George Zimmerman's Donations Spike on His Return to Jail

Posted too soon, as an example the neighborhood in which I grew up in was nice, community oriented, everyone kept up their properties, knew each other, helped out the older folks, etc.

30 years later it is now it is a more like a slum in Rawanda or something, where it is dangerous to travel through, even in broad day-light

Seems to me Zimmerman is the one in jail....why?

Politics and political correctness. Are you just now catching up on this subject? The known facts have been beaten to death. What is known so far contradicts all of the presumptions that you have made. Let's hope that you nor any of us have to defend ourselves in a self-defense case as Zimmerman is having to do, and hopefully more people in our cases will have the attitude of presumed innocent unit proven guilty.

My neighborhood has a self-appointed neighborhood watchman named Dennis, older gentleman, retired, friendly, always willing to lend a hand, etc, I think we are fortunate to have him around.

In fact I wish I had more neighbors like him, granted I do not personally know Zimmerman but at least he was making an effort to help keep his neighborhood from going down the toliet, like so many other neighborhoods have, where the scum are allowed to run amock unchecked

Agreed, however, just to clarify to others reading who may mis-interpret, as has been discussed at length, Zimmerman was not self-appointed as in the example of your neighbor.

If he's found not guilty, then wouldn't that be self defense (since the only two options are murder or self defense)? If it's self defense, wouldn't he be protected by FL law like TN where self defense protects against civil suits?

My guess is (and it’s just my WAG), Zimmerman will be convicted or have a hung jury. If he has a hung jury; he is still open to a wrongful death civil suit. If the state doesn’t convict him; I believe the Feds will step-in and Mr. Zimmerman will experience double jeopardy just as the cops did in the Rodney King case.

I don’t see him having any money left after the legal system and his attorneys get done with him. Let him have the money; that’s what people are donating it for. If the courts make that money unavailable to him and he is convicted, I would guess that he would have grounds for an appeal, saying he couldn’t afford the best representation. If he’s sued civilly he’s too high profile to be able to hide the money from the victim’s family…. Again, if there is anything left.

I have no idea what the law is in Florida pertaining to protection from a civil suit.

Guest Gwith40

Given the situation, you would think the Governor would be wise enough to remove Corey from this case. If for his own political survival, if nothing else. I believe he was playing politics when he appointed Corey, which was a poor decision. Now, if he does not remove Corey, it will blow up in his face. Scott is trying to placate a section of the minority community, in order to avoid riots, that will not vote for him anyway. In the process he is angering his constituents. My friends in Florida, who tend to be on the conservative side, are extremely angry with the Governor right now.