Sad day for hunters (around here)

Guest Southern Christian Armed

This beast tried to wrestle the front end of my truck last night. Good news is I saved all meat except one shoulder. I hate to hit any animal especially this...

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t76/jps37033/deer.jpg[/img]
Not to mention he stunck BAD. He was so in rut his inside back legs were real dark and stunck of pee soooo bad make you gag. His neck was swollen heavy. My buddy that came to help me find him after hittin is a TWRA big game biologist. He aged him at 3.5 which is old around here. He weighed 165, spread 19.2, and 129 inches on an 8 point. Thats high for around here. Kept rack, but scared of bad kharma to mount it for hat rack for sons room cause I hit it and didnt take it rightfully (hunting). lol
But, did honor him today with a 9 hour crockpot cooked full of deer bbq. aw...... Yum. Cubed one whole ham in to 1 inch pieces, 6 cups water, garlic salt, half bottle bbq sauce, some worchestshire sauce, half onion, and cook for 9 hours, strain all liquid, put meat back in crockpot, add two bottles bbq sauce, and smash around with spoon. Falls apart into pulled bbq and tastes GREAT! Edited by Southern Christian Armed
LOL. I just feel bad to hit it. And then display its rack. See I am one that hunts for food not a sportsman. I feel I did the right thing and didnt waste its meat ( i spent over an hour looking for him tho to my embarrasment, he was right where I hit him 2 feet away in a ditch, but weeds were high and never saw him). Yeah its gonna cost me a $100 deductible to get my truck fixed. But I still feel bad for not taking him in a hunter be hunted fashion. Thats why I thought it'd be bad kharma to mount him. Though I didnt want to mount him as a display, my son just said it would be cool to mount him upside down hang it in his room so he could hang his .22 rifle and his hats on the rack. Maybe Im over thinking it. Edited by Southern Christian Armed
[quote name='eli4407' timestamp='1352701635' post='844183']LOL. I just feel bad to hit it. And then display its rack. See I am one that hunts for food not a sportsman. I feel I did the right thing and didnt waste its meat ( i spent over an hour looking for him tho to my embarrasment, he was right where I hit him 2 feet away in a ditch, but weeds were high and never saw him). Yeah its gonna cost me a $100 deductible to get my truck fixed. But I still feel bad for not taking him in a hunter be hunted fashion. Thats why I thought it'd be bad kharma to mount him. Though I didnt want to mount him as a display, my son just said it would be cool to mount him upside down hang it in his room so he could hang his .22 rifle and his hats on the rack. Maybe Im over thinking it.[/quote]

Accidents happen. I'd say you erased the bad karma by finding him and saving the meat. I would display the rack, it's a nice one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2