new 45

I could not resist the temptation to own a small 45 so I picked up an XDs

and loaded it in my N82 holster ,,,Still breaking it in I put 100 rounds though it so far and

it packs a WALLOP! Make no mistake about it,this thing packs a punch

High viz sights ,2 5+1 mags and the usual oversize XD case

I dont know why but I feel more confident with a 45 over my 9MM :)

XDs.jpg

Edited by SonnyCrockett
  • Like 1

your probably pulling it down because your thinking about the recoil. You can get a partner and do drills where either he loads one or doesn't load one and hands you the gun and then you shoot it. if you pull down then you need some work.

As far as the XDs I wanted to get one. I didn't like the weight/width of a loaded Glock 27 so I wanted to make the switch but the M&P shield in .40 is making me think twice. We need pictures of your targets at 15 yards though!

looks like a sweet setup! only thing that would hang me up is the 5+1. I know, I know, most shootings are 3 shots, 3 yards in 3 seconds, but still. 5+1 probably would not have been enough to drop James Holmes in Colorado unless you swiss cheesed his gas mask.

I picked a bi-tone Xds .45 up today. I just went to the gun store to browse and there it sat. I have been planning on getting one since they announced that they were going to make them. I've just been waiting for the gun store to get one in stock.

And now I have one :hyper:

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I took my XDS to the the range for the first time today. I ran 100 rounds through with no problems. I noticed my hand was little sore from the rough grip but I may have been gripping it too tight. I was dead on at 5 yards and was a little low at 15 yards.Over all I like the gun. I may have to put something on the grip or get some calouses on my hands. LOL I was shooting 230 grain Federal ammo and then shot 10 rounds of Winchester 230 JHP. I may be pulling down because of recoil, I am not sure.I have a XD45 compact that I have been shooting.

I love my XDm .45 and this XDs has me daydreaming. Curious to hear if firing a random snap cap after a series of live rounds would produce a push from you guys that are complaining about it being low out at 15 yards and beyond. I want to hear more about your experiences!

I love my XDm .45 and this XDs has me daydreaming. Curious to hear if firing a random snap cap after a series of live rounds would produce a push from you guys that are complaining about it being low out at 15 yards and beyond. I want to hear more about your experiences!

I think I will get better with a couple of more trips to the range. I might pick up some snap caps and try some dry fires. Mostly Ifell like I was aiming too much at 6 oclock and I need to focus more dead on with the sights. I really like the carry of this weapon. It conceals real well and is light enough to make carrying a breeze. I have a lot of confidence in this weapon already.

I shot one today. Overall I could see buying one. The recoil was about what I expected, about like a airweight with +p. It shot point of aim at 5yrds but any further away I or it seamed to shoot extremely low. It was about 1ft low at 20yrds with everyone. We only put a box through it before it was too dark. Not a single failure but I could see someone having a feeding issue with the slide when releasing. It was spongy and if I didn't sling shot it, it would need a tap to get it forward. I shot revolvers a lot but 6 rounds in a auto seam to go fast!

the holster rocks I own 3 FS,SC and Comp.......the gun on the other hand was less than stellar

Just placed an order I like the simple holsters! Thanks for the input.

I love my compact .45 its a para warthog though, 10+1 the recoil was straight back for me and shoots accurate. I always feel better about carrying a .45

I really like my N82 holster. It's so comfortable you can hardly feel it. It also fits a variety of pistols. I have a grocery bag full of holsters and this is the one a wear most of the time.

Edited by Will Carry

I picked one up today and ran 200 rounds through it.Only problem is it shoots low.May be me dunno I was feeding it 230 grain federal.

Never had an issue other than that.

Mine does the same. At 6 or 7 yds, about 5 or 6 " low. I've had 3 others shoot mine with the same results. My guess is the short grip (only 2 fingers gripping) causes you to pull it down.

For a pocket gun, I don't think it really matters. Other than that, it is really easy and manageable to shoot.

Mine does the same. At 6 or 7 yds, about 5 or 6 " low. I've had 3 others shoot mine with the same results. My guess is the short grip (only 2 fingers gripping) causes you to pull it down.

For a pocket gun, I don't think it really matters. Other than that, it is really easy and manageable to shoot.

Sounds like a fun shoot. A friend let me run some rounds through his little .380 pocket pistol. I think a KelTek or something. That little guy put holes where I wanted, but worked my fat hands over. The trigger guard kept slapping my trigger finger and ached for quite a while. That experience has me a little skittish with small pocket shooters, but I like SA enough to give that a go.