Revolvers?

bushfox25

Guest 270win

Snub nosed centennial style airweights are very easy to carry and hide. You can't go wrong with a small, medium, or large framed revolver for hunting, fishing, target, or self defense.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry an SP 101 or a 686 . . . wheelguns never jam . . .

while i love wheelguns, the can and do jam occasionally...just alot less likely. if you ever have a primer unseat or a bullet creep out far enough you will know what i mean...

They both have their place.

I give and take defensive training with a Glock. It is the premier defensive sidearm.;)

When leisurely shooting, I prefer a revolver, actually one of two Smith M14-6 K-38's with the full lug barrel I am lucky to own.

Superlative accuracy, cheap to reload, great crosstraining with the trigger, and I do not have to chase brass. The double action revolver IS the one requiring more range time and practice to master. It can NEVER run with a Glock in a defensive situation. It requires more coordination and hard drive to reload. You will have very little of either in a gunfight! :)

For five or six shots, it will likely fire regardless of how poor your grip is. You can cause your auto pistol to malfunction by holding it in a poor grip.

I carry an older 38 Spl Smith M640 in a belly band. I have a physique that allows me to carry this petite firearm in an undetectable method, and I use it. I am often asked why I do not carry. I consider that a compliment. As a trainer of Armed Professionals and Citizens, trust me. I carry.:)

I carry an SP 101 or a 686 . . . wheelguns never jam . . .

Aargh I hate hate hate to see this written or said. Yes they do jam, yes they will jam, I have had it happen and seen it happen. And when they do jam it is worse than a mere clear to get it unjammed. I do agree that they are less prone but as a man who likes both I always hate to see this said.

I am planning on taking a two day class on Snub revolver carry in Nov. They are having the class at Firearms traning in Temple GA.

Their web site is http://www.firearmz.net/index.html. Class is being taught by

Michael de Bethencourt of Northeastern Tactical Schools .

Web Site http://www.snubtraining.com

Has anyone taken these classes or know anything about this school?