a great suprise!

This is Towerclimber...I forgot to log Mark@sea out...so I'm posting under his handle

My newest acquisitions!!! I came home for my time off and behold, Mark@sea (my brother) picked up the pistol about a month ago without me knowing. A wonderful gift for me!

Here are 2 of my newest acquisitions! the pistol, an 1851 navy colt in .36 cal. it came with a locking case, a powder flask, bullet mold for both mine' balls and round balls and 100 percussion caps.

The Rifle is the Uberti replica of the 1866 yellowboy rifle in .45 Long Colt.

DSC00276.jpg

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet Elliott!! I know you were wanting a handgun to compliment the rifle. Maybe that is what you got!!

I am also glad you did not go off and buy a percussion revolver before going home for this weekend. Mark was worried you were going to get one on your own first.

sorry to read about the death in you inlaws family. I hope you will still be able to be at the shoot Saturday.

sorry to read about the death in you inlaws family. I hope you will still be able to be at the shoot Saturday.
Sorry to hear that.Give my condolences to the missus

That picture does not do that Yellowboy justice.That is one durn beautiful rifle! I have never really been interested in those types,but now I hope to have one in my collection someday.

That picture of that pistol looks pretty sweat as well.If you get a chance post a closer pic before getting her all dirty this weekend.

oh, it's a GREAT pistol!!!

it has scrimshaw work of sailing ships on the cylinder.

JC, I took a dremel and some mother's polish to the yellowboy...then used murphy's oil soap on the rest of the furniture...the yellowboy is purty now...so much so that Julie said "I want to share"....

*sigh*

I WILL be at the shoot, but I will have to leave around 2, to get up to Corbin.

Since my extended family is short on menfolk, I'm going to be a pallbearer. On a good note, I got about 500 bucks back from last years' taxes from the various states I've worked in. The sad part is that My wife's aunt didn't have insurance...so we're giving it to her to help pay for the burial.

ah well, at least I can shoot on saturday.

Edited by Mark@Sea
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry bout that brother...I kept forgetting to log you out at the house...

I'm happy to get it XD!! it's pretty awesome and from the last meet where we had the bp shootout, one of my buddies checked out the pictures and that weekend he went with me to the range and ended up buying a uberti navy colt in .44!!!

how's that for cool?

as for my lack of posts..forgive me guys..I put in 87 hours this week in 6 days...I'm getting ragged from climbing 2 towers a day and working my tail off...

I DO hope you guys have a great time though!!!!

*sigh*

as usual, I'm the last to know the good things..oh, but if something is wrong, boy my phone blows up!!!

Angel, shame on you!:chill:

it was a great suprise and one of the best presents I could get, aside from having time to shoot with him.

I appreciate you guys! and yes, XD, I would have had to wait till August. :lol: