Anti Islamic video compared to religulous?

Sam1

Seen this pop up on Drudge and it aises a very interesting point.

http://www.breitbart...Islam-Filmmaker

If the white house is so disgusted with this youtube video, I wonder what the official stance is on Bill Maher's movie that he made a few years back, where the entire movie mocks Christianity as well as Islam and references many religions. After all, he did make a substantial donation to the campaign.

I think this accusation of "shoot first and aim later" needs to be changed to "oh darnit, I just shot myself in the foot...... again"

Edited by Sam1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Bill Maher is just a douche that gives Atheists and other non religious folk a bad name, every non religious person I've met above the age of 19 can't stand the guy. Heres how it is, you have the right to be offended, you have the right to voice your opinion, but nothing more, people can talk all the #### about your beliefs that they want, they can drag the American flag through the dirt if they want, they can throw the Holy Bible, Qur'an and Torah in the bon fire and burn em all at once, and you can be offended, you can voice your opinion but thats it, you cannot stop them, those things, no matter how important to you they are, are their possesions and they can do with them as they please. Same with movies and other media, the maker can say what he wants, do what he wants, you can turn it off if you don't like it.

Freedom of speech seems to be such a forign concept to these folks and although I have seen a few good ones we cannot keep holding them up, pull out, shut the embasy down, no more support for Libya, let em tear themselves apart and rebuild anew, if the majority of the population wants a democracy then it will come.

The US needs a degree of isolationism right now, we need to dig a path out of this hole we've been feverishly digging deeper for the past 100 years, I hate that national disasters occure, I hate to see other countries torn apart, but unless they are our close allies then we should not be spending billions helping them, let the citizens of the United States donate to the red cross and other similar groups if they want to help, the government has no place in it.

Freedom of speech seems to be such a forign concept to these folks and although I have seen a few good ones we cannot keep holding them up, pull out, shut the embasy down, no more support for Libya, let em tear themselves apart and rebuild anew, if the majority of the population wants a democracy then it will come.

And leave all of that Libyan sweet crude in the ground for China or Russia to get...don't hold your breath.

And leave all of that Libyan sweet crude in the ground for China or Russia to get...don't hold your breath.

I think it is more strategically significant to the Italians and the French. They can get their hands dirty to keep the global costs down and keep getting their supply. I promise that if we cut all ties with Libya (to include any "humanitarian" funding) Europe would pick up the slack in a heartbeat. We shouldn't let opportunities like that pass us by. F*** Libya, let's pack up shop. It's not like we have to go through the trouble of recalling our Ambassador there or anything. The Libyans were nice enough to do that for us.

Well Bill Maher is just a douche that gives Atheists and other non religious folk a bad name, every non religious person I've met above the age of 19 can't stand the guy. Heres how it is, you have the right to be offended, you have the right to voice your opinion, but nothing more, people can talk all the #### about your beliefs that they want, they can drag the American flag through the dirt if they want, they can throw the Holy Bible, Qur'an and Torah in the bon fire and burn em all at once, and you can be offended, you can voice your opinion but thats it, you cannot stop them, those things, no matter how important to you they are, are their possesions and they can do with them as they please. Same with movies and other media, the maker can say what he wants, do what he wants, you can turn it off if you don't like it.

The US needs a degree of isolationism right now, we need to dig a path out of this hole we've been feverishly digging deeper for the past 100 years, I hate that national disasters occure, I hate to see other countries torn apart, but unless they are our close allies then we should not be spending billions helping them, let the citizens of the United States donate to the red cross and other similar groups if they want to help, the government has no place in it.

I totally agree with you. Our massive dollar support doesn't seem to be buying much influence or peace anymore.

As far as still being totally dependent on foreign oil and alternative energy...

The oil industry is rife with money and uses it's influence with mammoth political contributions and lobbyists to suppress cheap efficient alternative energy.

With now over seven billion hungry people populating the planet, growing "food" and using it as expensive energy is totally ludicrous. With starving people throughout the world, the cost of fuel to plant, harvest, fertilize, process and transport corn / soybean into usable fuel is an exceptionally dumb idea. When a gallon of cow's milk costs 3-4 times the price of gas, tell me someone's not milking the system.

The middle East and the oil conglomerates have us in a well lay-ed strangle hold and it's well past time to break our ties and become energy independent. Hell, we went to the moon decades ago, computers are evolving exponentially not to mention other technology, and no substantial progress is being made in solar, wind and other alternative technologies? That reeks of conspiracy to me!