New Bushmaster XM15-E2S MOE with Goodies!!

k9wh91984

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta tell ya I am really impressed with those GG&G covers on the Eotech. They have positive spring action and stay in place with no movement. If anyone is wondering I got a misfeed because I didn't slam the bad lever all the way down but with failure drill practice the rifle was operational very quick.

Edited by k9wh91984

We had no issues at the range, we can pretty much do whatever as long as its tasteful. They were closing and I had to get my fix real quick before we left lol :) You guys know how it is. I have had alot of comments on my Surefire light on the YouTube channel, about it's size lol for anyone that's looking at the M951XM07 military light, it's pretty light, extremely bright, blinding, and the size looks bigger in video. Using it with the magpul illumination kit and pressure pad, it's pretty awesome.

Guest Darthlaidher

Love my Bushmaster m4a3, lots of people put them down because of so called quality control issues but mine has everything they mention thats wrong with it fixed and it came from the factory that way. Any way sweet lookin gun, I'll get mine lookin good when i'm no longer broke lol, the only thing I don't like about the m4a3 is the pencil barrel, it heats up to fast.

Mine from factory has the proper staked gas keys and m4 feed ramps. I did add a BCM complete auto BCG and Mod 4 Gunfighter charging handle. It does not have a t marked upper receiver, f marked front base, or mil-spec buffer tube as mine is commercial. These things do not bother me as the zero is fine and i dont move my sight around on the rail and stocks are available for commercial. I like it, works good for me. The smoke you see from mine is from the new plastic and the oil i used to clean the barrel and upper with before shooting. I did a full cleaning LOL

Edited by k9wh91984
Guest Darthlaidher

Mine from factory has the proper staked gas keys and m4 feed ramps. I did add a BCM complete auto BCG and Mod 4 Gunfighter charging handle. It does not have a t marked upper receiver, f marked front base, or mil-spec buffer tube as mine is commercial. These things do not bother me as the zero is fine and i dont move my sight around on the rail and stocks are available for commercial. I like it, works good for me. The smoke you see from mine is from the new plastic and the oil i used to clean the barrel and upper with before shooting. I did a full cleaning LOL

Yeah mine came with proper gas key staking as well and m4 feed ramps, I just notice it gets really hot after about 2 mags worth it could be the oil im using as well but it smokes like yours did.

My buddy has the same rifle as me but his cleanings are not as thorough or in that matter existent lol and his does not smoke at all. Probably the oil, I'll see after a few more shoots before I clean again and I wont wiping the exterior of the barrel anymore only did because I removed the front guard to install my rails. I'm not worried about the barrel hehehe :)

The Bushmaster and the Stag are identical in fit and finish. I like the moe Handguards instead of a quad rail. Overall the Bushmaster has all the magpul goodies plus a few extras, so they are both nice. I like the M951 Surefire I have but I also liked the G2 on the Stag. In my opinion, both the rifles are pretty much identical.

I gotcha. :cool:

I do like the quad rail myself. Since I use the verticle grip, it's comfortable to shoot. Without the verticle grip, I could see how it would be a bit uncomfy.

If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, bring that puppy over here and we'll blow up something more fun than a target! LOL I love living in the sticks! No range, no restrictions! :pleased:

Haha I love how people hate on the Bushmaster and say they are cheap and unreliable. I've had mine for about a year in a half. The same MOE model as this one. I have run 4,000+ rounds out of it with no problems. It will eat any kind of ammo that I put in it!

Guest Darthlaidher

Haha I love how people hate on the Bushmaster and say they are cheap and unreliable. I've had mine for about a year in a half. The same MOE model as this one. I have run 4,000+ rounds out of it with no problems. It will eat any kind of ammo that I put in it!

It all comes from a thread at m4carbine about how BM doesn't have proper staked gas keys and extractors and so on. That thread is 5 years old and yet people still talk about how they don't stake the gas keys. All it is, is people that have no experience with the new Bushmasters regurgitating old misinformed crap and unfortunately its spread to pretty much every gun forum out there.

• Moderators

It all comes from a thread at m4carbine about how BM doesn't have proper staked gas keys and extractors and so on. That thread is 5 years old and yet people still talk about how they don't stake the gas keys. All it is, is people that have no experience with the new Bushmasters regurgitating old misinformed crap and unfortunately its spread to pretty much every gun forum out there.

I spend a lot of time hanging out in gun shops, and work part time in one, I have yet to pick up a BM rifle from the factory that has a correctly staked gas key. Haven't seen a factory BM staked castle nut either. Those issues raised on M4C still persist 5 years later, even after the buyout and production move. Edited by Chucktshoes
Guest Darthlaidher

I spend a lot of time hanging out in gun shops, and work part time in one, I have yet to pick up a BM rifle from the factory that has a correctly staked gas key. Haven't seen a factory BM staked castle nut either.

Really? I guess its my imagination that my gas keys are staked.

2hxaiwg.jpg

• Moderators

LOL! Settle down, you act like I insulted your wife. While it appears that gas key may be properly staked, I can only speak for what I have personally seen and touched myself. What I have witnessed out of BM is just what I have said, improperly staked gas keys. If tomorrow BM starts meeting and/or exceeding the other tier 1 makers in consistent quality, I'd happily sing their praises. However, if the makers of the weapons in my closet started crapping the bed tomorrow, I wouldn't get butthurt over someone calling them out on it. It is a rifle, not my daughter.

Edited by Chucktshoes
Guest Darthlaidher

LOL! Settle down, you act like I insulted your wife. While it appears that gas key may be properly staked, I can only speak for what I have personally seen and touched myself. What I have witnessed out of BM is just what I have said, improperly staked gas keys. If tomorrow BM starts meeting and/or exceeding the other tier 1 makers in consistent quality, I'd happily sing their praises. However, if the makers of the weapons in my closet started crapping the bed tomorrow, I wouldn't get butthurt over someone calling them out on it. It is a rifle, not my daughter.

Just sayin, i'm tired of hearing the same old stuff from people when my rifle has the properly staked gas keys, it gets annoying.

All in all the Bushmasters are good rifles. Yes the NEW Bushmasters have properly staked keys so they will not come loose. The biggest thing in my opinion to remember is we can spend 1k, 2k, or 3k or more on a rifle, but does it really matter. If the world ended tomorrow the 1k rifle and the 3k rifle will both eliminate targets. The biggest thing that gets me is how we can take my buddy's Bushy, shoot Tulammo through it and not clean it for 1k rounds and it still works as long as the bolt and carrier is lubed. Now im not gonna lie, it DOES lack a few mil spec items such as the front sight, buffer tube, and t marked upper, but who cares, it don't matter, it doesn't do anything on these rifles. End of story on that lol :) instead of spending 1500 or more on a rifle or spending 1500 and having a complete rifle is what many people look at. My next rifle is going to be a HK MR556 because I want it but it will not do anything more for me than the Bushy does. Let's not forget that if Bushmaster can serve law enforcement agencies and sheriffs it will serve the sheepdog just fine. Here in TN many agencies use these XM15-E2S and here in KS where I am right now the Sheriffs department uses this rifle. Heck, Wichita PD only issues Glocks and shotguns, they don't even have AR's and this is the prairie land and meth town. Only SWAT gets AR's. So in reality....or in the Walking Dead....Bushy will save my ass LOL!! :)

I gotcha.

I do like the quad rail myself. Since I use the verticle grip, it's comfortable to shoot. Without the verticle grip, I could see how it would be a bit uncomfy.

If you ever find yourself in my neck of the woods, bring that puppy over here and we'll blow up something more fun than a target! LOL I love living in the sticks! No range, no restrictions!

My Bushy came with a Magpul MOE vertical grip, black, like the one on yours just made for the MOE Handguards. Quad rails are fine but the MOE guard you can add rail pieces where needed like it did. I also believe this is a cheaper and lighter option for someone if they are building or upgrading an AR. It's just a preference thing lol. If I ever get up that way, you gotta deal on blowing some stuff up :)

Guest Darthlaidher

All in all the Bushmasters are good rifles. Yes the NEW Bushmasters have properly staked keys so they will not come loose. The biggest thing in my opinion to remember is we can spend 1k, 2k, or 3k or more on a rifle, but does it really matter. If the world ended tomorrow the 1k rifle and the 3k rifle will both eliminate targets. The biggest thing that gets me is how we can take my buddy's Bushy, shoot Tulammo through it and not clean it for 1k rounds and it still works as long as the bolt and carrier is lubed. Now im not gonna lie, it DOES lack a few mil spec items such as the front sight, buffer tube, and t marked upper, but who cares, it don't matter, it doesn't do anything on these rifles. End of story on that lol :) instead of spending 1500 or more on a rifle or spending 1500 and having a complete rifle is what many people look at. My next rifle is going to be a HK MR556 because I want it but it will not do anything more for me than the Bushy does. Let's not forget that if Bushmaster can serve law enforcement agencies and sheriffs it will serve the sheepdog just fine. Here in TN many agencies use these XM15-E2S and here in KS where I am right now the Sheriffs department uses this rifle. Heck, Wichita PD only issues Glocks and shotguns, they don't even have AR's and this is the prairie land and meth town. Only SWAT gets AR's. So in reality....or in the Walking Dead....Bushy will save my ass LOL!! :)

The Czech Republic, Georgia and New Zealand uses them as well, there's a pic floating around of captured Bushmasters when the Russians invaded Georgia.