This is my letter our Governor and My STATE Legislators

This is the letter I sent to my State Lawmakers and the Governor. I hope and suggest you do the same. 

Find their email addresses at this link  http://www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/

"Dear Governor Haslem,

The Second Amendment is under ATTACK. This nation NEEDS the leadership of Tennessee. Tennesseans need your outspoken support of the Second Amendment.  As a state, we can set a model for other states to fallow. 

I urge you to encourage our State Lawmakers to enact legislation that clearly states, "under no uncertain terms will the State of Tennessee allow the Federal Government to infringe on the Constitution and the accompanying Bill of Rights that this State agreed to in 1796." We should not recognize or attempt to enforce any unconstitutional laws that infringe on the second amendment. 

Gun control is the easiest scapegoat to slaughter in an attempt to settle the fragile emotions of Americans. The repercussions of such legislation will be far reaching and not easy to undo. To strip the Bill of Rights and weaken the ability of our citizens to protect this Nation is ill-advised. 

We are your servants and you were elected to be ours. I ask you to represent our interest and take a stand with the second amendment. Someone needs to remind this nation what the second amendment is about and that it does not allude to hunting or shooting sports. Tennessee can be this someone. Other States will fallow our lead."
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still no reply from any of them.

I'm going to contact my reps again to support that feller's proposal to not use any state money or resources to enforce 2nd amendment infringements. His bill pretty much addresses my concerns.

Here's a response that I received from Senator Corker. Glad to see him recognize self-protection. I still have this gut feeling that the Republicans are going to cave....

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the tragic shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like any parent, I was heartbroken to hear about this tragedy, and like other Tennesseans, I have the victims and families in my thoughts and prayers. Given such an unspeakable act of violence perpetrated on children, it's appropriate to talk about what we're doing to keep our communities safe, recognizing the issues involved are complex, especially when it comes to identifying and acting upon the warning signs that always seem to precede these incidents.

While I have always believed that it is critical to ensure that firearms are kept out of the hands of those who have lost their constitutional right to firearm possession, the right to own firearms for shooting, hunting, and self-protection is important to me as a Tennessean and as an American. Should legislation dealing with our Second Amendment rights come before the Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration. I also wanted to share the steps I have taken to protect our Second Amendment rights in the attached "Policy Points" document.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Good letter lil*pup. :up:

Keep it up.

It's my understanding the elected officials log "pro" & "con" on issues...so we need to keep the pressure on them in Favor of our Constitutionally Protected God Given Rights.

LOL, Blitzen;

That's the same canned response I get from Corker at least twice a week. But I keep writing him/them just to let them know we're out here. :pleased:

And yeah, I agree, the Republican party is not showing any guts...it looks more and more like the myth of a two party system is just that...a myth...

My Prayer is that States will again focus on, and assert, the concept of States Rights, as our founders intended.

This is the letter I sent to my State Lawmakers and the Governor. I hope and suggest you do the same. 

Find their email addresses at this link  http://www.capitol.tn.gov/legislators/

"Dear Governor Haslem,

The Second Amendment is under ATTACK. This nation NEEDS the leadership of Tennessee. Tennesseans need your outspoken support of the Second Amendment.  As a state, we can set a model for other states to fallow. 

I urge you to encourage our State Lawmakers to enact legislation that clearly states, "under no uncertain terms will the State of Tennessee allow the Federal Government to infringe on the Constitution and the accompanying Bill of Rights that this State agreed to in 1796." We should not recognize or attempt to enforce any unconstitutional laws that infringe on the second amendment. 

Gun control is the easiest scapegoat to slaughter in an attempt to settle the fragile emotions of Americans. The repercussions of such legislation will be far reaching and not easy to undo. To strip the Bill of Rights and weaken the ability of our citizens to protect this Nation is ill-advised. 

We are your servants and you were elected to be ours. I ask you to represent our interest and take a stand with the second amendment. Someone needs to remind this nation what the second amendment is about and that it does not allude to hunting or shooting sports. Tennessee can be this someone. Other States will fallow our lead."

Good letter, other than your saying "We are your servants..." We are our own servants and they serve to represent the people(us),

not themselves. Post it when you get a response, please. Other than that, it was a good letter. Hope you don't mind.

watch the spell checker or typing, "fallow" sneaked in there twice. 

Otherwise, good job!  I have been sending out similar stuff, but I have also been including 1st and reminding them that video games and TV are ALSO not to blame.  

Thanks for the positive notes. I am working on my spelling.

The bit about "being a servant" is an attempt to placate to the potential egomaniacs I write letters to. I'm not saying they are full of themselves. I don't know them on a personal level. But I my preference is to approach this humbly and with respect. I wish public service was just that, but the truth is that these people are part of the ELITE in our nation. That is why Duchess Feinstein's new legislation does not apply to those in congress in the much the same way "Hussein OBama Care" does not apply to them either. These laws are for the commoners.

I've been getting the same letter from Corker. At least our national representation has drafted some sort of reply. My local reps on the state level are sending the sound of crickets my way.

I do not like the part of the letter from Corker that states that he will "take your concerns into consideration".  He should be saying that we will take them to heart and not allow our Constitutional rights to be chipped away one law at a time.  

There is no room for "consideration" here.  You either support the 2nd Amendment or you don't.  There is no in between.

There is no room for "consideration" here.  You either support the 2nd Amendment or you don't.  There is no in between.

Well said. I'm going to use that in my next round of e-mails. Many Americans long for the day our elected Republicans will stand up and be counted but I don't think it will come. Not many Patriots sent to Congress and Senate anymore. The House Republicans could have already put this 2nd Amendment assault to bed.

January 31, 2013

Dear Aaron:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution. Listening to and learning from Tennesseans is very important to me, and I appreciate that you thought to share this with me. I support our Constitution, including the Second Amendment.

Recently, the president signed twenty-three executive orders on gun control. This level of unilateral action bypassing Congress on an issue this important is unprecedented and concerning. We are continuing to review the orders to see if there are any limitations placed on Second Amendment rights.

It appears right now that the president put his major efforts to limit the Second Amendment into proposals that must be voted on by Congress. This is important because the House of Representatives can amend, accept or reject these proposals.

We will be watching this situation closely, and I know you will also. Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I look forward to working with you and all Tennesseans to make our great state an even better place to live, work, and raise a family.

Warmest regards,

Bill Haslam

BH:sj