Found my new love

Guest 1911Girl

Guest 1911Girl

Bought this yesterday, did a few changes, new screws and grips (until I find rubber ones for it) I absolutely love it, and my husband then went out and bought himself a 1911 but a Springfield GI. (Mine is still better) Can't wait to carry it!

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad at all,I realy like the OD Green frame,have you shot it yet? just remember to break it in(at least 300-500rnds.) and make sure it functions right,and get some good mags.Wilson Combat,Chip McCormic power mags..ect.

Nice 1911. You should do a side by side comparison of your next trip to the range, both of you shooting each others guns. I've always wondered how much better gun you get for every extra dollar spent. Thanks for posting, Kevin

Guest 1911Girl

I am looking for the rubber grips and going to paint them a OD color maybe, I love it the only issue we had was that extractor problem mentioned on the fourm, his 1911, I hate the trigger, hate the "thinness" I love my 1911. Here is a his and her photo.

His-Top

Mine (Hers)- THE BETTER ONE on bottom

photo3-2.jpg

Guest 1911Girl
Well done. All you need now are extra magazines, ammunition, appropriate safety gear and range time.

I have some Pink Peltors and 100 rounds of .45, then two mags (16 rds) of Hallo point .45, and my Oakleys :D

she is also my carry

Guest 1911Girl
Nice 1911. You should do a side by side comparison of your next trip to the range, both of you shooting each others guns. I've always wondered how much better gun you get for every extra dollar spent. Thanks for posting, Kevin

I bought it used he got his bran new for about 800, his didn't have a issue with the extractor, but my trigger is much easier I feel like on his I had to push my finger into the frame to shoot it and it was much more difficult (you can see trigger difference in photo above)

We both had good groupings, his 1911 (the top) does not have safety on both sides, the Kimber does. The Springfield does not have a beaver tail like my Kimber Warrior, and no night sights my Kimber does.

I took the grips off the Kimber because the tan was ugly. he took the slide off of his and put a ithaca gun co. one from like war world 1 he thinks it looks "bad ass". Mine weight maybe a little but more.

Internally his slide is to small for my kimber, so everything in that area will not work. Just diffrence between KIMBER and Springfield.

ALL IN ALL

He choose what he liked and was comfortable with and I choose the one I liked the most.