Carry Permit Course Switching to B-29 Target?

My wife is slated to take the course in a couple weeks and we just read a Facebook post from Frontier that the State has switched from the B-27 to the B-29 target. The yardage will be a maximum of 21 feet but the target is roughly 66% smaller. Can anyone confirm this? I don't think she'll have any problem passing all the same but I've had her practice with the B-27 target and I know she'd freak out if she showed up to take the course and the target was smaller. Edited by timcar86
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know the answer, but I referenced your question to "Tactical11", an instructor who's just become pretty active here in my response in another thread:

[url="http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/53959-permit-question-shooting-part/page__st__40#entry846140"]http://www.tngunowne..._40#entry846140[/url]

My opinion: if parameters for the shooting class have changed, then they still won't be any tougher than they have been.

- OS Edited by OhShoot
[quote name='Tactical11' timestamp='1353098535' post='846781']
Yes the Dos is going to b29 targets and eliminating shooting from the 15 yard line. However we have until april to do so or may start doing it immediately. .............bad news is for those who do well on the range, you will no longer be allowed to keep. Your target as we will now be req I Pired to keep it for our records.
[/quote]

When I took the class we had the option to buy an extra target for $1 (kind of a sleazy way to make 65 cents if you ask me) that was put behind the first. They kept one for record, (5 years ago BTW) I kept the other.
[quote name='Tactical11' timestamp='1353098535' post='846781']
Yes the Dos is going to b29 targets and eliminating shooting from the 15 yard line. However we have until april to do so or may start doing it immediately. .............bad news is for those who do well on the range, you will no longer be allowed to keep. Your target as we will now be req I Pired to keep it for our records.
[/quote]

I took the class in September and they kept the targets from my class.. They did allow you to snap a cell phone pic afterward if you wanted.
[quote name='Tactical11' timestamp='1353101060' post='846801']
I was told by the inspector that you do not have to keep records of the targets just the firing score however that changing in April first will have to start keeping the B 29 as part of our file
[/quote]

When I took the class in September they made us write down on the target how many out of 48 shots were on the black and we had to sign it. they folded it up and paper clipped it to their copy of the certificate. Edited by CRJCapt

I got to take my target home with me. :up: Don't know why but apparently once the score was written down people started tossing them in the trash. I rolled mine up and walked out the door with it. BTW it was the Knox County Sherrifs Dept who did the course.....