Remington 887

Being as how I am not shotgun poor having only break actions I have been thinking of adding another scattergun to the mix.

I am fond of my old coach gun, and to be honest I don't think anything could replace it in it's role of home defender, but I keep thinking that I am doing myself a disservice in not having something with a little higher capacity.

I don't hunt, I just slaughter vicious paper.

I sold my last pump, a NEF Pardner Protector as someone needed it more than I did. It was a good gun and I liked it, and selling it had nothing to do with the gun, it had to do with a friend who didn't have anything for him and his wife.

I have been going back and forth between the traditional 500 and 870 and I honestly haven't found a clear winner among either.

Then I see the new 887 Tactical.

I can't stop thinking about it.

I don't see me changing it or hanging a bunch of things off of it, and I prefer a traditional stock over a pistol grip, so the lack of aftermarket for it doesn't bother me.

Does anyone have any experience with the 887? Good, bad, indifferent?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't have to worry about changing it as there are no aftermarket products for it yet. I owned one. Liked it. Sold it to get an 870 to make my own. The best part about it was the pump release. It was on the front of the tigger guard. I wish they all came that way.

The best part about it was the pump release. It was on the front of the tigger guard. I wish they all came that way.

The location of the slide release is what I dislike the most about my Mossy 500A. They put it on the wrong side of the gun IMHO.

Big K I love mine. The only problem is the first few times you cycle the pump you have to do it fast. The shells will hang up cycling slow. From everything I've read this will smooth out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 months later...
Guest robin.kempton

I bought the Remmington model 887 nitro mag tactical and I love it. I posted earlier on another thread and stated that its very important that from the first day that you bring it home that you disassemble, clean and oil that puppy up as it comes with little to no oil from the factory. I didn't read the fine print and took mine straight to the firing range....big mistake....all kinds of problems. Took it home, disassembled it and lubed that hefer up. Now its unstoppable, it will feed anything I put through her and with no fail to fires or fail to ejects at all. She is a beast and the attention she gets at the range is unbelievable, you will love the soft cell built into the stock.....very nice. I recommend it to everybody and it sells itself when people try it out....at the range you'll be lucky if you get to shoot it because everybody else will want to. Its meant to be handled rough and shot hard. Great home defense weapon...plan on a halo sight and a tactical flashlight for mine to finish her off. You will love it !!! I hope this helps you out.

Edited by robin.kempton