walmart ammo

Guest Tyson1

There is just something about getting food for the table and food for the rifle and pistol in the same store eh!

Well the way gas prices are, go to one store for almost all shopping needs. Beats runing all over town to diferent places to get what you want and wasting gas.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I use ammo from wal-mart for my shotgun...the rest of my guns I use ammo from Georgia Arms...I stock up when they're at the local gun shows-if I need more, I'll order online.

Guest themark712

Good news for folks in the Antioch/Tusculum/Cane Ridge/East Brentwood area. The new(ish) Wal-Mart on Nolensville Rd. and OHB, which, for whatever reason, did not previously stock pistol ammo, now does!!

Guest EasilyObsessed
Good news for folks in the Antioch/Tusculum/Cane Ridge/East Brentwood area. The new(ish) Wal-Mart on Nolensville Rd. and OHB, which, for whatever reason, did not previously stock pistol ammo, now does!!

Wow, good news. That is much closer to my house than driving all the way down to Cool Springs. I had assumed that because they werent carrying any rifles or shotguns, that they wouldn't ever carry ammo.

Guest offroader1994

I plan to go after work and pick up another 250 rd pack of 9mm. i have not had any problems with wal-mart ammo. been using walmart ammo since i started shooting about 25 years ago. the only difference is that i am buying it now and dad was buying it then. he started me shhoting at about 5 and i have started my daughters shooting at about 5/6 years old. plus i got 5 $10 gift cards from work for walmart.

• 3 weeks later...

Some companies do send lower quality stuff to Wal Mart but I do not think ammo would fall into that.

I have heard that some firearms makers hand select the shipments to Wal Mart.Nothing crappy but they pull the ones that are not quite as nice.

I can tell you that some things that have the same model number are not the same as items bought somewhere else.

I had a Diawa reel (PMF1000 magforce)I was takeing parts from two to make one.The parts were not the same.Found out from a reel repair shop that the Wal Mart models were made cheaper and had different parts inside even though it was the same reel.

I recently went through 50 rounds of a hundred round box of WWB .38 from Wal-Mart with two different wheelers.

Shooting old Charter Arms .38 Undercover, had two failure to fires, one each in two different loadings. Looked at the strike, looked just as deep as on the ones that fired. In both cases, reshot the round and it fired. First thought was that the old gun was maybe not hitting with same force every time.

Then lo and behold, somewhere within 15 shots of a fairly new Ruger SP101, had one shell do same thing. Reshot it and it fired.

Also went through 100 rounds of WWB 9mm in Kahr without probs, though.

So, I dunno...

- OS

I have bought ammo from Wallyworld before and will probably buy there again. Usually when I shoot I go to Gun & Leather and I have found them to be about the same as WM so most of the time I will buy it from Dennis. I would much rather him get the profit than Walmart.

If G&L was a couple of dollars more per box then I would probably have to change my thinking but as long as they are within a dollar per box it's G&L for me.

Guest CaneyFork

i have shot several boxes of blazer 45 acp from wal-mart and have not bhad any problem. but that "s just me my son had some 38"s that had two miss fire rounds out of a charter arms. then tried the same rounds again they fired. i dont think its the gun just a couple bad rounds.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Sounds like total BS to me also...I shot 100 rounds(100 round value pack) of the Winchester 9mm yesterday without any problem and no discernable variation....over the years I have shot many thousands of rounds that came from WM and never suspected they were less than equal quality...some brands are crap no matter where you buy them....:>)

i agree 100% ive shoot 1000s on 1000s of rounds of WM in all different types of calibers and never one problem out of them WM sells the same ammo as all the rest of the rest them they dont send WM the low quality stuff its all the same do you really think that a gun makers or ammo makers would take a chances on getting sued for sending low quality stuff to WM and letting them sell it to the public to have something go wrong

Guest Brian@GunDepot
i will say that i havent found WWB 100-round packs anywhere but walmart

Winchester sells the WWB value packs to wholesalers and therefor to local gun shops, the problem is we're not usually buying a million dollars of it and our cost per box is about what you can buy it for at Walmart retail. :popcorn:

I can say I can sell cheap Blazer ammo in 9mm at about the same price for 100 though (2 50rd boxes). The .40 and .45 are comparable as well. :popcorn:

i will say that i havent found WWB 100-round packs anywhere but walmart

I've seen the 100 round boxes in other places than Wal-Mart, but it's very rare that I've found it cheaper. I purchased a box of .40S&W WWB at Wally World yesterday morning for $25.XX. That's cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else.

99.99% of all range ammo used by myself has been WWB, and I can honestly say that I have never had one single issue.

I buy WWB at Walmart by the case and have been doing so for several years.

Yet as of late I have noticed that the 100 round box has become a 98-99 round box. I hadn't seen that in the past. I would had wrote that off as a fluke if it was one or two boxes, but with my last case all ten boxes were short. :devil:

I buy WWB at Walmart by the case and have been doing so for several years.

Yet as of late I have noticed that the 100 round box has become a 98-99 round box. I hadn't seen that in the past. I would had wrote that off as a fluke if it was one or two boxes, but with my last case all ten boxes were short. :devil:

I don't but it buy the case (usually 100 or 250 round boxes), but I've never noticed the round count being short. That's strange.

Yup it surprised me also.

I was always amazed that the box had 100 rounds loose for all those years and didn't go short or long on the round count.

I use WWB for IDPA and could always load my ten "ten rounders" for the match using a single box.

Now I have a "short" mag. :rolleyes:

the one in manchester only had the main ones, 9mm, .40 and .45acp, and some revolver calibers, no .357sig or 10mm though. hell, the local pawnshop/gun shop only have part of a box of .357sig and i think they might have been some reloads that were traded in.

Guest TheBulldog

I buy the 100 Cnt boxes of Remington (Green Box UMC) in 40 for under 35 bucks W tax in Lebanon and it is good stuff.

Never had an issue.

Oh BTW, JHP 180GR ammo at that.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot .38 Spl, .40 S&W and .380 WWB from Walmart all the time. I have never had any problems with it.

I am not a rabid Walmart fan, but face it, big business is both our government and religion in the USA. It has been that way since John Adams took the presidency, not an invention of this administration. Live with it or live in misery. Look up oligarchy in the dictionary and forget the High School Government class stuff.

It is still the most pleasant country in the world to live in. I know, I have visited most of the others.

In reply to dirty ammo. Ammo is an explosive powder, it burns and leaves residue. Bullets are made of frangible metal, also leave residue. In short, I expect gun to be dirty. As a retired Marine (thirty years) I always clean my weapons and relube them fresh after every firing. Also gives me a chance to check all the critical parts and make sure nothing broke or bent during firing. "Dirty" ammo is just ammo doing its job.

Even "clean" ammo isn't clean enough to neglect cleaning.

BTW. The Walmart in Lafayette is very shooter/hunter friendly. They will order for you if they don't have it. We also have a real nice Guns and Archery Shop (Antlers and Feathers) in town. So those you carping about availability, swing on up to Macon County.

Pretty country with lots of critters too!