emergencies call 862-8600. Well, if he's out of the fight, it's not life threatening. :D

Some lawyer would try to make you look like a cold blooded killer for doing it I bet, but wouldn't you be right to do so?

Guest drv2fst

OK, I have a "attacked by a mob" story involving my Grandfather. He was in some type of recon role for Patton in WWII. I don't know his official classification because he would never talk about it. However, several people that served with him all told stories about him from the war.

He was on his second date with a young lady at a local dance/gathering. She had just broke off a relationship with the local bada$$. My grandfather JW went to get his date a beverage. Her X started hitting on her asking her to leave with him. She refused saying she was here with JW. A fellow that served with JW in WWII "David", advised Mr. X to leave her alone. He boasted that he was not afraid of JW and he would talk to anybody he wanted, and if JW didn't like it Mr. X had all his brothers and cousins here and JW would be in big trouble. As a crowd of his kin gathered to show support, David replied:

"All your brothers and cousins won't help you one bit. JW will gut you with your own knife so fast you won't even know what happened until you see your intestines on the ground. Your brothers and cousins will be puking all over themselves, trying to get away. I've seen him do it, and it's not a pretty sight."

Mr. X left the lady alone and his crowd of kin dispersed. JW never even new about the incident until he returned with the drinks. They all had a good laugh. My grandmother told me about this after JW died. It was a very interesting second date.

Edited by drv2fst
I've always wondered what would happen if I were to be involved in a shooting in Nashville: The perp is down and instead of calling 911 I call 862-8600? They say for NON life threatening emergencies call 862-8600. Well, if he's out of the fight, it's not life threatening. :D

Some lawyer would try to make you look like a cold blooded killer for doing it I bet, but wouldn't you be right to do so?

IMO

I'm thinking that "shots fired" goes to the top of the police response list, just short of "help an officer." I'd call 911.

Even if he looks dead, he's not officially dead 'till the coroner or a doctor says so.

If you don't call 911 (and aren't doing CPR (??) when they get there), it could go pretty bad for you.

I'm also thinking you answered yourself in your question.

Guest bkelm18

If you don't call 911 (and aren't doing CPR (??) when they get there), it could go pretty bad for you.

I'm not doing any such thing if I have to shoot someone. I'm not a doctor/nurse/EMT. I'm going to call 911 and sit there, or at least re-locate to a safe area and notify the police that I'm doing so until they arrive. Not to mention the risk of blood borne pathogens, etc. I'll leave that to the professionals.

I've always wondered what would happen if I were to be involved in a shooting in Nashville: The perp is down and instead of calling 911 I call 862-8600? They say for NON life threatening emergencies call 862-8600. Well, if he's out of the fight, it's not life threatening. :)

I get what you are saying, but unless you are a doctor and have pronounced him, it is life threatening to him.

I'm not doing any such thing if I have to shoot someone. I'm not a doctor/nurse/EMT. I'm going to call 911 and sit there, or at least re-locate to a safe area and notify the police that I'm doing so until they arrive. Not to mention the risk of blood borne pathogens, etc. I'll leave that to the professionals.

Right, I ain't touching the sucker.

Guest NYCrulesU

Well, since so many have convinced me to "shoot to stop" the threat and not "shoot to kill" someone who is trying to physically harm me and could possible kill me by beating me to death, the attacker will probably be just "wounded" so he can walk himself to the nearest hospital.

Problem solved. And I'm now not a murderer. Ta-da! :)

Guest President Fernatt
Well, since so many have convinced me to "shoot to stop" the threat and not "shoot to kill" someone who is trying to physically harm me and could possible kill me by beating me to death, the attacker will probably be just "wounded" so he can walk himself to the nearest hospital.

Problem solved. And I'm now not a murderer. Ta-da! :)

If you carry 30 extra rounds like you said earlier...I'm guessin' you plan on murdering at least one of them :P

Problem solved. And I'm now not a murderer. Ta-da! :tinfoil:

As soon as I am good enough to do that I am with you! Till then it's shoot till the clip runs dry or they all fall down :)

Guest lostpass

I think back in the olden days they called this "going wilding" or some such. I'm not sure it is particularly new. I bet packs of wild roaming boys goes back as long as history allows (pretty sure England and Rome both have traditions of this).

Doesn't matter, this is one of those things that is apparently random and one of the reasons that you should carry. Teenage boys are full of hormones and bad thinking and, maybe, proper parenting can contain this, but there's no background check to have a kids. A lot of parents are happy that the kids aren't bothering them.