RTF Fish Gills Glock!?

graycrait

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now I am not going to hit it with the grip reduction tools although every Glock should have a radius cut where the trigger guard meets the grip. That RTF is some bad ass texture. I've read that it will eat through clothes, upholstery and your bare skin. But for a service pistol ready for "wet" hands it would be pretty good. The fish gills don't bother me or enthrall me. Seems like they should have reversed the curve direction of the gills. Its a Glock 9mm - I can live with it.

I had a twin to that one minus the night sights a few months back. No matter how much I try I'm unable to get comfortable with a Glock. Maybe I need to try one with the grip reduced under the trigger guard. I love the look of the RTF though.

RTF2 came out in 2009 then went away in mid 2010 if my timeline is correct. The fish gills weren't out too long, being replaced by standard serrations on RTF2 frames. Gen 4 replaced RTF2. I read that RTF2 can still be available for military or LEO contract, not sure about that. Gen 4 seems a suitable replacement.

Nice pistol, at first I thought it was a Gen 4 modellbut then took a closer look at the backstrap. The Gen 4 G-17/22 are a pretty good duty pistol set up and are pretty much debugged by now. As for the comment by FIST, I can't disagree with him on it because there are thing's l like and don't like in the Glock platforms myself. I would however suggest trying a Ruger SR9 as another option to those who dislike the Glock, I'm very suprised with the improved ergonomics and handling of the Ruger.

I have a "fish gills" G22. The only issue is that it snags clothing. Other than that, I really like the feel of it. I've heard people complain about sore hands etc... but I don't find it too abrasive. I generally have "light" callouses on my hands from lifting weights without gloves and mountain biking keeps them built up a little too. Even though earn my income by talking and pushing papers, nearly everything I do for fun is active.

Edited by JReedEsq
Guest The Dude

i carry a g23 that is an RTF, hand have for the past 2 yrs. or so. i dont think its hangs on my shirts or bothers my skin. for me, its a non issue. but overall, i think its a great grip. and i havent found a grip that surpasses this one IMO on any polymer framed pistol.

i dont think its hangs on my shirts or bothers my skin. for me, its a non issue. but overall, i think its a great grip. and i havent found a grip that surpasses this one IMO on any polymer framed pistol.

I'll qualify what I said earlier about snagging clothing by saying that it only bothers me only when wearing a suit jacket or sport coat. It seems to stick to my jacket a little bit which doesn't help concealment. I don't have this problem at all with my 4th Gen 17. In casual clothing it's not an issue an it doesn't bother my skin at all. the RTF 22 is usually what I carry when hiking in the fall and winter and it hasn't caused any skin irritation on long hikes.

Guest The Dude

i could see it snagging on finer materials. especially when new. some shirts i wear it will hang on it if its a soft material, but i open carry so i dont really have it making a lot of contact with my clothes. for some people, it may irritate their skin. i find the texture to be a plus for me. i have rough hands and dont mind the tiny spikes, but actually welcome them.