Disarmed in a traffic stop

Me thinks ranger rick should stick to fire prevention unless there was something else that was going on that no one knew about, except for him, and his comm center....ya never know,but the disarming in front of everyone was questionable but then i wouldn't expect anything but that when it comes to gungy rambo minded squirrel chasers.

Interesting that you are offended by people questioning the authority of police but then you turn on this guy in the same way. I don't think you are helping your cause with this behavior. You are just proving the point of those that are against you. And You apparently feel the same about the ranger that some of the other folks on here feel towards your profession.

It is also interesting to look at the professions of those that seem to be attacking each other. There are deffinitly some trends there. Just saying, it is an interesting topic.
  • Like 1
[quote name='sventvkg' timestamp='1355356831' post='859075'] I'm a little younger than dirt and a little older than my teeth. I can get caught up in stories like anyone else but I try not to slander whole groups of people based on Google searches - are you speaking from personal experience or from credible sources that all these cops are out of control and violating rights? How many real violations happen compared to the likely hundreds of thousands of traffic stops that happen in this country every week? I don't know the actual statistics on it and I don't care but I can tell you abuse of authority is becoming more and more rampant. Start here and move to Google and Youtube to continue your research. What you will see and read about will open your eyes good sir. [/quote] I do care about statistics because I care about facts - YouTube Videos are not a substitute. Edited by RobertNashville

Well, I hope you never become a victim of a crime because you'll look silly calling the police to come help......

That's funny, cuz as we all know here, the police won't be there to help you anyway. I mean, that's why we carry in the first place....

I think some folks here are overreacting just a bit Cops do more than just take reports and they are not all corrupt. And, not all cops think that law-abiding constitution loving Americans are Terrorists.

Got any statistics on just how many times a cop was able to prevent a crime vs. write a report after the fact?

Got any statistics on just how many times a cop was able to prevent a crime vs. write a report after the fact?

How would anyone know? I’ve taken a bunch of drunk drivers off the street, I’ve handled a lot of domestic violence calls, and I’ve kept a lot of people alive at an accident scene until the paramedics arrived. How many crimes have I prevented or how many lives have I saved?
  • Like 3

How would anyone know? I’ve taken a bunch of drunk drivers off the street, I’ve handled a lot of domestic violence calls, and I’ve kept a lot of people alive at an accident scene until the paramedics arrived. How many crimes have I prevented or how many lives have I saved?

That's exactly my point.

Edited by DaddyO

I've read every post on this thread, and I still do not see the big deal about an officer disarming someone for the safety of all concerned. To the fellow who keeps refering to rangers as "squirrel chasers" (or whatever the phrase is you used)...thank you! I never heard that one before! I'll share it with my co-workers for sure.

If an officer suspects you may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (maybe why the stop was made to begin with),( oh wait, people with HCP's don't drink and drive while carrying a handgun), you are going to get disarmed, field tested and (if applicable) taken to jail.

I don't think disarming everyone is the answer. But, before I stop you...please tell me a little about yourself. Who are you? What kind of day are you having? Are you wanting to commit homicide? Suicide? Are you on your way to the mall? Theatre? School? Office, because you just lost your job? I don't know you bud...But I plan on doing everything I can to make sure I go home to my family.

Oh yeah...one more thing. Ask the next LEO who stops you how his or her day is going? I wonder how many of you who are bashing LEO's on here have ever called the police, ranger or game warden for assistance? That LEO didn't fail to ever show up, and maybe he put his life on the line for you. Why are we all acting like a bunch little kids? Some of ya'll are crying over spilled milk! Let's all grow up and appreciate the job that our police, fire and EMS does! Maybe next time you need a cop...think about this thread and whinning over being disarmed, call a plummer instead!

No personal attack here...just my :2cents:!

It wouldn't bother me one bit if this thread got locked. I'm starting to get that PO'd twitch in my jaw muscles, watching all of us grown men fuss'n with each other!

Good evening...

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 3
Guest sventvkg

I do care about statistics because I care about facts - YouTube Videos are not a substitute.

There are a lot of FACTS and proof of cops violating people's rights. If you don't care to know that's your prerogative. Drive on.

I've read every post on this thread, and I still do not see the big deal about an officer disarming someone for the safety of all concerned. To the fellow who keeps refering to rangers as "squirrel chasers" (or whatever the phrase is you used)...thank you! I never heard that one before! I'll share it with my co-workers for sure.

If an officer suspects you may be under the influence of alcohol or drugs (maybe why the stop was made to begin with), oh wait, people with HCP's don't drink and drive while carrying a handgun, you are going to get disarmed, field tested and (if applicable) taken to jail.

I don't think disarming everyone is the answer. But, before I stop you...please tell me a little about yourself. Who are you? What kind of day are you having? Are you wanting to commit homicide? Suicide? Are you on your way to the mall? Theatre? School? Office, because you just lost your job? I don't know you bud...But I plan on doing everything I can to make sure I go home to my family.

Oh yeah...one more thing. Ask the next LEO who stops you how his or her day is going?

Dave S

This.

• Like 1

There are a lot of FACTS and proof of cops violating people's rights. If you don't care to know that's your prerogative. Drive on.

I'm confused, above you said you not only didn't now but didn't care about the actual statistics but you claim there are a lot of FACTS and proof of cops violating people's rights.  How you can you know that with such certainly while concurrently not knowing and not caring about the actual statistics?

It's not that I "don't care to know"; it's just that I've heard these claims before but the claims always seem to be long on assertions and very short on facts.

I'm not and no one that is know of is disputing that there are bad cops out there but a bad cop here does not constitute your claim that "MOST ARE CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATING OATH BREAKERS".  :screwy:

We are done here . I will not reopen this thread. Maybe you guys can report me and find another that will but I doubt it. We have all expressed our views on this, some of us dozens of times, so there is nothing more to see. If you want to find out how someone feels about this go back to the begining and start reading again.

And sventvkg if you decide to start bashing cops on here you will find your stay here will be short lived. I am one of the more critical members of bad officers, go ahead and search on here, there is plenty of evidence on here. With that being said I will not allow you or anyone else to lump all those who are doing good in with the bad few. Not every officer is bad and as a matter of fast the vast majority are just the opposite. How do I know? Because I have worked in LE as well as continue to do what I can to help those that are trying to do good. I have been responsible for the firing of bad officers. But I have also seen good officers loose their career over some ficticious complaint.

Again, we are done here.

Dolomite

• Like 9