I need Help.....

Guest Angel 24/7

Guest Angel 24/7

My permit came in a little faster then expected. I have a Bersa380 & a Taurus24/7. I am a heavy set girl. I have not found a holster. Any suggestions??? I don't want to carry in my purse, my 3 year old is always getting in it. I think if it is not on my person, it will be in the gun safe.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest I_AM_WOOD

+1 on comptac great service and products, I would go to a nice shop with lots of holsters to try though like Guns and Leather otherwise get a big shoebox and start collecting holsters like every body else. I have more than I have guns.

How long did it take to get you permit? Tomorrow is 8 weeks for me.

Do not carry in your purse if you have a small child. There's a post around here about a grandmother whose young granchild pulled out her "piece" and shot herself. Very unfortunate.

Don't know where the post is but here is an update on the story:

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8451232

Other than that I have no suggestions. Just wondering what you wait time was. Good luck and never leave that gun loaded around the youngin'!

Guest Angel 24/7

I will not carry in my purse. I read that thread. That was the reason. I don't know how many times she has snuck off with my purse & gone threw it. Only to look at the pics of herself, I will not take that chance. I will start looking.

Holster choices for women aren't that great. I did know a woman who carried a Kel Tec .32 in her bra.

A belt holster is going to require pants and likely a belt. It isnt the most concealable.

Other choices are holster undershirt from Kramer, holster underwear I think called Thunderwear. I know Steelharp uses that. Don't ask me how I know.

Belly band is not a bad choice.

My wife carries a .38S&W topbreak in a zipped case in her work bag. It was the best I could do and beats nothing.

Look at the Don Hume holsters on their website. My wife uses one of their JIT slides and a IWB. She states they are the most comfortable for her body. at the 2 or 4 o'clock position. They are also priced well. Got mine off of ebay.

Guest TNDixieGirl
I said I was a heavy set girl! NO THONGS! That Sh** looks very uncomfortible

I'm with ya there girl. No butt floss for me.

I know what you're going through. I went through months of trying to find just the right way to carry. I don't know what size those guns you have are, but I ended up carrying in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster that clips right to the waistband of my pants. It's very comfortable to the point I don't even feel it there anymore.

There was absolutely no way I could carry the Sigma I had. I tried every method and the gun was just too big and heavy. When I got the Kahr CW9, that solved most of the problem. I was really looking forward to pocket carry, but IWB turned out to be the best way for that gun.

Good luck finding what feels right for you.

Guest db99wj
Well, it's an option.:whistle:

ghhfgai2.png

Yep, got the whole laptop with that. You owe me a new Dell D830, external keyboard, mouse, calculator, pants, and a phone. Holy crap that is funny!!!!!

Spend $20 on a belly band. It's the best $20 you'll ever spend on any holster. They're super comfortable and they conceal your gun extremely well. I'm heavy set also and I don't like to wear a belt. You should give one a try, I bet you'll love it :koolaid:

Well, it's an option.:D

ghhfgai2.png

Thats too funny! :koolaid:

Holster choices for women aren't that great. I did know a woman who carried a Kel Tec .32 in her bra.

Would that make it a gun rack :D

Spend $20 on a belly band. It's the best $20 you'll ever spend on any holster. They're super comfortable and they conceal your gun extremely well. I'm heavy set also and I don't like to wear a belt. You should give one a try, I bet you'll love it ;)

Where can one get that for 20?

I have been thinking about one for riding my trike!