TGO Table at shows

Guest Nunya

Similar to the "trade blanket assemblage" idea posted earlier, I was wondering if we could collectively get a few adjacent tables at a show, just to trade a gun or two each.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Implications?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, beware of using TGO name. We can do anything organized as members, but using the TGO name or brand is a no no. If you bought the tables and just used screen names as name tags that could be fine, but advertising it as a TGO table, could be across the line.

TGODavid may be several days before he chimes in, but I'd wait for his reply before doing anything.

Yes, beware of using TGO name. We can do anything organized as members, but using the TGO name or brand is a no no. If you bought the tables and just used screen names as name tags that could be fine, but advertising it as a TGO table, could be across the line.

TGODavid may be several days before he chimes in, but I'd wait for his reply before doing anything.

Everyone above is correct. The name tngunowners.com, the logo, etc. are exclusively owned by David and not to be used without his permission and all that other legal stuff that comes along with it. If you intended to ask this would be a bad time to try and get an answer.

• Admin Team

I can pretty much put the kibosh on an official TGO table at shows, as I'm certain there are liability issues for corporate participants at gunshows that would come into play.

That said, if you're looking to get a personal table at shows, feel free to post it in the events section and let everyone know about it. If other members want to share the cost and participate, then y'all can work out the details privately.

I can pretty much put the kibosh on an official TGO table at shows, as I'm certain there are liability issues for corporate participants at gunshows that would come into play.

That said, if you're looking to get a personal table at shows, feel free to post it in the events section and let everyone know about it. If other members want to share the cost and participate, then y'all can work out the details privately.

Fair enough. Thank you for the use of the venue to put something together.

I just read the rules for the "Bill Goodman" shows and that's out. Having attended many of their shows, they must not care about the rules, but they're posted anyway.

There's nothing posted against sharing a table (sub-letting is prohibited), but they require background checks by private sellers through FFL's onsite.

Don't see how they can require something that isn't legally necessary.

I just read the rules for the "Bill Goodman" shows and that's out. Having attended many of their shows, they must not care about the rules, but they're posted anyway.

There's nothing posted against sharing a table (sub-letting is prohibited), but they require background checks by private sellers through FFL's onsite.

their show, their rules. They require you to remove your gun, unload it, and let them manhandle it with tie wraps at most shows, that is not legally necessary either. You can still stand outside the show to trade, or set up shop in your car and sell out of the trunk in the parking lot. With your loaded weapon on you. If you do not want to deal with the stupid rules at gun shows, don't.

I've actually posted about this before. Thought it would be a good idea to have organize TGO tables at local gun shows throughout TN to advertise and get new paying benefactors/members. Never heard a word back about it. It was so long ago I nearly completely forgot.

So if I take a gun to sell at the Goodman show, I will have to have a transfer done thru a FFL?

• 4 weeks later...

So if I take a gun to sell at the Goodman show, I will have to have a transfer done thru a FFL?

Best I can understand their rules, if you get a table there, you have to pay another dealer to do the FFL. I don't think they attempt to regulate hand-to-hand transactions by non-table buyers.

Guest rebeldrummer

It's my assumption that anyone can get a table there....just need to go through the proper channels. No FFL needed. So I would not see a problem with members getting together on thier on terms and proceeding? Split the cost....schedule shifts. Might be a logistical nightmare....there is something to be said about too many hands in the pie :)

Keeping up with who brought who....what is bottom dollar deal....details about items..and so on and so on.

That all being said...I think it would be a great platform to get some stuff sold.

Best I can understand their rules, if you get a table there, you have to pay another dealer to do the FFL. I don't think they attempt to regulate hand-to-hand transactions by non-table buyers.

You can do personal firearm sales from a table. The promoter doesn't care. Any legal hassle would be on you, not him.

- OS

Would it be bad if we developed a way to identify each other such as a name tag with TGO on it without our names? Just trying to meet some people from here and I'm sure the local shows are crawling with us but we really have no way to determine who is who in a crowded show.
[quote name='speedkilz420' timestamp='1351949579' post='838293']Would it be bad if we developed a way to identify each other such as a name tag with TGO on it without our names? Just trying to meet some people from here and I'm sure the local shows are crawling with us but we really have no way to determine who is who in a crowded show.[/quote]

Do it, if any of the guys I know see you I'm sure they'll speak up.

Go to the guy in the far back right corner. Big red "Reloading Supplies" that's David, goo place to start
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Jonnin' timestamp='1349283343' post='823645']
their show, their rules. They require you to remove your gun, unload it, and let them manhandle it with tie wraps at most shows, that is not legally necessary either. You can still stand outside the show to trade, or set up shop in your car and sell out of the trunk in the parking lot. With your loaded weapon on you. If you do not want to deal with the stupid rules at gun shows, don't.
[/quote]

Really?? WOW. I never new they could do that with what they don't see. I've never been patted down at any gun show.
[quote name='Lumber_Jack' timestamp='1351949951' post='838294']

Do it, if any of the guys I know see you I'm sure they'll speak up.

Go to the guy in the far back right corner. Big red "Reloading Supplies" that's David, goo place to start
[/quote]

Well I didn't make it to the last one but looks like I might spend my "black Friday" money in Knoxville this weekend. Ill be sure to think of some kind of way to identify myself as a "TGO'er" before Friday.