Local Barrel Threading

I have a YHM Mite SS and YHM Phantom .308 QD SS pending and need to get a couple firearms threaded. Anybody reccomend a shop locally? I'm in middle TN.

I'm looking to thread a Remington 700 .308, 10/22, and find a solution for a GSG5 that has a fake can to add the real can.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grizzly Johnson

Bill Scarpino

Got any contact info for him? I googled him and see that he does work a couple days a week for On Target in Murfreesboro. Is that the best way to reach him?

Call On Target. I don't have his info at hand. They will be able to put you in touch with him.

Mike

This guy would be ideal for me as well..... any updates?

Anyone else had any experience with this guy?

I am needing to have 2-3 barrels threaded as well...... I am very particular about details and job satisfaction..... hate to spend $$$$$ on a nice suppressor and wind up with a shotty threading job causing a baffel strike...... know what I mean?

Edited by Grizzly Johnson

Bill has done work for me, not threading, but a trigger job on a Rem 597. Took an awful trigger and worked some magic. This was about a year ago, took 2 weeks to get the rifle back and it wasn't cheap. I've seen his threading jobs as well, clean work.

Even now I hear there is usually a bit of a lead time. I'd trust him to work on pretty much anything of mine, but if you're on a tight budget or need it done right away... I might look elsewhere. Get a quote up front on time and cost.

I wasn't worried about either with the Rem, and am glad I took it to him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I had 2 Barrels threaded by Brad at LRP in Andersonville, he did a Great job at a very reasonable price. He made it look so easy, while I stood there watching him do his magic, I really wanted to find an old Lathe and try it myself! (it's not that easy :surrender: ) His suppressors are pretty darn good too, especially my 9mm can that works Great on my 300 Blackout too.. I sure do love that suppressor and when he told me it would work on an AR chambered in the 300 AAC Blackout, I had to build one really quick before I went to pick my 2 suppressors up. I really like having a can that you can use on multiple calibers, pistols and rifles too. I'm still new to the suppressor world, but I absolutely Love it, no more ear plugs for me :up:. Now I would like to have one of the Thompson Machine cans that will work on any 30 caliber, 5.56, 6.5 Grendel and several other calibers too.