Help Support Rory Bricco Bid Against Naifeh

Guest Legally Armed

Guest killemducks
I don't think a public vote on restaurant carry would pass. The public doesn't understand that the people they really need to fear will carry in a restaurant anyway and that the current law just makes them an easier target.

Well said.....We are a Nation of Cowards. Anybody read that document lately?? A Nation of Cowards - Jeffrey R. Snyder wrote it, goes good here.......

Check it out..

http://www.rkba.org/comment/cowards.html

Edited by killemducks
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nraforlife

Heres a thought.. How about a CCW convention in Nashville while the legislation is in session. In TN alone there are 190k holders ( I believe and if my number is wrong - sorry ) and with wifes/girlfriends/significant others thats 380k that could show up. And then let everyone carry into local restaurants in a showing of mass civil disobedience. If the restaurant then asks you to leave we would leave otherwise.... Bet that money and business would win out in most cases.

Heres a thought.. How about a CCW convention in Nashville while the legislation is in session. In TN alone there are 190k holders ( I believe and if my number is wrong - sorry ) and with wifes/girlfriends/significant others thats 380k that could show up. And then let everyone carry into local restaurants in a showing of mass civil disobedience. If the restaurant then asks you to leave we would leave otherwise.... Bet that money and business would win out in most cases.

It has been suggested....didn't meet with a warm response for whatever reason.

Guest canynracer
Maybe because it's a dumb idea to give the other side an example of how packers can't be trusted to obey the law?

not really...he did say CCW (Conceal Carry Weapon) nobody would see it so basically 380K people just dumped a bunch of money into the citys pocket while they voted AGAINST our bills...LOL....

I joke I joke...

really though...I am not big on "rallys" for the cause...I would MUCH rather have those 380k people write Emails to them all at the same time and bring down the mail servers...that will make the news, then other people will be like typcal sheeple, and follow the "flock" thinking that HCP is the new "fad", Covington will also follow, then vote the anti-gun nazi out of his seat...LOL...

sorry computer nerd rant there...carry on

• 1 month later...

Bring this up from the deep hole it was in.:blink: I ran into someone today that said all we need is 4 seats to take the house back from the Dems. He also said that Naifeh dosen't have a chance, this guy only lost by 235 votes or so the last time.

Come on let's keep the heat on him and get him out of office.

Bring this up from the deep hole it was in.;) I ran into someone today that said all we need is 4 seats to take the house back from the Dems. He also said that Naifeh dosen't have a chance, this guy only lost by 235 votes or so the last time.

I mentioned the four vote shift in my post #50 http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79712&postcount=50

I don't know which race Bricco lost by only 235 votes. I do know that in the Ausust 2003 primary race, he lost to John Farmer by 6,661 to 24, 753. Doesn't sound to me like the local folks think much of him.

As I said in my post #46 http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79533&postcount=46, Bricco looks like a dingbat.

Speaker Naifeh ran unopposed last time: http://www.state.tn.us/sos/election/results/2006-11/en7th6799.pdf

So I guess the Haywood and Tipton County GOP actually finding someone to run against him is a step forward, although I will agree with other posters and note Bricco is not a serious contender.

Bring this up from the deep hole it was in.:D I ran into someone today that said all we need is 4 seats to take the house back from the Dems. He also said that Naifeh dosen't have a chance, this guy only lost by 235 votes or so the last time.

Guest Legally Armed

I sent an e-mail message to Rory Bricco to make sure he is in the race. Here is his reply:

<TABLE id=INCREDIMAINTABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=INCREDITEXTREGION dir=ltr vAlign=top width="100%" XSSCleaned="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; DIRECTION: ltr">Gene,

Yes, I am still in the race (fight) my schedule was somewhat overloaded for the past 3 weeks. We are regrouping now and preparing a formal announcement to be sent out across the state. I committed to make this run over 2 years ago and I intend to go the distance. Obviously looking for all the help we can get.

I appreciate your support.

</TD></TR><TR><TD id=INCREDIFOOTER width="100%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=bottom></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=bottom width="100%"><TABLE contentEditable=true width="100%" XSSCleaned="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 3px; WIDTH: 100%; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"><TBODY><TR><TD>

Rory Bricco

81st State House District Candidate

Tennessee

RoryBricco@rorybricco.com

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Here is the link to his website:

http://www.rorybricco.com/

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I hope most of you can help him with a contribution. To replace the Tennessee Speaker of the house Jimmy Naifeh, he must be defeated in his re-election. Don't forget what Emperor Naifeh did with the restuarant carry bill, and other pro-gun proposals. Let's get him our of office.

We could replace Jimmy Naifeh today and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. We need to replace the majority hold the democrats have. We also need to remind our local reps who they represent the next election for speaker.

I wish him well and if I lived in his district I would go out door to door to help him.

• 3 months later...
I mentioned the four vote shift in my post #50 http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79712&postcount=50

I don't know which race Bricco lost by only 235 votes. I do know that in the Ausust 2003 primary race, he lost to John Farmer by 6,661 to 24, 753. Doesn't sound to me like the local folks think much of him.

As I said in my post #46 http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=79533&postcount=46, Bricco looks like a dingbat.

Why do you consider him a dingbat? Is it because of his religious beliefs? If that is the case I would think that inappropiate for a moderator. If there is some other more valid reason please share. I live in Tipton county and Mr. Bricco is far from being a dingbat.

Mods don't get to state their opinion too?

Sharon B. Pollard vs. E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS, INC

"While Pollard was working on “C†shift, one of the assistant operators, Rory Bricco, refused to take direction from plaintiff because she was a woman. He placed a Bible on her desk open to the passage “I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over man. She must be silent.â€

Bricco is a dingbat.

Mods don't get to state their opinion too?

Sharon B. Pollard vs. E.I. DUPONT DE NEMOURS, INC

Bricco is a dingbat.

Is that the same guy for sure Mars? Sounds like it, unless he has a dad there by the same name. His bio says he went to work for a chemical company after HS. If it is him, he cost his company millions, way to go dingbat. :dirty:

Oh and for the record Mars, I give you permission to have an opinion on a candidate for whatever reasons you decide or decide to base your opinions on no reasons at all if you wish, regardless of your moderator status.;)

• 1 month later...
Guest SouthCountryMom

As far as the issue quoted by Marswolf I've been told by co-workers of Mr. Bricco's -- FEMALE co-workers -- that these must've been two separate incidents which Pollard decided to roll into one. These two female co-workers, who are friends of mine, were struggling to recall a particular Bible verse one day and asked Mr. Bricco what verse it was so they could look it up. Pollard, who was listening, spoke up and said that she didn't believe the Bible said this at all.

One day soon thereafter, I was told by these friends of mine, Pollard brought in this huge family Bible and dropped it down in front of Mr. Bricco and told him to find the verse, which he did. That was all there was to the story, I am told.

Another witness said that the other accusation was nothing like Pollard recounted if she was referring to the same incident this witness recalls. Pollard, who seemed to be in a bad mood that evening, told Mr. Bricco to get a sample and he asked her why. Turns out he'd already gotten the sample and taken it to the lab and his reason for asking was to find out if another sample was indeed needed or whether the one he'd already taken would suffice.

According to this witness Pollard told Bricco that she didn't have to tell him why. He stood his ground and told her that he had a reason for asking her and wasn't asking in order to be contrary. She snapped at him, "Because I said so!" Bricco then explained that he'd already gotten and delivered the sample and wasn't of a mind to climb the tower again for another one unless there was a valid reason for a second one. The witness told me that Pollard looked as if she became livid but no more words were spoken.

Being raised in the community closest to the plant we're discussing I have had many friends, schoolmates and friends' parents who have worked at the same plant. I've been in the homes of 3 of the women who worked closely with Mr. Bricco as they are friends of mine, including the two witnesses to the Bible incident. As you can imagine the case was a topic of discussion for the workers for a while there and I was privy to conversations they had with each other in my hearing as well as to me personally. THEY didn't get along with, and were mistreated by, Ms. Pollard as well and they got along fine with Mr. Bricco and liked him very much. They maintain that he was supportive and kind to them on the job. Pollard wasn't well liked because she was said by those I know to be aggressive and abusive to her co-workers, male and female alike. But they said she'd SURE get mad if you stood up to her and she'd run off with some story about you to management. It wasn't long before it was hard for people to feel friendly toward her and I'm sure that she did feel unliked in the work place and I'm sure she had some issues with co-workers as a result of what I've heard her attitude to have been.

It is sad that hearsay was used as testimony in the later appeals without Mr. Bricco having a chance to know his name was used or to call forward these witnesses for his defense. It saddens me greatly that someone can fabricate stories and have them presented without your knowledge so that they become public record.

Remember, I have talked with THE PEOPLE who were involved and on the scene. Several of them. Did you also note in the transcript that one of the females called to witness took the stand and said that Ms. Pollard was lying and that she had not ever received the treatment which Ms. Pollard had claimed she'd been subjected to?

Seems that this group of 'freedom fighters' on this board, who have dealt with the 'propaganda press' would be some of the first to recognize that you can't believe everything that's printed just 'cause it's printed. I'm a little disappointed with the closed mindedness I've found here. There are many who would (and do) call you dingbats because you believe in the right to keep and bear arms. And here you have a good man with his name and neck out on a limb to try to support what you believe in and all you can do is embrace hearsay about someone you've never even met and smear him and label him?

By the way, the word on the street is that his campaign is doing very well. If he wins, he'll be there for you.

Edited by SouthCountryMom
proof read and edited accordingly