FOBUS PADDLE HOLSTER

Guest REDDOG79

Guest REDDOG79

I just recieved my HCP and i picked up a Fobus Paddle Holster for my Kimber Pro Carry II. Does anyone have any experience with these holsters? I have only used it for a few hours on Sunday as I can not carry at work and technically can't leave it in my car in the parking lot while in work. I have found it to be comfortacle at the 4 o'clock position it was pretty comfortable while driving for three hours sunday. I wore an over shirt while carrying Sunday as that is my usual style of dress anyway. I am thinking about getting an IWB holster but as i am large and got a gut I am not sure how well it would be to draw from. Thanks for your help

Kirby

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of the fobus holsters, they are OK, but nothing great IMO. You might want to give an IWB a try, but if I were you I would try and get one as cheap as possible to try it out before you spend more on one that you may or may not like...

You might get one of these to try it out:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/KEY146-46729-2141.html

I bought one of them and I liked it OK so then I stepped up and got the MTAC, minotaur, I don't think that I personally will use any one holster exclusively all the time, you need different ones for different times IMO.

I use a Fobus Roto for my XD service and love it.No,its not the best but because of its rotation,its comfortable for me being I'm sitting down all day and I like a forward cant.Which means if you put my holster on while standing,the gun would be upside down.

The main problem is the paddle is a little un-comfortable,but I think some leather on there would be nice,I just keep forgetting to get some while I'm out.

I actually have a couple of extra belt attachments laying around if you would like one.(only fits the Roto)

Edited by strickj
Guest atomemphis

I have my Kimber CDP II in a fobus.

I'm going to a nicer leather IWB soon.

Only issue I found is that the muzzle can impact things OWB when sitting in chairs with firm arms.

That, and it being further out than IWB, my ambi safety quit on me. (Which is OK, I didn't like having an Ambisafety).

I saw one of these ripped off a guys hip during a weapon retention drill in a training class, torn in half at the studs that hold it together. Did not appear to be the best made holster, I stick with Blade-Tech and Comp-Tac. They also have adjustable retention.

Guest harbinger

I have one that I use solely for the range. The paddle style doesn't conceal well for me regardless of brand. It's not a bad holster while you figure out something else, in my opinion.

In speaking with a much wiser individual they put it to me this way, "You don't have to buy top end leather, but why you would purchase a $500+ gun and put it in a $20 holster is beyond me."

I use a Kramer #3 horsehide that I bought used for $55. Exceptionally comfy and conceals better on me than anything else I've tried (including the VMII).

I bought one to try in Jan. 2004, and I have carried my Glock Model 30 in it every day since. I have heard all the horror stories, so I guess I "lucked" up and got a decent one. I have hung the grip on my wife's little ass Grand Am while I was trying to get my big ass in the pasenger side, numerous times, and each time I think, "well I finally broke my cheap holster." But nope, Mine hs taken a lickin and keeps on tickin.

My only complaint is (and it guess this comes with all Kydex Holsters) if you don't keep the inside of the holster clean, it will do a number on your slide's finish. Mine has wear on the end towards the muzzle.

I would love to find a nice leather paddle holster that doesn't cost as much as a Jennings .25.:)

Guest AeroEngrSoftDevMBA

I just got one of these the other day. I can already tell it's not going to work for me. I'm not a particularly large individual, I've got a typical swimmer's body. While it feels fine and I seem to be able to draw from it okay, there is no way for me to wear it without the imprint of the gun visible from the outside of my untucked shirt.