East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

Guest Boomhower
Boomhower, you aren't required to shoot bp, you know - modern firearms are welcome. So if you're gonna miss the shoot, you gotta at least come up with an entertaining excuse - maybe you were walking your snake and it bit you?

Nothing entertaining. just a teeball tournment. The last tournment my son was in, he had 3 games that day :shrug:. Otherwise, I'd be trying like heck to make it.

but I doubt I could make it up there in time to pitch a tent in the daylight.

They make blue pills for that :tough:! Cheryl has mentioned that to me before, but I didn't really thunk nothin of it at the time.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dotsun
Dotsun, I'm leaving Norfolk about 4pm Friday. If I could get home sooner, trust me - dark wouldn't be a problem.

Been there done that got the t-shirt. I refuse to do it when not forced, let's put it that way.

Guest dotsun

They make blue pills for that :shrug:! Cheryl has mentioned that to me before, but I didn't really thunk nothin of it at the time.

Then she must've told you that I prefer to pitch my tent in the day time.

Guest Boomhower
Then she must've told you that I prefer to pitch my tent in the day time.

All she said was, she prefer'd the lights off. I don't know what that means, and we all know that women are hard to understand at times, but I took it to mean that she didn't like lookin at you. :shrug:

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Ahhh... now I see what you guys meant by 'local get together'... lol Its ok, I ride the slow bus usually.

So, it is planned for 'Armed Forces Day' on Saturday 17th? What time and will you be shooting more than muzzle loaders?

I enjoy target plinking and skeet/trap shooting. :shrug:

Well, current policy is anything you can tote...:shrug:

Dotsun, what I meant was that I have on the order of 300 Coleman (and other make) gasoline/kerosene lanterns. If I had time to fire 'em up, dark wouldn't be a problem.

Its' my (other) hobby.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Well, I have 5 .22 cal spinner targets and a manual clay thrower. If anyone else is bringing shottys, we'll need more clay I'm sure. If we're going to shoot 'varmits' I can adjust accordingly though. :screwy:

I would probably bring my .22 rifle, .22 target pistol(s), and my 20ga shotgun. Have other guns, but not enough ammo to blow... :)

What time does this shindig take off? :tinfoil:

Edited by Brian@GunDepot
What was the nice ride that was also in the pic?

See the 'Downsides of a Glock' thread, pg 6, in the pistol forum.

What time does this shindig take off?

Somebody else will have to answer that one. I haven't been to enough to know what is usual.

Well, I have 5 .22 cal spinner targets and a manual clay thrower. If anyone else is bringing shottys, we'll need more clay I'm sure. If we're going to shoot 'varmits' I can adjust accordingly though. :D

I would probably bring my .22 rifle, .22 target pistol(s), and my 20ga shotgun. Have other guns, but not enough ammo to blow... :D

What time does this shindig take off? :D

I guess I can bring the model 60 winchester for some pigeons. :D

I can pick up another box of clays somewhere if we need more.

I will also be there in time to build another target frame and clean up the clearing for the shoot.

I think I'll also buy another picnic table for the clearing if it's alright with you Mark...I should be able to find one cheaply, or build one in no time at all with the right materials.

Guest CleanSeries80

i'm excited about it!!! hopefully someone is willing to trade on that ammo that i have no use for or i won't be doing a whole lot of shootin lol

Guest c.a.s.

I still have the box of #6/7 (don't remember right now) that Mike gave me, and then I still have a full box of #6. So I'm up for a few clays.

Seeing as there is a week left, I think it is about time I get the information about the Knight ^^;

i've got about 100 rounds (combined) of 9mm jhp and fmj if someone wants to trade out on some .45 acp or .303 British. funding is a little tight to buy enough ammo to have fun with, so i'm just testing the waters out on some ammo tradin. oh and i think i have 50 or so rounds of .380 fmj. i have no idea why i have those cailbers, since i don't own anything that will fire them, but i have them.

Clean, I will take everything off your hands....I can trade you .45 acp fmj for it. I have 100 rounds of new, and I can match you for the rest in reloaded rounds that I bought at a gun show in las vegas, if you want.

if you don't want to shoot reloads, let me know what you want in cash and I'll pay ya for them. I don't have any .303 though, sorry.

I can take the 9mm and .380 and put it to good use. :D

Hopefully, Mike will have a Keltec p3at on hand..if not, I'll get him to order one for me...that's my next pistol..I was so impressed by the p32 that I decided to get the .380.

Note: since my wife and I traded phones, I've lost mike's number...can someone pm me with it?

Edited by towerclimber37
Guest CleanSeries80

mark i'm not set up to reload yet....i don't have the funding.

thanks tower! i don't mind reloads a bit so it sounds good to me!

Guest Brian@GunDepot

As long as we don't have a monsoon forecast, I'm planning on attending this event. Could someone PM me their cell phone in case I need help finding the place? I close at 1pm so I should be there sometime around 2pm...

I only have 1 box of clay, so if you guys are planning on shooting shottys for a bit, we may need more. I should have plenty of .22 targets to plink at for the session. ;)

Did anyone confirm the grill or should I just grab some fast food on the way in?

Last time I was home I set up a grill, this time I'll be lucky to get the grass trimmed beforehand. I had hoped to get off early Friday, but it isn't going to happen - I should be home by midnight, though.

If someone wants to bring a grill, or bring the fixings and borrow a coleman, its' fine with me. If you'd prefer meeting somewhere beforehand, thats' fine too.