Gun control ad to air during Super Bowl

FJCrusing

CBS/AP)

NEW YORK - The mayors of New York and Boston are rooting for opposing teams in the Super Bowl. But they're on the same side when it comes to pushing for stricter gun-control laws.

That's why New York City's Michael Bloomberg and Boston's Thomas Menino have filmed a gun-control commercial that will air during Sunday's big game between the New York Giants and the New England Patriots.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-400_162-...un-control-ad/

When will they give up on this lost cause???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, I wont, well I will most of the day, but not during the game, will be enjoying some adult beverages. XD will be retired for the night, but not too far away...

Guest President Fernatt
Nope, I wont, well I will most of the day, but not during the game, will be enjoying some adult beverages. XD will be retired for the night, but not too far away...

I don't drink but you bring up a very valid point!

Guest RobThatsMe

I heard the other night that a 30 second spot during the SuperBowl costs up to 3.5 million dollars.

Wonder who is paying for this commercial?

Sure would be great if the NRA puts in a rebuttal commercial and airs it Nation-wide!

Rob

Guest President Fernatt

What's bad is that to watch the SuperBowl commercials online...you usually have to watch more commercials just to get the actual commercial! Terrible

An awesome follow up to from the Boston Herald.

Mayors wide of mark - BostonHerald.com

Love the comments! They don't seem to appreciate Mumbles'. . . I mean Menino's speaking style. :)

Here's the ad:

In it, they say they support the Second Amendment. I feel so much better now. :D

In a telephone interview with The New York Times, Menino said the commercial was partly aimed at lawmakers in Washington. "It's a fun way to get a very serious message across to the decision makers," he said, adding, "If you want to hunt or you need a gun for protection of your business, O.K., but there's too many loopholes."

Wow, I guess protection of yourself and/or family is not OK.

Saw the ad on Meet The Press this morning. It starts with something to the effect of asking when enough will be enough of criminals having illegal guns. Bloomberg fails to later explain how additional laws will help in the enforcement of an already illegal activity. He even invites you to a website, that is something like mayorsagainstillegalguns.com. He's a flaming moron.