Good Three Point Sling

Can anyone suggest a good three point sling for around $30? I would get a single point sling but I have a colt rifle so the plate is staked and I don't want to modify it. Don't want to spend extra money on one of those clamp on pieces for the buffer tube either.

The rifle is a monolithic Colt 6940 which has the QD sling point on the forward most part of the rail like this:

ColtR0923.jpg

And I have a Magpul CTR stock which has a couple of mounting options including a QD point as well:

MAG310.jpg

I'd love to have this sling but apparently this company went out of business:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like your mind is made up already... but I'ma' give you my opinion anyway.

I use those cheap no-name 3 point slings from Ebay. They work the same as any other sling out there. The hardware might not be battle worthy but I'm not going into battle anytime soon.

Have you considered a quality two point sling. I use a padded Viking VTAC myslef, like it better than any three point ive tried so far. I also have a non padded VTAC branded under 511, that i dont like quite as much but its still a quality sling. More than anything i like the ability to quickly adjust tension, especially being able to just tighten it all the way when i need to go hands on.

i too like the padded vtac, its my favorite two point sling. I hated the ms2 from Magpul since its too thin, but I still haven't sold it. Supposedly the ms3 fixed that problem but after the ms2 I won't buy it. The MS2 was a one point sling that easily and quickly converted to a two point. I used it with quick disconnects. The newest sling I bought is the Patrol Vest Sling which I plan on wearing on duty down the road (as long as it gets approved). It uses a velcro design to attach to body armor and stay on underneath the t-shirt. It is a one point sling by design but it has many adapters to make it attach to virtually any weapon how you want it. Of course its specifically designed for body armor.

Edited by alwaysonjohn

I like the padded VTAC a lot. Beware of cheap slings. I was in a carbine class last year when one came undone. We were working transition drills and on about the 3rd the guy next to me let go of his rifle and it hit the dirt. One of the buckle loops let go completely. There was a quick oh shxx and then it got real quiet on the line...

• 3 weeks later...

I have used for the last 3 or 4 years a gear sector 2 point. The nice thing about it is that it's secure like a 3 point without the bulk. You can get a mount for the rail for 20 or 25 I believe is what they run now, and just plug the other end into that magpul. This served me for 2 deployments and it is still going strong. While on the FOB I would run it in a 2 point set up and while on mission would use the rear mount with a wolf hook (all Quick Disconnect). Also while downrange I order some items from them (gear sector) and they sent me the wrong part, I emailed them back and they said just keep it, the replacement showed up real quick, almost like they were already in country :pleased: Good people there.