Which Glock and why?

gjohnsoniv

• 1 month later...

After putting my hands on a G26 Gen 3 yesterday, I'm oddly in the hunt for a G19 or 23, currently own a full size M&P40. I would have taken that Gen 3 26 if he wasn't steep on the price ($580 out the door was his offer, $20 shy of buying). Never been a Glock person, but handling one yesterday and seeing all the aftermarket parts is making it easier. Like most people say LEO carry them. Problem is finding them in for a decent price.

Guest Victor9er

Pretty much aagree with walton6467 on the G19. Size and weight are crucial factors for me.The 23 would be next, followed by a 24.

I agree. The G19 is a great "all around" gun... provided your hands fit well on it. (for me it's a perfect fit!) While I also own a G22, the G23 would probably be my next choice if I could "only have one." It's the exact same size as the G19, but chambered for .40 S&W. The real advantage though is with a simple barrel conversion you can swap out the barrel and shoot 9mm through it also. That could be handy in a world filled with zombies, the ability to shoot two of the most popular calibers in the US from the same gun.

I have to be the "devil's advacate" here. I have yet to find a Glock that I like. The G/W's that I work with aren't real fond of their issued Glocks either. Just my opinion is all. I will never own a Glock/Brick.

• Like 1
Guest Kamikaze

After a month or so of owning my 29sf I am glad to say that it is everything I hoped it would be and more. After much trial and error I have squeezed every ounce of power I can safely get out of it. I am running 165g speeder gold dots bullets with 11 grains of Power pistol. They are averaging 1475 fps out of the stock barrel. Thats 800 ft/lbs of muzzle energy! Recoil is not to bad but the sound is deafening. I was going to get a new deer rifle this year but I think I am going to trick out a 20sf with a longer compensated barrel and a scope instead. Most of the deer I take are under 100 yards anyway. 10mm is defiantly the way to go if you reload.

Perfect Glock with no mods to the plastic (1st or 2nd Gen only - those finger grooves gotta go in 3/4 Gens) is IMHO:

1) Fulcrum trigger http://www.glockworx.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=156111&CAT=3688

or 1a) less expensive Phantom trigger: http://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/RYGTriggers.htm

2) 3.5lb connector

3) 6lb trigger spring (stock is 5lb)

4) A-Grip grip tape

5) (OK, I can't go without one small grip mod - where the trigger guard and grip meet one should radius the edge of the trigger guard as this makes for easier all afternoon shooting without getting a "Glock Knuckle" on the main knuckle joint of the "Pentagon Salute" finger.)

my favorite glock is the 35. i like the 34/35 size for its balance but the 35 gets the edge for use with conversion barrels. also for IDPA, .40 can be downloaded to the minimum power factor and have much less recoil than a 9mm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glock 19 or Glock 23 depending on your preference for 9mm or .40SW

The 26 / 27 give up a lot in terms of ergonomics and capacity for hardly any gain in concealability. The 17/22 give up a lot in terms of concealability for hardly any gain in ergonomics or capacity. Just my practical take on the matter.

I ditto what TGO David said. I love my 19. It's the perfect size for me whether I'm carrying or at the range.

• Like 1