spring hill area

Guest Brianf88

Guest Brianf88

I am looking to buy a house :) ! I have been looking in the Spring hill area anyone live there? How is it low crime etc looking for quiet area.

Thanks I'm advance,

Brian

Guest Cogent Design

I live in the Spring Hill area, I agree with Ropin4gold. It's a nice place to live, I've been here since 2003 and recommend it. Get on the Williamson county side if you can for the schools.

Guest Brianf88

Thanks guys how are the schools in maury? Also any close ranges besides Franklin even ones that hold matches? I have to have priorities :)

Thanks for the info!

My biggest complaint about Maury Schools is that the grade school curriculum is weak. At the first open house I asked the principal about advanced classes so our kids will be challenged. She told me some crap about all the classes operating at the same level so the lesser performing kids can be inspired by the higher performing students.

I rephrased her comment that the lesser performing kids can drag down the higher performing ones from being challenged. She did not take that to kindly.

My wife was a teacher so she comes up with supplemental material to help advance their knowledge at home. Which is the way it should be at home.

From a safety standpoint I think they are above average but I came from Florida (talk about some bad schools!)

My wife is on the PTA board. Most parents want something done but won't step up to contribute. They get a free movie night courtesy of the PTA and then they complain about the movie selected or the time of the showing.

Our plan is to change to private school when they hit 5th grade.

Edited by Dad03

As for the range question: Charlie Haffner Memorial Range (CHMR) is in (beside?) Spring Hill. The website data is a little bit dated. The membership fee is now $60/year. In addition to being closed the first full weekend of each month, they are now closed every Thursday.

http://www.ridethatb...m/CHMR/CHMR.htm

My brother lives on the Williamson county side of Spring Hill and loves it.

Charlie has a new updated site

http://chmr.us/CHMR/Home.html

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I manage a couple hundred homes in the area and sell quite a few as well. If you have any questions or need someone to help you find something I'd be happy to help. Just let me know. As far as the area goes, there isn't a place around where you can buy a better home in a better area for the price. My rental prices are higher than what a mortgage would be on the same house. This is just the current market. It's very good for people looking to "buy at the bottom".