Anyone ever trained at Front Sight?

Guest killemducks

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Front Site seems too smarmy slick marketing hype to me- in it for the money first.

Come to Memphis and take some classes at RangeUSA or Rangemaster- more for your money, more reputable, cheaper, little to no travel expense---etc.

And there's a lot of training in Camden, but some folks on this list don't like the reputation of the owner of that place... but the training, I hear, is decent, even if the owner, Jaegermeister or something like that, is held in low regard.

Guest gsbell

I know people that have been out there. If you go get a cheap "cert" do not pay full price. It is decent training to get you squared away, However there is better training right here in TN. Tom Givens of Rangemaster offers some top notch training, I've trained with them twice on the road before I moved here.

Front Site seems too smarmy slick marketing hype to me- in it for the money first.

Come to Memphis and take some classes at RangeUSA or Rangemaster- more for your money, more reputable, cheaper, little to no travel expense---etc.

And there's a lot of training in Camden, but some folks on this list don't like the reputation of the owner of that place... but the training, I hear, is decent, even if the owner, Jaegermeister or something like that, is held in low regard.

:wave::confused:

Ground-Level-Jagermeister.jpg

:stir::confused:

Jaegermeister = Yeager. It was a bilingual joke about Yeager. I lived in Germany 8 or 9 years, so I do that sort of bilingual joke thing.

We aren't supposed to say the 'Y' name on this board because too many people will get upset and have to vent their angry feelings through the pixels on their screens. I respect their opinions about 'Y'; I did not want to arouse sleeping dogs.

And, I really am a little too fond of Jaegermeister.

Guest killemducks

Well, that is kind of the impression I get with Frontsight also. Glad to know you guys think we have top noch training here in TN too. I'm not there yet, but will take some training sometime. Gotta save some money.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest EasilyObsessed
www.fronsight.com/free-gun.asp Anyone got an opinion about this offer. I heard something about this guy maybe being a little shady, does anybody know why? If the training is good this would appear to be a great deal.

Link doesnt work. It appears to be missing the "t" in frontsight.

Edit: Also, its not free. It costs $1200. I cant believe I just wasted my time reading any portion of that page, it looks like a web version of a 3am infomercial.

Edited by EasilyObsessed

Sorry I don't type so good, any opinions would be welcome about the offer. Yes the cost is $1200.00, but the package includes an XD and a bunch of other goodies. I'm not planning to take the course myself, but a friend who might wanted me to look into it for him. I'm saving up some money to spend with Dodd and Associates, and maybe Saurez as well. I know Dodd, and Cruel Hand Luke also.

Guest db99wj
Link doesnt work. It appears to be missing the "t" in frontsight.

Edit: Also, its not free. It costs $1200. I cant believe I just wasted my time reading any portion of that page, it looks like a web version of a 3am infomercial.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!!

Does ;) come with that offer too?

Guest c.a.s.

Well, if you'll PM me, I can get you squared away to test a Front Sight course, even though you have to pay your own travel and hotel expenses.

Jagermeister (pronounced: gagamonster) does not sit well with popcorn. I'm starting to get the idea no one wants this "tactical" instruction.:shrug:

Ya know that stuff comes out looking the same way as going in,and still taste like liquorice :yum::confused::koolaid:

They also have/had a wrongful death suit over a fatality on a ropes course.

Yeah, that one is disturbing... because somebody died.

It's simply proof that human error exists, and accidents do happen. That's why we all have insurance.

However, and I'm not defending Front Sight or Piazza's reputation, but judging somebody based solely on whether or not they've ever been sued isn't really fair or realistic. I have no doubt there's some basis for the reputation Frontsight and Piazza have, but IMO these suits are not it.

On the other hand, his influence has been well directed in several areas such as arming airline pilots and forwarding the idea of armed school employees. Yeah, the Scientology bit is a little weird, but as far as I've seen he doesn't tout himself as some badass who will turn his students into hardcore operators... he offers training at many levels.

So, ehhh... Until I'm presented with some evidence for some valid character issue, Front Sight and Ignatius Piazza will be given the benefit of the doubt. If there is such evidence which I have not seen, I'd like to see it, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions...

Guest db99wj
Yeah, that one is disturbing... because somebody died.

It's simply proof that human error exists, and accidents do happen. That's why we all have insurance.

However, and I'm not defending Front Sight or Piazza's reputation, but judging somebody based solely on whether or not they've ever been sued isn't really fair or realistic. I have no doubt there's some basis for the reputation Frontsight and Piazza have, but IMO these suits are not it.

On the other hand, his influence has been well directed in several areas such as arming airline pilots and forwarding the idea of armed school employees. Yeah, the Scientology bit is a little weird, but as far as I've seen he doesn't tout himself as some badass who will turn his students into hardcore operators... he offers training at many levels.

So, ehhh... Until I'm presented with some evidence for some valid character issue, Front Sight and Ignatius Piazza will be given the benefit of the doubt. If there is such evidence which I have not seen, I'd like to see it, but I'm not going to jump to any conclusions...

There are people that are out there that like to sue.....not saying anybody on here, but there are people like that.:ugh:;)

Can't say anything about the training, but I do have a degree in Journalism/PR with a heavy emphasis of advertising and his add is a infomercial on steroids!:P

Guest Todd@CIS
Does anyone have experience with Shootrite in AL?

The owner, Tiger McKee, has written a training book and writes for SWAT magazine. His training is heavily influenced by Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch.

I've never met him, but I can recommend his book, The Book of Two Guns.