East Tn TGO Members MAY 2008 Meet

Hey, hey, HEY! Sorry, Boom, but if Tower ever parts with it, it has to come back home (it was mine for 15 years). It is a sweet shooter, isn't it?

So, Mike, you going to pick up an 1849 or an 1862 police?

I really enjoyed hosting the shoot this month, folks.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Boomhower
Hey, hey, HEY! Sorry, Boom, but if Tower ever parts with it, it has to come back home (it was mine for 15 years).

:P But he said.....awwww. Nevermind......I don't even get to have any fun. Waaaahhhhaaaaa

Nice pictures!

Mike, you hankering for a cannon, too? You know you need one.

Matthew, I've just about got Jennifer sold on a pocket Colt. Is this bad?

That S&W is beautiful - I didn't want to shoot it 'cause I knew I'd get jealous.

:D Oh, OK. I won't spill the beans on your secret. :D

That's part of our Customer Service Policy. :D

saweet! I now have to find the exact one and see if it comes with electric blue grips.. I know its a taurus pocket pistol..in .32 I think

I enjoyed the shoot guys!!

Julie absolutely loves her rifle.

I had a blast and enjoyed meeting ron (19colt11) and Mr. Clean and his wonderful wife!

As for the rest of you all that made it, it was great to see you all again!

I worked an extra week to make it to the meet. I'll try and do it again when I get the chance!

congrats, Matt on picking up both the range bag AND the lantern! I wish I could have stayed to meet skwash..sadly, family matters pressed me to keep a schedule.

I love the pics!

no, I'll never sell the browning (boom):D

Nor will I trade it.

That was close to an epic shoot! Nice work Mark, Mike and everyone!

:)

Hey Tower, It's too bad circumstances dictated you all had to leave early. You for sure would have enjoyed the skirmish line of black powder revolvers. That was the most smoke I have seen at one time. Really makes a person wonder about gun fights back in the day. And how people could see one another to take aimed shots. Dunno how there could be gunfire indoors as is depicted in a lot of movies. it was a hoot though.

Julies rifle is great, only thing she is missing on it is a bi-pod. I have one that clips on most any rifle and I regret not throwing it in the range bag.

Mark, i love the cannon but I do not see one in my immediate future. More interested in a pocket police in .36 cal with a short barrel. But it will have to wait some. A pump .22 is still tops on my "buy next" list. Might need to contact Phantom here soon about that.

That was close to an epic shoot!

I think it was an epic shoot, not sure how it could have been any better in anyway.

Guest CleanSeries80
Nice pictures!

Mike, you hankering for a cannon, too? You know you need one.

Matthew, I've just about got Jennifer sold on a pocket Colt. Is this bad?

That S&W is beautiful - I didn't want to shoot it 'cause I knew I'd get jealous.

hey mark, i AM sold on that pocket colt...2 late 2 ask matt :D y u gonna sell me yours?

Guest Phantom6

After seeing all of the comments and the photos I sure am sorry about missing the outing. Couldn't find anyone to watch the store. The wife wasn't feeling well and the boy was tied up. After seeing all the smoke I'm surprised that the volunteer fire department didn't show up. :D

Mike.357 posted->

A pump .22 is still tops on my "buy next" list. Might need to contact Phantom here soon about that.

Though I rarely see 'em on the range or in the field there are a number of companies that make 'em. Maybe I just need to get out more. Henry makes a nice octogon barrel, the H003T and it's magnum version the H003TM. There's also Taurus, Winchester and plenty of others. We'll be happy to help you with this. I've got an old Noble which I believe was sold by the Western Auto company about 40 years ago that I love to shoot. I'll bring it out in June if I can get a new rear sight mounted on it by then. It's a fun shoot (and cheap too).

Guest CleanSeries80

my internet is currently down, i'm over at a buddies using his pc right now. the other videos might take a couple days, but i do have the one up mike. back on page 13 is the vid of my wife and my government. sorry for all the delays guys!!!

Guest c.a.s.
+ 1 to creating an account Jen.

And where are the video's? Cody didn't you have some too?

I have 3 uploaded. I had ot use the camera for my Criminal Justice class, and Mom currently has it. So It might be a while before the rest are up.

th_M4V00225.jpg

th_M4V00224.jpg

th_M4V00223.jpg

I know a guy with a couple of quarter-scale Civil War cannons. He doesn't use them any more. I can ask him if he's interested in selling. I do think BATF and HS drop by occasionally, so it might get sticky unless you do reenacting too.

Mars, I'd be quite interested in one of them, anyway. As for reenacting, that really isn't practical considering my current employment. If this election and the following 3 or 4 years go the wrong way, though, I could see us all doing a little reenacting.

That was a joke.

On the other hand, I do look pretty good in gray.

Guest 70below

Somehow or another I managed to completely not notice that you all were planning on doing this. Turns out I was in Texas on a job anyhow, but it sounds like it was a great time.

Also, not sure if you all had checked, but I was told that the Bass Pro Shop on exit 407 on I-40 has a powder store of black powder, you just have to ask at the gun counter. Also, my dad and grandfather used to go to black powder shoots and Rendezvous all the time, some of the fun events were shooting a flame out on a lit candle (without hitting the candle), and ringing an old steel plow disk at various ranges. We also did tomahawk toss and would string a piece of yarn across an elevated piece of log on end with thumb tacks then throw and try to cut the yarn while sticking the tomahawk in the wood. Hope to see it if you all make it out again.

Thanks for the tip! I spend a lot of time out of state too, I had checked the basspro in Norfolk. They have a fair amount of BP stuff but the prices were insane.

Looks like a fairly regular get-together here every other month, hope to see you at one.