"Glock Haters"

Guest No Ammo

If you are limp-wristing in a gun fight,

You have bigger problems,

You better be squeezing that grip for all your worth

I'm sure it's possible to limp-wrist lots of guns and make them malfuction. If I can't make mine malfuction with an intentionally poor grip than it's a non-issue for me.

Edited by JReedEsq

The things I like best about Glocks: 1) simple design 2) ability to change the grip to suit most shooters 3) lots of aftermarket. The Glocks pictured have various things done to the grips/frames from taking material off the backstrap, cutting finger grooves into the trigger guard, removing material from the top of the trigger guard and of course radiusing the area where the second knuckle hits the frame. One is a 17 cut down. Two have metal triggers. See any finger humps - they are all Gen 3.

Glocks aren't play purties to show off at the bar b que. The're tools that can be altered from their stock state to really fit the user.

Glockmod.jpg

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I must disagree. Such things can be relative to the individual and I must say that Glocks are not 'ergonomically correct' for me.

Until yesterday, it had been a few years since I had fired a Glock. Yesterday, I had an opportunity to fire one that was about as 'nice' as a Glock could be. Wanting to see if my feelings about the grip angle have changed, I was thankful for the chance. Now, I am no Glock aficionado so I don't know the model number and can only say that it seemed to be a 'full size' and was chambered in .40 S&W. When I say it was 'nice', I mean it was customized with a Ghost Rocket trigger, some A grip material on the grips and a few, other things that I can't recall. Seems like it had an aftermarket barrel, as well. It worked really well, as I expected. However, the grip angle still just did not work, for me. In fact, due to something about that angle, firing it hurt my wrist. Now, you might think that my wrist is possibly a bit 'sensitive' but that is not the case. See, there was another guy there who let me fire off a few full-house 180 grain .44 Magnum loads from his snubbie .44 Mag and it didn't hurt my wrist in the least. Slapped heck out of the webbing of my hand between my thumb and forefinger but didn't hurt my wrist at all.

It seems like, even putting my preference for hammers over strikers aside, a Glock still just isn't for me. Other than the wrist pain issue, this 'not exactly factory' one was so nice to shoot that I almost wish they were.

That's like saying you like MAC Tools over Snap-On. :D

That grip angle thing is a personal prefernce, not a flaw in the gun. Else, there would really have several million lees of them sold, wouldn't you say?

Why don't you try some 240's out of that snubbie pistol, also? you might change your mind, but oh, the thrill!

My favorite gun is one I bought from Major Kong, and it loves full power .44 mag loads. Doesn't hurt my wrist, though, just my ears. :D It also has

one those renown Smith & Wesson triggers that cannot be beat.

And I do love my Glocks for completely different reasons.

Over a lot of years with handguns, my preference changed from revolvers to 1911. I have several other pistols but most often choose a 1911 to carry or shoot at the range. The exception to this has been my G27. If I don't have a 1911 in my holster, I'll probably have the G27. The larger glocks haven't interested me as much for some reason.

That's like saying you like MAC Tools over Snap-On. :D

That grip angle thing is a personal prefernce, not a flaw in the gun. Else, there would really have several million lees of them sold, wouldn't you say?

Sure - I wasn't saying that it was a 'flaw' per se. I was simply disagreeing with the idea that Glocks are, across the board, ergonomically correct. Many shooters obviously find them to be so but I do not and never have.