East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun, guys. I'll still be attached to the ship - still in drydock. Just all kinds of fun, let me tell you...

News - grab-bag prize will be a new range bag, about medium size. Any shooter can put their name in the hat, pick someone to draw a name. Oh, and somebody bring a hat (grin).

Edited by Mark@Sea
News
Guest CleanSeries80

i should be able to make that. i'd certainly like to anyway. where is it going to be held? any times picked out yet either?

Clean, we have been meeting and shooting in Kingsport at Mark@Sea's place along the Hoslten River.

If Towerclimber can commit to be there we will be on for the third Saturday of the month. Generally we meet 11 ish and shoot til the ammo runs out.

Follow the thread as the date draws nearer for more concrete information.

I may be able to make it. I have a vehicle, it is just an 8 hour drive. Leave here Friday about 5... Leave Tennessee Sunday about noon...

Made it down to the range this weekend to sight in Sue's new tang sight. Grass is a little long, I will try to get it weed et beforehand. Looks like someone else was using the range, too - they left a bit of a mess, but no big deal. Scratch one target frame, though.

Guess the focus of the shoot will be black powder, intro to. If I make it I have a couple revolvers for folks to try. Couple flintlocks as well, and a percussion rifle, if I can find balls for it.

Hmmm... Contest... How about something simple - say one shot each, closest to bull wins? I'll have to charge a buck or two to cover the cost of the cannon balls, though, and it'll really be one shot, as I don't have many on hand. Prize for this I have no idea.

Anyone cares to donate a prize, that'd work for me. I've already picked up the 'door prize' - a new range bag.

Tower, you gonna make it?

News - grab-bag prize will be a new range bag, about medium size. Any shooter can put their name in the hat, pick someone to draw a name. Oh, and somebody bring a hat (grin).
Edited by Mark@Sea
I may be able to make it. I have a vehicle, it is just an 8 hour drive. Leave here Friday about 5... Leave Tennessee Sunday about noon...

Made it down to the range this weekend to sight in Sue's new tang sight. Grass is a little long, I will try to get it weed et beforehand. Looks like someone else was using the range, too - they left a bit of a mess, but no big deal. Scratch one target frame, though.

Guess the focus of the shoot will be black powder, intro to. If I make it I have a couple revolvers for folks to try. Couple flintlocks as well, and a percussion rifle, if I can find balls for it.

Hmmm... Contest... How about something simple - say one shot each, closest to bull wins? I'll have to charge a buck or two to cover the cost of the cannon balls, though, and it'll really be one shot, as I don't have many on hand. Prize for this I have no idea.

Anyone cares to donate a prize, that'd work for me. I've already picked up the 'door prize' - a new range bag.

Tower, you gonna make it?

I actually am going to make it.

I'm taking my 6 days off so as to coincide with the time of the shoot. Julie and I want to get up to Kingsport and get the Hard top off of the jeep, and get it into storage, and get everything ready for the shoot.

:D

I can probably come up with a prize for the BP shoot...give me a day or so to think about it.

Guest c.a.s.

I guess I should bring Gramp's Knight? I'll find out everything I'll need for it and pick some up.

Mark, did you say Cannon Balls?

Guest c.a.s.

I'd probably have enough if the powder wasn't 30+ years old. I'll have to look at what he has for it in the safe. I know he has some little kit, but I don't know if he already threw out the powder or if he has any bullets for it (I almost backspaced and typed rounds, but then I realized that it would actually be the correct term there)

YEEHAW!!

This sounds like the shoot of the year! I am so excited Mark that you will be able to make it. This surely is an unexpected surprise!

A smoke making event to be sure. I am trying like all heck to get some more fff this week. I have to do my buying on the sly, glad my boss does not read this message board, LOL . But I called Hearthstone and they open at just about the right time for me Thursday. So fff on Thursday and .454 balls Friday.

We can nail it down better as it gets closer, but I can bring a weed eater and between a couple of us we can clear the range out in short order if need be. I will make sure I am cleared for an early take off that weekend.

I will for sure bring the front stuffers, that and .22's for me then.

One thing we HAVE to do is load up as many percussion weapons as we have shooters and see how big a smoke screeen we can throw. Wow I am excited about this shoot for sure.

Tower will you be at Marks that Friday? Just thinking off the top of my head maybe I can come up Friday afternoon. I can throw a tent up somewhere and do a little camp out Friday night. Might be a real big time!

Mike, and everyone else - tents/campers welcome. Plenty of room here and there, as the range area is about 1/6th of the property. Please call ahead of time and let Sue know you are coming. Just trust me on this :D

As it happens, I had a pound of pyrodex tucked away, if anyone runs short, that I won't be using, since I found Goex. Sounds like Marswolf has a smokepole of his own, I have the 5 pistols, rifle, and cannon, so with what you bring, Mike, I am sure we'll have plenty on hand.

Don't worry, Cody, it's only a baby cannon.

if you don't, go to a dive shop..they'll have the lead weights. solves your problem!

Diver weights aren't pure lead, are they Tower? Since my balls have to flair.....they have to be made of pure lead. I'll check a couple of plumbing supplies I used to buy at.

Who's bringing the snakes

as close as the range is to the river I am guessing there are plenty of snakes already there.

But if needed maybe Boom and Pokey can borrow some from church for us to use. :P