The Jack Carbine

Il Duce

• Moderators

MSRP is $2200ish....that's not the street price. Comparable ARs are right around that range of $18-2kish. As someone stated, you can build it for close to $1900.....and thats without the cerakote, training coupon, people who actually know how to build an AR correctly rather than a guy tinkering at his work bench, and most importantly - the FET.

While high, the price is not outrageous.

Mall ninja? Please. That's reserved for all the DPMS, Bushmaster, etc guns with fake optics, Mako grips, UTG rails, chinese lights and lasers, and a Walmart bipod :rock:

It's not for everybody, obviously. But you can't deny that it is a quality weapon, built with quality parts, by a quality company with a known standard of success.

This gun won't do anything that a DPMS, Bushmaster, etc won't do and it wants three times the money for it. You buy this gun because you like the hype that is BCM or Haley.

As for building your own AR, its a friggin AR. Its not a precision bolt gun. Not too terribly much that a guy with average skill and minimal tool set can screw up.

As for the training coupon, I have NO NEED to train with Haley. He knows what he is doing but 90 percent of the populace doesn't need that type of training. It would be worthless.

I totally agree. It is the same thing as folks who spend hundreds of dollars on fancy knives when any $30 Kershaw will do the job just as well. It is all hype. And as long as folks like Hinderer can make a buck off of them, more power to them.
  • Like 1

I totally agree. It is the same thing as folks who spend hundreds of dollars on fancy knives when any $30 Kershaw will do the job just as well. It is all hype. And as long as folks like Hinderer can make a buck off of them, more power to them.

I_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

• Like 1

After having a BAD on all my guns I cannot see myself not using one.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/12/09/hst-bcm-the-jack/

Price is listed there, as well as a video by Travis Haley.

The gun is awesome. Just wish it had a BAD lever and an ambi-safety. Since Haley advocated their use (as well as designed the BAD) back in his Magpul Dynamics days, I wonder why he didn't incorporate them into his rifle design. I've never used the BAD but I think for weapons malfunctions, it is pretty valuable to be able to use your right hand to actuate the bolt lock, and after switching to using ambi-safeties, I can't imagine going back.

So,  

'Trav' and I were knocking down a few beers one night and I drew out my 'ideal' carbine on a paper napkin.   He was impressed to say the least. ..... I told him in my druk'in state... "hey you can use it all if you want but don't make it 300 Blackout like what I already have".  ...  looks like he didn't use my ambi saftey, or BAD lever, or RSA up front   .... but my hand writing that night on the napkin was pretty bad anyways... :yuck:

"Hey Trav, I want some kick back on the profits dude!, I didn't think you were seriously going to put it out."     j/k   you know its all good brutha. :D

IMAG0884.jpg

IMAG0883.jpg

Edited by sigrug17

So,  

'Trav' and I were busting down a few beers one night and I drew out my 'ideal' carbine on a paper napkin.   He was impressed to say the least. ..... I told him in my druk'in state... "hey you can use it all if you want but don't make it 300 Blackout like what I already have".  ...  looks like he didn't use my ambi saftey, or BAD lever, or RSA up front   .... but my hand writing that night on the napkin was pretty bad anyways... :yuck:

"Hey Trav, I want some kick back on the profits dude!, I didn't think you were seriously going to put it out."     j/k   you know its all good brutha. :D

You must be the "e-operator" and "mall ninja" everyone is talking about :wave:

Good looking rifle.  Your stock is crying for rattlecan :up:

You must be the "e-operator" and "mall ninja" everyone is talking about :wave:

Good looking rifle.  Your stock is crying for rattlecan :up:

Haha! He's had this built for awhile. Thought it was funny when Haley came out with something "new".
  • Like 1