We keep letting this idiot insult Israel. What's going to happen?

Guest 6.8 AR

as for backing Israel, do we want to sit by and do nothing? Does anyonenot think that the next target would be the US?

Now jumping ahead, would it be possible to hack the targeting software Iran will use to hit Israel and redirect a missile right back at Iran?

Guest ThePunisher

as for backing Israel, do we want to sit by and do nothing? Does anyonenot think that the next target would be the US?

Now jumping ahead, would it be possible to hack the targeting software Iran will use to hit Israel and redirect a missile right back at Iran?

Well, I guess if it's possible for them to disable one of our drones, then it might be possible to send the missile back with the message of "Send To Returner".

I've seen it done in a movie once. In reality, probably a "no".

Well, I guess if it's possible for them to disable one of our drones, then it might be possible to send the missile back with the message of "Send To Returner".

That was propaganda. They didn't disable jack squat. Drones crash sometimes, just like planes and helicopters with real people in them.

Edited by TMF

This IS Iran Mike. Some 19 year old from MIT could rewrite that software in a separate window of his computer without interrupting his current game of World of Warcraft while eating a slice of pizza and knocking back a Mt. Dew.

Loss of lif is never funny, but come on! How funny would that be for an Iranian missile to launch and right when it burns half it's fuel, do a 180 and head back home. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Honestly there are two sides to every story. Will Iran try to nuke Isreal? Most likely. Should we get involved? Not in my opinion. We should give aid, but not military aid. The Middle East is a giant blood feud and we need to stay out of it.
If Israel is destroyed (which is the stated purpose of every country that surrounds it) the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia will destabilize....can you say $20+/gallon for gasoline (if you can find any to buy)? I knew you could.

As goes the Middle East so will go Europe and if Europe is destabilized the U.S. will be also( assuming a lack of cheep oil, and a completely worthless currency hasn't already done the job).

We can't hide from what happens in Europe or the Middle East just because we are geographically distant.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Moderators

Our real problem is that we keep ourselves trapped in the middle east because we keep ourselves beholden to the hippies and NIMBYs that won't let us pursue energy independence. I think they would rather our boys keep dying in deserts so that they can have a war to protest against rather than have more oil platforms off the coast. So called "green technology" is a ####ing joke, but nobody wants to admit it. Hell, if I went down to the beach and couldn't see the horizon for all the oil rigs, I'd look at it as a thing of beauty as long as we weren't having to be on our knees sucking the Arabian #### for one more drop of crude.

Edited by Chucktshoes
Our real problem is that we keep ourselves trapped in the middle east because we keep ourselves beholden to the hippies and NIMBYs that won't let us pursue energy independence. I think they would rather our boys keep dying in deserts so that they can have a war to protest against rather than have more oil platforms off the coast. So called "green technology" is a ####ing joke, but nobody wants to admit it. Hell, if I went down to the beach and couldn't see the horizon for all the oil rigs, I'd look at it as a thing of beauty as long as we weren't having to be on our knees sucking the Arabian #### for one more drop of crude.

I agree, but unfortunately this is the world we exist in. I would love for some high speed American scientist to develop a new form of fuel that we could run our economy off of so we could let the mid east to back to what it was 100 years ago when nobody cared and they couldn't afford a pot to piss in. For now, this is our reality.

If Israel is destroyed (which is the stated purpose of every country that surrounds it) the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia will destabilize....can you say $20+/gallon for gasoline (if you can find any to buy)? I knew you could.

As goes the Middle East so will go Europe and if Europe is destabilized the U.S. will be also( assuming a lack of cheep oil, and a completely worthless currency hasn't already done the job).

We can't hide from what happens in Europe or the Middle East just because we are geographically distant.

Explain to me how Isreal determines our oil prices? I may just have missed something major but I don't see how Isreal has anything to do with oil.
Explain to me how Isreal determines our oil prices? I may just have missed something major but I don't see how Isreal has anything to do with oil.
I didn't say anything about Israel having anything to do with oil or oil prices...my point was that if our only true ally in the Middle East (Israel) and our psudo-ally Saudi Arabia falls then only those Muslims who hate the West and the U.S. in particular will control all oil coming out of the Middle East...whether it comes out at all...who it goes too and at what price.

I didn't say anything about Israel having anything to do with oil or oil prices...my point was that if our only true ally in the Middle East (Israel) and our psudo-ally Saudi Arabia falls then only those Muslims who hate the West and the U.S. in particular will control all oil coming out of the Middle East...whether it comes out at all...who it goes too and at what price.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Possibly, Midwest US gets a majority of shale and sand hydrocarbons, most of ours is from the Gulf. Comes from all over. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, which is becoming a useless app.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I thought we got the majority of our oil from Canada.

US Energy Information Administration, as of June, crude oil only

OPEC: ~ 130,000,000 bbl per month

Canada:~ 73,000,000 bbl per month

All non OPEC: ~140,000,000 bbl per month

Total import: ~270,000.000 bbl per month

http://www.eia.gov/d..._im0_mbbl_m.htm

We're still importing around half the crude oil we process. I didn't say "consume" because we actually EXPORT some gasoline, jet fuel, whatever.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest ThePunisher

The middle east is important to the whole world due to global economies that is fueled by the life blood of middle east oil. We've known this since OPEC blackmailed the world in '72, and yet we've still not come up with an energy independent policy. The US is the strength of the world that ensures the flow of this precious commodity that keeps the engines of economies operating. Without the US military strength, the world would be dependent on the mercy of the Russians and Chineese.

I thought we got the majority of our oil from Canada.

It wouldn't matter if we got 100% of our oil from Canada. OPEC can still control the market price of a barrel, unless Canada doesn't take advantage of the market and subsidizes their oil to us, which is not likely.

Unless we're getting it domesticaly, we are subject to what the market says a barrel of oil is worth. If the oil producing nations of the Islamic world decided they want to twist our elbow into our ear, then we are screwed. This is why we have an interest there. If that changes it will be a very good thing. Even if we stopped getting oil directly from the middle east, we still would be getting it through a third party that likely got it from that region. As much as we have hit Iran with sancitons, there is a good chance that many of us have filled our trucks with fuel derrived from the dirty Persians in the past year. So, no matter what, the mid East still depends on American gluttony to survive. If we were removed from the equation they would fade into global insignificance again, even with China and Russia buying from them.

A third logical "choice" is that Jesus never existed at all, since there is zero documentation of this Nazarene fellow during his purported life time.

- OS

LOL internet wasnt invented yet , therefore you couldnt google it, so therefore it never happened. strange way of lookin at it but if it works for you ok lol

Wouldn't the generation clock start in '67?

That is when Jerusalem was reclaimed from the arabs?

It is interesting to read Ezekial 38-39 and see how it appears to point to modern times. A time of cities without walls. Isreal is surrounded on all sides by enemies vowing to destroy it and kill everyone.

The muslim brotherhood is calling for a global caliphate with al quedz as the capital. Al quedz is what they call jerusalem.

I fear a big nasty war is brewing. Look for the pale horse.

I agree, but unfortunately this is the world we exist in. I would love for some high speed American scientist to develop a new form of fuel that we could run our economy off of so we could let the mid east to back to what it was 100 years ago when nobody cared and they couldn't afford a pot to piss in. For now, this is our reality.

I think that would be great if some American scientists were allowed to get on that train. I'd really be tickled if our

current group of pols in thi admin woulod get the Hell out of the way and open our lands up to use our own resourxes.

We have plenty to do that. But that is dreaming.Really, the science isn't necessary with all the hydrocarbons we have

available. I think anything really technologically advanced is still decades away.

Things seem to be heating up, still, in the middle east. Drudgereport has a bunch of links of stuff happening right now.

Things just don't look promising for anything short of more conflict, right now.

Damn! I'm still high. :confused::D