I think, on the old 4473, and I had to tell the

licensee to do it that way.

No one is suggesting to break the law, just venting

how ridiculous it is. Actually, if you have to write the

ATF to understand the law, it isn't much more than

a bunch of what ET says.

I think we should all be writing letters to our reps in

the House and senate, along with to the NRA to get

the restrictions like this repealed. It is stupid law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first lower was transferred as "other receiver"

I think, on the old 4473, and I had to tell the

licensee to do it that way.

No one is suggesting to break the law, just venting

how ridiculous it is. Actually, if you have to write the

ATF to understand the law, it isn't much more than

a bunch of what ET says.

I think we should all be writing letters to our reps in

the House and senate, along with to the NRA to get

the restrictions like this repealed. It is stupid law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

I have spoke to the same person at the ATF for a few years now. I call pretty regularly and we talk about life as well as the gun world. I will say that they want all the nonsense to end as well. It was said they can't even make verbal opinions anymore because the laws are so confusing to them and they are the ones enforcing the rules.

The person also said we need to be beating our representatives up over several issues. First being the hiring freeze placed on the ATF by the administration. People are retiring every single day and they are not hiring replacements. Yes they are hiring temporary workers but they cannot do what needs to be done to decrease the wait times. Those have retired, and not been replaced, are the single reason why the wait times have doubled in a little over a year and there are plenty more scheduled to retire in the next year so wait times are likely to increase substantially.

Secondly, they all want a better, but more importantly a quick, way to do background checks. Maybe a grassroots movement in which we write and call our reps is in order. To have the ATF automate the process would be great. Basically run it the same way as a title 1 check except for NFA items. After the first extensive background check you get issued a "express" card so you can walk in, buy the NFA items and walk out that day. To cover the cost of automation I would gladly pay an extra $50 or $100 just to be able to have my item when I pay for it. It can be done it is just the ATF's budget has been frozen and our representatives are the only ones who can lift it.

In the end I honestly see NFA stuff no longer being sold. The reason is with the slow process and low tax colledcted the system is costing more tax dollars than it is generating. If they automated it, or just hired a bunch more agents, so people can purchase them more often it would no longer be a burden financially.

Dolomite

Again no one suggested breaking the law. Dolomite you may be buddies with one guy but I know for a fact if I call 5 BATF guys I can get 5 different answers. Making absolute statements on opinion of contradicting laws does not make it fact or enforceable.

Everything posted here and that I've read over the last couple years disagrees with your opinion and your ATF buddies counsel. That does not advocate breaking law.

Problem is just what you stated. Agents don't know the law because its like IRS code, following one law you break another.

The BATF is not underfunded our undemanded, they are doing exactly what an unconstitutional bureaucracy does; suck resources and make legal citizens criminals.

I don't want to cross them any more than their counterparts at the IRS for the same reason.

However, I will not be held hostage to their whims and loose interpretations of arbitrary code.

So you are saying a rifle can be made into a pistol? If so you are, without a doubt, 100% wrong.

A title 1 firearm was originally sold or configured as a rifle it will forever be a rifle.

How often do you talk or have contact with the ATF? They are not some evil entity that is there to ruin lives, shoot your dog and screw your wife. They are there to enforce laws and as long as a person stays within the letter of the law they will not make that legal citizen a criminal. And if someone has a question regarding the law then contact them. They are not going to come kick their door down for asking questions.

Dolomite

So you are saying a rifle can be made into a pistol? If so you are, without a doubt, 100% wrong.

A title 1 firearm was originally sold or configured as a rifle it will forever be a rifle.

How often do you talk or have contact with the ATF? They are not some evil entity that is there to ruin lives, shoot your dog and screw your wife. They are there to enforce laws and as long as a person stays within the letter of the law they will not make that legal citizen a criminal. And if someone has a question regarding the law then contact them. They are not going to come kick their door down for asking questions.

Dolomite

Please re-read. You are the only one that has made that an issue. Quit assuming. Where is a title 1 firearm receiver registered? No where. Only factory made title 1 firearms are listed or verifiable as one or the other. Your are mixing two different issues.

So, if the precept of the law is unknowable, unprovable, and unenforceable the rest of the law is likewise and subject to what we have now - interpretation.

There is no letter of the law here.

This has been hashed to death already and I am putting an end to it.

If a person has any doubts about the law do your own research. If you are still unclear then contact the powers that be for an answer.

Do not rely on information on the internet, no matter how the so called expert potrays himself, the expert you rely on might cause you to loose your liberty.

Dolomite

• Like 2