Military discounts on AR

midtennchip

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='midtennchip' timestamp='1352503784' post='842761']I have a colleague who is a former Navy SEAL. He is finally looking to buy an AR. I am trying to help him track down a shop that offers any of the military discount programs. Does anyone know who (if anyone) is handling military discounts on an AR?

Thanks,

Chip[/quote]

He is a former SEAL and doesn't already have one. How unusual.

I don't think you will find many shops that offer military discounts to folks who aren't active or reserve.
[quote name='graycrait' timestamp='1352506140' post='842779']I know a shop that gives active, reserve, retired military, active teachers, local university students, fire fighters and LEO (retired with creds) discounts.[/quote]

Ha, yeah. I was thinking that, but it doesn't work for guys like me who prematurely jumped ship. I always get funny looks when buying there:

You military? No.
Law enforcement? No.
Fire fighter? No.
EMT? No.
Really???
Murfreesboro Pawn and Gun...the guy who runs it is former military and can order and has some in stock.....gives a good discount I cant remember if it's 12% (not sure but that sounds right) over his cost.....really nice guy to deal with...pretty sure he gives it if your prior service too Edited by wildcat56
[quote name='Capt. Thunder' timestamp='1352514588' post='842859']
Bud's gun shop. Look in the "police supply" section
[/quote]

Have you used the discount as a former militarty member?

The reason I ask is I think I contacted them and asked if they provide discounts to former military and was told no. This has been a few years back though.

Dolomite
[quote name='Capt. Thunder' timestamp='1352514588' post='842859']
Bud's gun shop. Look in the "police supply" section
[/quote]

Yeah, I saw that and it does say retired military are eligible on their website. We were just hoping someone local had a similar program. Edited by midtennchip
[quote name='midtennchip' timestamp='1352519690' post='842906']
Yeah, I saw that and it does say retired military are eligible on their website. We were just hoping someone local had a similar program.
[/quote]
I don't know how local your looking for but theres a small shop in Murfreesboro that has really good prices anyways but i think also offers LEO and Military discounts. The name is Pointe Blank Firearms and i don't know the exact address but its on Park avenue. I've got a business card in my truck some where with their info. I'll run and see if i can find it and get back if i do.
[quote name='Luke Edwards' timestamp='1352523893' post='842953']
I don't know how local your looking for but theres a small shop in Murfreesboro that has really good prices anyways but i think also offers LEO and Military discounts. The name is Pointe Blank Firearms and i don't know the exact address but its on Park avenue. I've got a business card in my truck some where with their info. I'll run and see if i can find it and get back if i do.
[/quote]

Now well don't i feel dumb! I'm staying at my in-laws tonight because we have a funeral to be at tomorrow and we didn't drive my truck so no card. I'm sure you can google it though.
Guest robin.kempton

Smith and Wesson M&P series weapons will give you a $50.00 rebate on pistols and a $100.00 rebate on the M&P rifles as well, as long as you can show them a copy of your ID card by 31 Dec 2012. So far I have bought the M&P 40 cal Pro Series pistol and just did buy the M&P 15 OR and just sent in the rebate for it as well. In return for the thank you's that I sent they have sent me a Smith and Wesson M&P ACU patterned hat and a Smith and Wesson challenge coin thanking me for my service. I think that they do offer the Military and the Police pretty good incentives to buy their products and I for one really appreciate it. :up: