Biden says "executive order is possible"

His reference to other presidents not being successful in their attempts of executive order is a good point, HOWEVER Obama is the president that got the affordable health care plan passed when many others failed. Not trying to stur a panic, but we are in different times now and America is a different country. Act accordingly, contact your representatives NOW
Yup. When all of this was being discussed by those of us who seen it coming, we heard the typical retort from those stuck in the normalcy bias or in denial.

Examples of some of the arguments I heard:

1. Obama didn't do anything thing in the first term, so I don't think he'll go after guns at all in his second term. (Ignoring when Obama said he was interested in renewing the AWB in the presidential debate with Romney.)

2. Gun rights and ownership under Obama in the first term has risen via sales and HCP's becoming legal in many states. He's the most pro-gun president we've had in years, so he won't go after guns.

3. They can't and never will confiscate our guns because this is America. (Ignoring gun confiscation during Katrina.)

3. We have the second amendment and then SCOTUS to protect our rights, so Obama can't ban our guns. (Ignoring the past AWB under Clinton, etc.)

4. Is tin foil flying off the shelves? This an Alex Jones conspiracy?

Etc.....

Yeah, been trying to wake people up for a while and none of them would listen to me. Now they're all in shock wondering how this happened while looking at proposed gun bans and confiscation.
  • Like 1

I wish the Republican House would go ahead and tell the President NO on AWB and let him go his Executive Order route or whatever..but...The Administration and gun ban crowd are at their height of frensy right now so maybe it is good that we have not heard from the House leadership yet. Hopefully when we do it will be for freedom and upholding the Constitution!  As for me I have written my reps twice and will again and also encouraged family and friends to do the same.

There are a bunch of mad dog lawyers waitin for Nobama to issue an Executive Order that violates the Bill of Rights.  It will be sent to the Supreme Court in an expedited fashion and summarily struck down.  I hope he does.  This "Executive Order" business is red meat for his constituency and fooder to infuriate those like us.  You can issue any kind of order ya want if it aint challenged in court.  This one will be challenged.   Nobama couldnt get the "rat on your customers" thing (....buying more than 2 rifles at a time....) as an ATF and Department of Justice directive.  I say, go ahead Barak.

.......Remember, dear sweet bruthr barak is the prez; not a tsar or dictator (...yet...). ..... 

leroy

Edited by leroy

There are a bunch of mad dog lawyers waitin for Nobama to issue an Executive Order that violates the Bill of Rights.  It will be sent to the Supreme Court in an expedited fashion and summarily struck down.  I hope he does.  This "Executive Order" business is red meat for his constituency and fooder to infuriate those like us.  You can issue any kind of order ya want if it aint challenged in court.  This one will be challenged.   Nobama couldnt get the "rat on your customers" thing (....buying more than 2 rifles at a time....) as an ATF and Department of Justice directive.  I say, go ahead Barak.

.......Remember, dear sweet bruthr barak is the prez; not a tsar or dictator (...yet...). ..... 

leroy

He thinks he is, Leroy. And he is the only person he thinks he needs to impress. He has possibly the worst case of narcissism

in history. Maybe like Caligula? Hitler? Mussolini? Those didn't end well, either. He's just joining the crowd. I hope to see his

ends like theirs.

I'll bet he has liberal lawyers working overtime to bastardize every nook and cranny of legislation they can find to justify an EO.

It won't pass muster at all, like you said. But I wonder about the Roberts factor on the bench. Obamacare was a huge

disappointment. Kennedy may not be on our side, either.

This president is making FDR start to almost look good.

There are a bunch of mad dog lawyeall) waitin for Nobama to issue an Executive Order that violates the Bill of Rights.  It will be sent to the Supreme Court in an expedited fashion and summarily struck down.  I hope he does.  This "Executive Order" business is red meat for his constituency and fooder to infuriate those like us.  You can issue any kind of order ya want if it aint challenged in court.  This one will be challenged.   Nobama couldnt get the "rat on your customers" thing (....buying more than 2 rifles at a time....) as an ATF and Department of Justice directive.  I say, go ahead Barak.

leroy

Lawyers? We don' need no stinkin' lawyers!

(former law school student - just kidding Stegall ;) )

His reference to other presidents not being successful in their attempts of executive order is a good point, HOWEVER Obama is the president that got the affordable health care plan passed when many others failed. Not trying to stur a panic, but we are in different times now and America is a different country. Act accordingly, contact your representatives NOW

He did that with a majority in the house and the senate. Couldn't get it done today

I believe the WH is trying to push us over the edge. By making outlandish statements regarding Second Amendment rights that they KNOW are in direct conflict with Constitutional principles, they are hoping to force all the nutjobs out of the woodwork so they can show the American people just how unhinged we gun owners are. This strategy is not beneath them.

It's saber rattling at best.

• Like 1

I believe the WH is trying to push us over the edge. By making outlandish statements regarding Second Amendment rights that they KNOW are in direct conflict with Constitutional principles, they are hoping to force all the nutjobs out of the woodwork so they can show the American people just how unhinged we gun owners are. This strategy is not beneath them.

It's saber rattling at best.

Well... the nutjobs forced some of the sane guys out of the woodwork too. Good responses from Travis Haley and the guy from the Military Arms Channel yesterday. Then there's the Jewish guy that KICKED Poose Morgan's ass on his own show.