50 BMG v/s Bridge & Support Steel (4 layers)!

JohnC

I had a little fun plinking this weekend with the AR50-A1 and some Armor Piercing Incendiary.

For a target, my uncle got a section of steel I-Beam they use in bridge construction and another chunk of steel he said they use for signs and I think support in structures.

We weren't sure if the 50cal would go through 4 layers of steel, but much to our shock, it did!

Here I am taking the shot. The target is all the way down in front of the tree line.

Excuse my excitement in this one, but I was just in shock of the power this round has!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B0vR7AQb44&feature=colike

9ebeqa7e.jpg

e3ezymy6.jpg

eqeqa6eq.jpg

6yru8a4e.jpg

yvaru8uq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you shoot at? I didn't see a flash on your video from the api round going off but your other video shows the burn marks on the steel..

I was at my uncles place out in in Ashland City. :)

For the flash, that might of been because the iPhone video sucks and can't catch it? I heard a second boom after I fired it at least. :)

Guest drv2fst

JohnC,

Nice shooting. Thanks for the post. I did like seeing the resulting .50 hole through 4 layers of steel.

My only criticism is your video editing. You should cut the first 40 seconds of the shooting vid where we are forced to watch you wiggle your rear while we pray a round will eventually be fired. :)

BTW: I'm also in the boro and if you promise not ask me to watch video of your rear again, I'd love to go shooting sometime.

Edited by drv2fst

JohnC,

Nice shooting. Thanks for the post. I did like seeing the resulting .50 hole through 4 layers of steel.

My only criticism is your video editing. You should cut the first 40 seconds of the shooting vid where we are forced to watch you wiggle your rear while we pray a round will eventually be fired. :)

BTW: I'm also in the boro and if you promise not ask me to watch video of your rear again, I'd love to go shooting sometime.

All my videos suck like that. :(

The wife doesn't know when I'm going to fire and I'm too lazy to chop down the video.

The wife must think getting the rear in the video is a bonus. LOL

When I get time to go shoot again, I'll send you and Johnny PM. :)

• Like 1

I showed my buddy this video right after he bought his Barrett, then I bought mine, he told me to never bring steel out to his place and shoot it, I showen him some of my videos of API flash's and the holes it put into 1" steel plate, guess who's got API now, too funny...

I'm sure some of these shots caused shrapnel and whatnot down range. Glad nothing came back like in that video! :cool:

Edited by JohnC
  • 3 weeks later...
Few more shooting at another uncles in Erin, TN.

We had a paper target up on the hill and that last 2 shots before it was shredded and gone, so we started shooting at the log. I was still sighting in as I ran out of time Friday to do it with the new scope, so it was hitting a little off. I got it zeroed almost dead on before I left, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmpXY9UynxQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLJa5W02v50

One from the range this past Friday sighting in the SWFA SS 20x42 MRAD.

I wanted to post it just because you could see some fire come out of the muzzle brake. lol :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvZhNXPu7v4

(Sorry I didn't get ahold of anyone to come shoot, but figured since I went on Friday to Terry's at about 11am, all of you would be at work still).

Edited by JohnC