WTK -Price Mini 14

Will

I purchased a Cot AR and am thinking of selling the Ruger. Have ckecked

local gun shops/online and not finding many,thought they were all over the place. Trying to get idea of price. It is basic Mini 14 -Blue .223-

wood stock. Bought about 10 years ago and had in locking truck rack

so wood shows couple minor spots. otherwise only shot little with

good blue. do not have to sell but do not need two 223 rifles.

Thanks

Will

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably walk away. these aren't great guns.

I beg to differ.

THey arent ARs, true. But they arent priced like AR's either. And for the kind of shooting most people do with a .223 they'll work just fine. For an HD gun or whatever it would be fine.

Guest Phantom6

The mini-14 is a fine gun for certain jobs. Mine shoots great out to several hundred yards. The rolling bolt action is tried and true and many military units, paramilitary groups and police departments use a varient or two of the basic mini all around the world. The GB model and the select fire AC556 would be the juiced up "professional grade" of the ranch rifle.

Without seeing what you are selling it's hard to tell but I'd say that it should bring $450-$550. There. There's my two cents.

Guest ColdEspresso

I would always keep a Mini. The AR is great and I hope to own one but I like the inconspicuous look of a stock mini when I am hunting coyotes...

I'd probably walk away. these aren't great guns.

That simply isn't a true statement...they just aren't what you need.

People too easily forget that they are modeled after 2 of the best US military rifles ever made...have to laugh sometimes when people climb all over each other to get a field grade M-1 Carbine at a gun show or pine for a M14...and 5 minutes later stare at a Ranch Rifle like poo on a shoe.