Revolvers?

bushfox25

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Major Pain

I'm a revolver guy. Had the auto fever a while back in younger days but it didn't stick. I'm a Colt junkie and the only one I have is a 25 Colt junior. Use to have a few 1911s but all gone. Now all I have are Colts, Smiths in revolvers. Me and autos just never clicked.----MP

Guest mikedwood

I'm starting to feel the same way. I love my semi's but as for being reliable I'm not sure how much I trust any of mine with hollow point ammo.

I trust my snubbie 100% of the time. I'm really thinking of getting another snubbie. I seen to also notice that the semi's aim is a bit different as the gun is hot or cold. Is that my imagination?

I'm experiencing my mid-life crisis and am carrying a Para Carry in .45acp. But eventually sanity will return and I will go back to the 2 1/2" Model 19 Smith.

Shooting a revolver requires more skill than a semi. It is also a different rhythm. It is like typing on a manual typewriter.

As anyone who has been shooting with me knows, I am a revolver guy. I have 6 handguns, all revolvers. I have owned a lot more, and a number of semis, but when money got tight it was bye-bye bottom feeders. I definitely want semis again, but the revos I have would be much harder for me to replace than the semis I had before.

Nothing worng with semis, I just like my revolvers. Plus I reload, and I don't have to chase brass all over the range with my guns!

Guest BG38357

Mostly revolvers here. I carry a 3" model 66 and a 638, but also like my SIG P228 a lot.

Recently acquired a model 28-2 4" bbl. and love the way it shoots.

Guest tlondon

I like both. Each has its place. The thing I like about revolvers, when you pull the trigger and it dont go boom just pull the trigger again.

I like both. I have a number of revolvers and have had a lot more.

I usually carry semi-autos, except when I go hunting. When I hunt I almost always carry revolvers as a back-up weapon. The gun I am most likely to pick up for hunting is a S&W 681 .357 with a 4" bbl and a nickel finish. No frills, just shoots when i need it to shoot. My other favorite pistols are my old Colt DA's and my Ruger Bisley Vacquero's.

Guest magoo304

I have a 1911, but my wheel guns are my favorites. My favorite is my super redhawk. 44mag. 7 1/2" barrel SS. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I love my 686 2". I sent it back to S&W to have the hammer "bobbed" and the action honed. It is now smooth as silk! Yep, its a lil large and heavy, but the sheer size intimidates.

Recently had a "young man" start to approach me in a somewhat threatening manner in a parking lot. When I opened my coat and he SAW what I was wearing, he turned and RAN. I never even touched the firearm . . .

hi,

i like both. for sheer firepower and intimidation, -- it's hard to beat a semi.

but, the wheel guns are a lot of fun to shoot especially when you have the time and are just enjoying a liesurely day at the range.

while i carry a semi, [usually a 9mm or a .40] --- my backup and night stand guns are 'j' frame snubies in .38spl.

to each his own.

bob

Guest benchpresspower

Agreed, both have their place. I have a Charter Arms .38 Special Snub Nose that I used to qualify with. Nice gun but snaps sometimes.

Revolvers are good range and utility guns. Once you accept their limitations, you can work around them and realize their advantages. And the same the other way around, in terms of autos... they are just different tools. One is a crecent wrench, and the other is a socket & ratchet.

I must admit that I really like shooting revolvers... I just don't have the funds to collect as many as I'd like. So, I've got to prioritize buying pistols which make more practical sense for my needs... and so I have mostly autos.

Excellent post, Eddie.

I understand things the same way, unfortunately, I don't buy guns based on logic or needs!!! :D I JUST LIKE MY SMITHS!!! :D

I know I should get a higher capacity gun like a M&P 40 for home duty, and I know I should get something like the M&P40c for carry, but I like the idea of a biga** 44Mag loaded with watered down SWCs for home defense, and I like my 64 loaded up with hot 38+p SWCs or WCs for carry.

Maybe I'll have a semi by the end of the year, or early next year. Probably an M&P40c first, then a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail. I want that DW SSSOOOOO bad!

Guest grimel
Excellent post, Eddie.

I understand things the same way, unfortunately, I don't buy guns based on logic or needs!!! :D I JUST LIKE MY SMITHS!!! :D

I know I should get a higher capacity gun like a M&P 40 for home duty, and I know I should get something like the M&P40c for carry, but I like the idea of a biga** 44Mag loaded with watered down SWCs for home defense, and I like my 64 loaded up with hot 38+p SWCs or WCs for carry.

Maybe I'll have a semi by the end of the year, or early next year. Probably an M&P40c first, then a Dan Wesson Commander Bobtail. I want that DW SSSOOOOO bad!

Oh, I think a 327 would be good for the house. If 8 357mag's don't do it I think you need a long gun.

I go with Revolvers. I carry Ruger SP101. Also have S&W 620. I just think revolvers are safer than semi-autos and don't jam. The biggest draw back I see is the number of rounds they have.

I love shooting both! I have a S&W 357 mag., model 686 w/4 inch barrel and also a Ruger P-94 40 cal. and I can't get enough of either. Never a problem with the Ruger as far as jams but a revolver may misfire but just squeeze it again and it comes to life. I guess when it comes down to your life or a loved one's life you can always count on a revolver!