East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

Guest Phantom6
Great! I'll look forward to it Mike!

I saw a yellowboy in gunslingers today also..they wanted 1200 for it. I got mine for 900... YAY! :D

I think you'll like it!

Mark also got a new package in today..I'm not gonna tell you what it is, but I think you'll appreciate it!:D

I have to call Mike Crowe tomorrow also. Julie found the carry pistol she wanted, so I'm going to get it for her via Mike. I'm not going to tell her about it though...I'll just get it for her and leave it on her bed.

:D

:tinfoil: Oh, OK. I won't spill the beans on your secret. :D

That's part of our Customer Service Policy. :D

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
To all of you who chose to not attend you missed out on a great day of shooting and friendship.

I wouldn't say "chose to not attend", but I did get a lot of much needed yard work done. It was a beautiful day. I'm sure you all had a blast.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

I really hate that I missed this one.... I'm definitely coming next time. :D

It was a beautiful day, I wish I could've been there with ya. I did manage to shoot a few rounds in the backyard after work before 'wife time' though.

Looking forward to the pics. :)

Hi All,

First, thanks to all for coming. Best showing we've had yet!

Congrats to Mr. Clean for winning both the grab bag (a range bag) and the cannon contest. In a sudden death showdown, he won out against James and won a late '60s' Coleman F series double mantle lantern. I must say it was a very close contest, and Mike was a contender to the end...

We had lunch delivered by two very nice ladies - thank you! We had a civil war skirmish line, with 7 cap 'n ball revolvers on the line. Luckily our side sustained no casualties and were able to evade and escape through the cover of smoke. The cannon, although small, was a crowd-pleaser. Mike was kind enough to demonstrate reloading on a budget afterward. A great time was had by all.

Others got great pictures and will no doubt post later, I just wanted to get my 2 cents in.

Guest dotsun

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone up there for hosting the event and making everyone feel welcome. I had a great time and felt like I was in my backyard. :)

I really hate that I missed this one. I still have to go out and unpack all of the gun stuff in the car.

I don't think I'm going to buy any more Sergeant's Gold flea stuff for the dogs. We never had a flea problem since moving here until last year. The Sergeant's stuff was the only one that fazed the critters.

After I got back from the vet's with the poodle and called Tower, the beagle got sick and spent most of the afternoon out in the yard throwing up. I was careful to make sure they couldn't ingest the stuff on their back, but maybe they licked it off of each other.

I think I'll just watch them and see if they have a problem this year.

Anyway, maybe I can make OR next time, if we are meeting there.

Guest c.a.s.

This is going to be VERY VERY PICTURE HEAVY. I'm still uploading video (all 16 of them), but I finished uploading the pictures.

The Trip Up, just some scenery.

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

DSC00192.jpg

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

Elliot and Julie's 10/22

DSC00196.jpg

Guest c.a.s.

The spread

DSC00201.jpg

DSC00202.jpg

Elliot with FAL

DSC00203.jpg

FOOOOOOD! lots of food!

DSC00207.jpg

Mark showing everyone how to load the cannon

DSC00211.jpg

Skwashdem's .22, featured in a later video

DSC00213.jpg

Guest CleanSeries80

First off i want to say that my wife and I had a GREAT time meeting everyone and she's super glad that she came with me! Everyone was very nice and fun to be around. we really want to do it again! Thanks to Mark and Mike as well for showing me how cheap and easy it is to get into reloading! anyway, here's some pics...i'll get the vids i have up later on tonight. oh and sorry Mike, the other pics are no longer on the camera....lol

The Cannon!!!!

CannonBallLeadCandy_resize.jpg

IMGP2570_resize.jpg

IMGP2603_resize.jpg

IMGP2620_resize.jpg

IMGP2647_resize.jpg

IMGP2657_resize.jpg

and the results...

IMGP2664_resize.jpg

IMGP2665_resize.jpg

Guest CleanSeries80

Mike relaxing

IMGP2557_resize.jpg

The "handcannon table"

IMGP2568_resize.jpg

Myself with my old S&W .38 and Mike with his Ruger .357

IMGP2572_resize.jpg

Elliot and his Hi-Power

IMGP2578_resize.jpg

Cody with the EMP 9

IMGP2580_resize.jpg

Myself and the Hi-Power

IMGP2582_resize.jpg

Mark with a K31

IMGP2611_resize.jpg

IMGP2627_resize.jpg

My wife with my .38

IMGP2628_resize.jpg

James with my enfield

IMGP2632_resize.jpg

Guest CleanSeries80
:D.....You got to shot the coveted Hi-Power?

i most certainly did! i loved it! anything designed by JMB is going to be a fine shooter

Guest Boomhower
i most certainly did! i loved it! anything designed by JMB is going to be a fine shooter

I'm just waiting on an invite to Towers house for dinner. Maybe once I'm there I can talk him into opening the safe and once he's distracted......:D

Forgot a couple of things in my ealier post.

Matt's .38 special S&W revolver was without a doubt the nicest double action revolver I have ever shot. DA shooting was as smooth as most guns are in SA, and in SA it was unbelievable. What a great revolver.

And Skwash's MP5 look alike in .22lr is a great gun. What fun to shoot. I love peep sights that one could be rotated to give you different sizes holes to peep though. What an accurate gun with a great trigger on it.

While I did not fire it, Julie's new 10-22 looked like a real accurate shooter. The heavy barrel on that was outta sight!! And the way it could be tuned in to the shooter with adjustments on the stock was something else.

And dang it Mark I gotta get a Pocket Police in .36 now, grrrr and of course it will have to be an Uberti and therefore not overly cheap. LOL

Great pics Matt, your wife is a very good picture taker! Can't wait to see video. did not know any of that was being taken. That pic of the cannon shooting is my new wallpaper!

The only downside to the day was me and Dotsun did not get pulled over so we could show off our permits and see the cops reaction to his question of are there any weapons in the truck.

Guest CleanSeries80

she says thank you Mike! i say thank you for what you said about my .38! i love that wheeler. u mean the pic of thecannon where u can see the ball? i have those pictures in MUCH higher resolutions if anyone is interested.

Forgot a couple of things in my ealier post.

Matt's .38 special S&W revolver was without a doubt the nicest double action revolver I have ever shot. DA shooting was as smooth as most guns are in SA, and in SA it was unbelievable. What a great revolver.

And Skwash's MP5 look alike in .22lr is a great gun. What fun to shoot. I love peep sights that one could be rotated to give you different sizes holes to peep though. What an accurate gun with a great trigger on it.

While I did not fire it, Julie's new 10-22 looked like a real accurate shooter. The heavy barrel on that was outta sight!! And the way it could be tuned in to the shooter with adjustments on the stock was something else.

And dang it Mark I gotta get a Pocket Police in .36 now, grrrr and of course it will have to be an Uberti and therefore not overly cheap. LOL

Great pics Matt, your wife is a very good picture taker! Can't wait to see video. did not know any of that was being taken. That pic of the cannon shooting is my new wallpaper!

The only downside to the day was me and Dotsun did not get pulled over so we could show off our permits and see the cops reaction to his question of are there any weapons in the truck.

Guest Boomhower
We both love it :woohoo: She wants one, I want one, but we both know that it's too exprnsive for our budgets combined.

A good clone actually isn't that bad......but I want Towers. :eek: