Click It Or Ticket

Guest GUTTERbOY

Guest atomemphis

Seat belt laws don't save lives, and to think so is absurd.

Keeping people from speeding through neighborhoods, educating drivers on defensive driving, and enforcing existing laws (speeding, stop signs, stoplights) does.

Seat belts only help in the event of a crash. They don't prevent one. In the event of a crash, like airbags, they are only marginally useful - it depends on how the accident happened.

Thanks, but I'd rather be thrown from the car unconscious, rather than being pinned inside it when it bursts into flames. (I wear my seatbelt mind you, just an example)

If I am required by law to wear one, should officers? They are not, it impedes there ability to get out of the car quickly. Heaven forbid, Joe Common-man ever needs to get out quickly.

Legislate something useful that endangers others: Cellphones and text messaging. Reading. Applying makeup.

Me wearing a seatbelt won't save your life, so why do you care?

Insurance rates. Its money related. Tax money revenue for the state/city as well.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest atomemphis

I agree. Don't tell me to be safe, I'll wear my helmet because I choose to. Survival of the fittest only works providing the gov't doesn't interfere.

"Thanks, but I'd rather be thrown from the car unconscious, rather than being pinned inside it when it bursts into flames. (I wear my seatbelt mind you, just an example)

If I am required by law to wear one, should officers? They are not, it impedes there ability to get out of the car quickly. Heaven forbid, Joe Common-man ever needs to get out quickly."

Well, I would love for someone to show evidence that someone is better off thrown from the car. I have never seen this to be true, but I hear this myth all the time. Also, at my department we are required to wear our seatbelts and we do so.

I wear seatbelts most of the time. I despise the govment telling me I must, and using it to generate revenue.

That's pretty much it, except that I wear seat belts all the time in the car. It's not legitimate for the government to force me to be smart. In fact I see it as evolution in action. If you are dumb enough to not wear the belts, I hope you die before you breed.

Guest Phantom6
That's pretty much it, except that I wear seat belts all the time in the car. It's not legitimate for the government to force me to be smart. In fact I see it as evolution in action. If you are dumb enough to not wear the belts, I hope you die before you breed.

+1 on the death prior to breeding. I wear mine all the time and make passengers wear them to as I don't want to get sued by someones grieving widow or mother. If they don't want to wear them that's OK. It'll just take them longer to walk. IMHO the gubment has no business telling me that I need to be smart enough to protect myself unless I am under 18 years of age. After that, as an adult I should be on my own. Some say that it is due to rising insurance costs because so many times insurance companies or the state end up tending the vegitable garden. Hey, if it were up to me, the only thing I would say about wearing seat belts in autos or helments on bikes would be that if you choose not to do so you would be automaticlly be considered a DNR. If you didn't think enough of yourself to protect your life I shouldn't be made to pay for it and if the only reason you are alive is the fact that the hospital paid the electric bill, you are SOL.

Guest atomemphis
Thank-you for that word definition, you are such a pal. I spent 7 years with the largest dept in Tennessee and we were required to wear our seatbelts.

Oh where's the tongue in cheek smiley when i need it....

Guest Centennial

I always use my seatbelt and have done so since I started driving in 1969. I am not annoyed by the reminders on TV. That is what the "clicker" is for!B)

Guest Glknknox

I could care less, I always wear mine anyway.

There are way more commercials that iratate me more those.

In fact all of them....I hate commercials:D

Guest CleanSeries80

i don't feel it should be a justifiable primary offense since officers do have better things to be doing, but could be cited as a secondary violation if you admit to not wearing it.