East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, would you mind bringing up one of your pocket reloaders? I'd like to demo to Clean (his name is too long, think I'll just call him Mr Clean). You have one in 45?

If you (or anyone else) want to camp either Friday night or Saturday night you're more than welcome.

Mark I have a loader in .45acp and I will bring it.

you know, that thing is reliable and once you get the hang of it, it is not hard to make rounds. I have had no trouble whatsoever with any I have made. Near 1000 so far.

I am still bouncing around the camping idea, not to sure about how wet it is down at the range though, especially with the rain we have been getting. I know it will be fine for shooting Saturday but not sure about putting a tent down. Higher ground would be better for that.

And dang it Mark you have me thinking hard about a 1860 Army in .44

Edited by Mike.357

Well, Mike, if you want higher ground, try the hill to the left as you are looking at the house. It is a hundred, hundred fifty feet higher easy (than the house, not the range), and at the top I cleared a place for a cabin tent, there is a place for a fire, and if it hasn't rotted away by now there is still a hammock up there. Sue can point the way... It's a short hike, you can't drive to it.

That 1860 sure is pretty...:screwy:

I am going to hold off on deciding about camping until I see the weather tomorrow and when I'll get done at work.

If I get done early enough and the weather is breaking I may show up and pitch a tent. Gathering camping gear will take all of five minutes as I am always prepared with that stuff.

if no camping I will be up as early as I can Saturday morning to help with some weedeating.

Ok, for everyone planning on attending the meet this Saturday, I will be here and my telephone number is 606-273-5004. if you need directions to the house I can provide them. if you get lost I can guide you in.

the address is 150 dickerson road, church hill tn. 37642

Don't let the address fool ya, it's in kingsport.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I not gonna be able to make it tomorrow.... my 'better half' has decided to make plans without my knowledge. So by the time I arrived after work, I'd have to turn around and come back... grrr... :):)

I hope you guys have a good time... I'll be wishing I was there. I'll catch you next meeting though, scouts honor. :(

I just spoke to Cody. If any of the rest of you decide to go and want to carpool or caravan we are meeting at the Shell gas station on Washington Pike off of I-640 eastbound. Get off the exit, light at intersection is Washington Pk, Shell station is to the right.

Meeting time is 8:45 at the Shell station. as I told Mark I would try to get up there a bit early and help with some weed-eating.

If anyone needs to call me my cell number is 865-228-8451. Call before 11pm tonight or after 8 am Saturday.

Guest Boomhower

Wish I could make it out guys. This weekend is open for me, but with no gas, no ammo, and no money for either :D, I'll just take a peaceful rest at home with the loved ones.....Plus I was out of state 2 days this week, so I've got some making up to do with all of them.....You guys have fun tomorrow. :D

well, in the spirit of things, I went out today and Julie and I put the soft top on the jeep. we also put some stuff in storage and since I was having a bad day, I talked Julie into letting me go to the gun shop.

while I was at gunslingers, I found something I'd been looking for....

It's of course, for Julie, to encourage her to shoot.

DSC00281.jpg

I'm trying to tempt her to stay and shoot with us instead of going with the girls to the flea market.

she, of course, LOVES it, especially since I fitted the adjustable comb, stock and scope to her and her alone.

I will have to zero it in tomorrow, unless she decides to shoot as well...then she can do it under the watchful eye of either myself or Mark.

she's happy!

:D

Man..Rabbi, I guess you're right...Money DOES talk. Mine is saying "you didn't need me anyhow".

I think I've spent about 1600.00 in the last 2 months, just in firearms...not counting ammo. These were on deals that caught my eye..not even on the firearms I have on my "list".

Edited by towerclimber37

Great! I'll look forward to it Mike!

I saw a yellowboy in gunslingers today also..they wanted 1200 for it. I got mine for 900... YAY! :(

I think you'll like it!

Mark also got a new package in today..I'm not gonna tell you what it is, but I think you'll appreciate it!:D

I have to call Mike Crowe tomorrow also. Julie found the carry pistol she wanted, so I'm going to get it for her via Mike. I'm not going to tell her about it though...I'll just get it for her and leave it on her bed.

:D

Guest Boomhower
I'm not going to tell her about it though...I'll just get it for her and leave it on her bed.

:(

You may not tell her, but as of last I remember, she is a member here as well. :D

Mark thanks for having us on your range today! It was a truly wonderful day.

Joe, Matt and Jennifer it was very nice meeting you all and I look forward to shooting with you all again in the future.

Jennifer don't forget to post ALL the pics on that camera. :tinfoil:

To all of you who chose to not attend you missed out on a great day of shooting and friendship.

It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to the next time we can all be together.