Good Westerns to watch

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a huge fan of John Wayne..but you prolly seen all of them...

Growing up in Germany we used to watch Sergio Leone westerns..They whsre called Spaghetti Westerns...With Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer..You can prolly do a google search on that..And then there all of Eastwood westerns.....

Look inot the old ones with Terrence Hill..you might like them

I am a huge fan of John Wayne..but you prolly seen all of them...

Growing up in Germany we used to watch Sergio Leone westerns..They whsre called Spaghetti Westerns...With Terrence Hill and Bud Spencer..You can prolly do a google search on that..And then there all of Eastwood westerns.....

ok will do thanks, yeah as you can tell im a Clint Eastwood fan lol

Edited by TN Outlaw

I haven't seen any real new ones, but a few I really enjoy are 3:10 to Yuma, Dances with Wolves, Open Range and my all time favotrite.....TOMBSTONE. But any western is good in my opinion!

Agreed! "They Call me Trinity" and "Trinity is Still my Name" are great movies as is "Nobody" (the one Terrence Hill did with Henry Fonda). Speaking of Henry Fonda, "The Cheyenne County Social Club" where he partnered up again with Jimmy Stewart is pretty fun to watch as well.

There are, of course, others that I can't bring to mind right now, but I'll think about it some more while I'm being unloaded and maybe toss a few more into the mix.

I haven't seen any real new ones, but a few I really enjoy are 3:10 to Yuma, Dances with Wolves, Open Range and my all time favotrite.....TOMBSTONE. But any western is good in my opinion!

have seen all of these and there great!!!!

Forgot to add it has Henry Fonda and Charles Bronson...

I gotta see if Netflix has it..lol

Netflix has some good ones Joe Kidd, 2 Mules for sister Sara, Shane is a good one also and watch the Lonesome dove series i liked it to

Any movies about mountainmen are good, and I especially like "Sacred Ground" with Tim McIntire and Jack Elam. There are just soooo many good westerns to choose from! I never cared much for the older Clint Eastwood westerns. Maybe because the music? I don't know!

If you want something fun that's based in truth, but as far from actual events as possible (most everything in the movie happened, just not necessarily the way it's portrayed) then "The Mountain Men" with Charleton Hesston and Brian Keith is pretty darn good. ("Can't stand that nasty talkin' b@stard!!!") :rofl:

If you want something fun that's based in truth, but as far from actual events as possible (most everything in the movie happened, just not necessarily the way it's portrayed) then "The Mountain Men" with Charleton Hesston and Brian Keith is pretty darn good. ("Can't stand that nasty talkin' b@stard!!!") :rofl:

That is a good one too!

Guest Victor9er

I agree with Tombstone being at the top of the list.

If you want something a little more obscure, see if you can get a hold of The Last Outlaw.

It was an HBO orginal movie back in '93 starring Mickey Rourke, Dermot Mulroney, Steve Buscemi & Keith David (among others). I've always liked it and while I enjoy the occasional western I'm not a big western fan. I keep meaning to pick it up on DVD one of these days but the couple of times I've actually looked for it all I can find is full-frame. Of course it was never released in theaters since it was an HBO original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110307/

Edited by Victor9er